Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 11-26-20, 09:34 AM  
sherry7899

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Linda, I am so happy for you !!

This morning my knees are bugging me, so I just did a half hour of cardio.

I did:

Team Body Project: Beats 2 30 minutes. I loved this one! It has very motivating and dramatic warm up music

Yoga Ranger-Heart Chakra opening practice-25 minutes

I hope everyone has a lovely day !

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-20, 11:32 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-20, 11:38 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Wishing comfort & peace to all on this (American) Thanksgiving Day.

I did a yoga practice (virtual) this morning with an indigenous person of the Mohawk tribe. He wove in the words of their Thanksgiving Address, also known by the name "Words Before All Else," which I love. Here is a link if you want to read:
https://kflachildrenandyouthservices...kariwatehkwen/

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-20, 01:27 PM  
luvcritters
VF Supporter

Beth - I'll have to watch your link after the man leaves on Saturday. Native Americans all over the place today. My dh was Comanche. My cousin sent me an Indian joke about Thanksgiving this morning but I can't post it here.

Trust no one. - X-Files, and me.

Comfort food only provides comfort while it's in your mouth. - Me
luvcritters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-20, 02:20 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Linda I didn't know you were part Native American! You'll have to let me know if the reading resonates with you.

I filmed a meditation today, Using Gratitude to HEAL:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2P0p9NfXuY

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 11-26-20, 06:32 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Happy Thanksgiving to those in the USA who celebrate!

Yesterday and today are rest days.

Sandra, you'll enjoy those Margaret DVDs. Of the DVDs you recently bought, I love Good 'N Strong, Muscle & Grace and Give Me Strength.

Pat, thank you for sharing your blog entry. I enjoyed reading it. I loved bathroom humor reference!

Beth, I did your gratitude to heal meditation and I loved it.
I enjoyed reading "Words Before All Else"--thank you for sharing that with us!
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-20, 07:11 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Paine, hope you and your family had a good Thanksgiving! So glad you enjoyed my meditation, although I can't take full credit since I borrowed from Dr. Hanson, whose work I love.

DH & I enjoyed our takeout; we have enough for another meal!

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 11-26-20, 07:36 PM  
cyana

Happy Thanksgiving. I woke up this AM, did some deep breathing (my normal daily waking up routine) and decided I wasn't going to dwell on things out of my control - like the fact I wasn't able to spend the day with DS and DIL. