Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-25-20, 11:11 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Okay gals, I'm waiting for some things to bake in prep for Thanksgiving (like this flourless chocolate cake I'm attempting for the very first time!) and am catching up on a zillion emails and RUDY IS SO HANDSOME, Kim!!! But wait, we can post albums of pics??? I did not know this! Sheesh, I have to explore that.

CatExtreme, I was dying today after Chest, Shoulders, and Biceps, and SO thankful again next week is a 'recovery' week! And yes, soon it's on to Meso 2....yay us! We need mini-cowbells, hah! Your wine looks hilarious! Do report in on how it tastes! Maybe I can order some.

Oh no, Horusosiris, Bee, Kim, on KCM...I have no idea what she goes on about and now I don't want to know as I can see how that's a turn-off. I too appreciate that so much about Cathe. I think though I'm going to hold off on re-joining Live at least until STS is over, just for now.

Oh, Bee, yes, get Step Sync!

Nathalie, I do find the time of day I work out makes all the difference, but I'm also NOT a morning person, not one iota. It's funny but when I haven't slept well, then it doesn't matter at all, there's NO good time of day to work out!

I'm loving hearing about all of your Thanksgiving dishes and mmmmmmm, Manleym, smoked salmon!! I LOVE smoked salmon but my husband is not a fan, sigh. I'll be right over and spend the day with you instead, hee hee!! We're doing smoked turkey and stuffed acorn squash and a citrus salad and some other stuff, mmmmmmm.

Horusosiris and Kate, I missed out on the Insanity craze and now kind of regret that and now I get confused when looking for them online because I can't tell if they're DVDs or all digital now or....?

Anywho, I'll check in tomorrow...but for now, nitey nite, my Watulan friends!!

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-20, 12:20 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Happy Thanksgiving! Just sitting with some coffee while I wait for cornbread (for stuffing) to bake. I should have done that yesterday but forgot.

Nathalie, how's your back feeling today? I'm not sure it matters for me what time I work out. I'm the opposite of kittybug -- I am a morning person, so if I wait too long to work out more often than not it just won't happen. I hope you're feeling better! I do agree that a poor night's sleep is not great for the workout. I did not sleep well last night. We had really strong winds and the dogs got scared and came in our room. Hard to send them out under those circumstances. At any rate, I had Body Max on tap and even though I didn't sleep well, I attempted it. My feet stumbled twice on the step -- maybe it was a really bad idea for me. I did cut out the 20-ish minute step section after the warm up because of my stumbling but then there is more during the leg portion of course. It was a fun workout -- I'm honestly not sure I've ever done that one and I think I said it with another oldie but gosh Cedie is just adorable! Cathe is too, but I'm more used to her in all her different ages. Cedie just looks so young and cute.

kittybug, I'll bet you could find a used copy of Insanity dvds if you wanted. But it may just be on line at this point.

cataddict I love the poop wine label!! What does the little print underneath say? Anything funny?

Thanks for the Step Sync comments -- I'll be ordering......

Oh, I followed Body Max with another Vytas Short and Sweet -- just a stretch basically -- it was perfect for today. If I can get things in good order I may take a walk later -- always a nice thing to do on Thanksgiving. I hope you all have a wonderful day. We've got to make the most of what we can this year, right? Have fun!!
Old 11-26-20, 02:41 PM  
Mickey12

Just popped in to say that yes, Rudy is the brown striped cat in the pictures. Striped cats are my favorite but I wouldn’t turn down ANY cat! The photo of the two cats with their tales shaped like a heart is not mine. It’s just a photo that I love.

Kittybug you definitely need to post an album of cat photos. I occasionally try to post more in mine, but they won’t work more times than not.
Old 11-26-20, 09:27 PM  
lavna

Just a quick check-in to wish you all a Happy Thanksgiving Watulans!

Nathalie
lavna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-20, 01:46 PM  
Mickey12

I was inspired by the $7.00 Mindy Mylrea DVDs at the Collage sale and I pulled out Mindy’s Interval Express for today. I have a couple of Mindy’s dvds but I don’t do them often. I think I used to be annoyed with her cuing which isn’t great, but it didn’t bother me today. This one was really fun! It’s 60 minutes of mostly easy step choreography with tough intervals. There are a few medicine ball segments mixed in and there is a short hi/lo section at the end. There’s a lot going on and the time flew by. Sharon Twombly is one of the background exercisers.

I also bought 3 of her DVDs at the Collage sale because I couldn’t pass up $7.00!

I had turkey, cranberry sauce and stuffing leftovers for lunch. Yum, hope everyone has a great day!
Old 11-27-20, 06:59 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Happy Friday Watulans! I hope you all enjoyed your Thanksgiving day! We're working through a mess of leftovers, a lot of which I'm sure is going to end up in the freezer.

On Thursday, I did Cathe's Intensity because I wanted an intense cardio workout to burn off my dinner before I ate it. And today was the last workout for me in STS Meso 1, Back and Triceps, yay!! I made it through Meso 1!! Now on to a much needed recovery week before starting Meso 2.

CatExtreme, we're still planning on doing Patrick's HWC2 next week, right? Only issue is I don't know when mine will arrive. The tracking email from Mary says it will be here Monday but I'm not sure I believe that, so we'll see. I have no idea what other workouts I'll be doing next week because I haven't thought about it...I'm used to having the structure of the rotation to decide for me, hah! But I have plenty of new ones on the way to pick from once they get here.

Kim, I haven't even perused Collage in years...kind of forgot about it! Hmm....no, I should NOT go look, I should NOT go look.

Stay fierce, Watulans, and enjoy your weekend!!

Old 11-27-20, 07:53 PM  
Mickey12

Kittybug how did the flourless chocolate cake turn out? I made an apple pie. I make two pies a year. One apple at Thanksgiving and one strawberry in June when they are in season. The crust is always a struggle but it’s my favorite part of the pie. Everyone else likes the apples!

I had turkey and stuffing for lunch and I made turkey sandwiches for dinner. Yum!

Oh, just FYI, the bargain thread has a link to the Team Beachbody site where they have some dvd programs on great sale prices. Insanity is there, although the price of that one isn’t terribly discounted IMO. Just letting you know in case you were serious about wanting to get it.
Old 11-27-20, 08:01 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey12 View Post
Kittybug how did the flourless chocolate cake turn out? I made an apple pie. I make two pies a year. One apple at Thanksgiving and one strawberry in June when they are in season. The crust is always a struggle but it’s my favorite part of the pie. Everyone else likes the apples!

I had turkey and stuffing for lunch and I made turkey sandwiches for dinner. Yum!

Oh, just FYI, the bargain thread has a link to the Team Beachbody site where they have some dvd programs on great sale prices. Insanity is there, although the price of that one isn’t terribly discounted IMO. Just letting you know in case you were serious about wanting to get it.
I'm going to have to give you an enabler title, Kim!!! I will check that out.

OMG...the flourless chocolate cake is/was YUM YUM YUM!! It turned out so much better than I could have hoped, especially because as I got into the recipe, I realized it made no sense, so I began modifying it as I went, crossing my fingers and toes. But it WORKED!!! I actually cut it into pieces and put it in the freezer to slow us down eating it, hah!

Mmmmm, apple and strawberry pie are wonderful....as is key lime!! And lemon cookies. I could go on...and on....and on....

Old 11-27-20, 09:08 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Happy Day After Thanksgiving!

I did some walking yesterday, but no "formal" workouts. Dinner was good, and the key lime pie was tasty. Tonight is leftovers but apple pie with ice cream is today's dessert. Oh, we also tried one of the new wines we got. DH picked Blackberry Sangria and I was thinking to myself, man, I hope it's not sicky sweet! I'm happy to report that it isn't at all! The blackberry adds a nice tartness. Very tasty!

Today I did STS Legs to finish off Meso 1! FN1, YAY, US! I used heavier weights than my last time and the wall squats worked well for me. I know Meso 1 is supposed to be endurance, but I can tell I've developed muscle. I'm also looking forward to the rest week! The guide says to do cardio on the off week, but no weights at all! I think I can manage that, although I might use some very, very light weights for a metabolic workout of two. I followed Legs with Rob Glick's Good to Go Hi/Lo and finally the extended stretch from Step Boss. Fun stuff!

FN1, I will do HWC2 on any day you want! I also have some things coming from Mary, including that Toby Massenburg that you enabled me about! Oh, and I saw on Mary's Beachbody site that the Insanity set was available. When I looked I think it was $119? I have no idea what it cost to begin with, as like you, I passed on it when it was all the rage. I wouldn't mind trying it, but that's a lot of $$ to spend to try something! ETA, Beachbody has the set on sale for $59.99. Check out the Bargain Watch thread as I think you can order it from Mary and get that price if you work with her on it. Oh, and I am the Queen of Altering Recipes. Of course that means nothing ever tastes the same way twice, but that's okay with me. I always cut back on the sugar, as while I definitely have a sweet tooth, I also want to taste the flavor of the item and not just the sugar and many recipes overdo it IMHO. I'm glad the flourless chocolate cake turned out well! It's chocolate, so how bad could it be?

Nathalie, thanks for the good wishes! It's been a pretty crappy year, but still I have a lot to be thankful for, and I need to focus on that more.

bee, the print under the poopshow wine says "A Fine Wine for the Times." Hope you enjoy Step Sync!

manley, smoked salmon, YUM!

I looked at the Collage sale and they didn't have anything that I want. Not sure if that means I already have way too much (well, that's no doubt true) but I did buy several at Mary's sale. Kim, I have Mindy's Interval Express, haven't done it in ages! Another one on my long list of "need to circle back to" workouts!

Waving to all!

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-20, 09:39 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

CatExtreme/FN2, I too can definitely tell I've developed more muscle/definition in just these four weeks from really pushing myself! In fact, and warning, crass husband joke coming, but I've got some serious veins popping out all over (WTH???) to the point where my husband joked that now would be the perfect time for me to learn to inject (insert drug name here).

Then somehow our old private joke about him calling me 'dense' came up, to which he said something about me being 'more dense than ever'....and at the look I gave him on that, he clarified by saying 'nothing but muscle.' I wish that were actually true ('cuz it certainly ain't), but I'll take his point of view for sure!!

Tags
analysis paralysis, cathe, cathe rotation, cathe rotation checkin, cathe rotations, too many choices, too many options, variety, watulan check-in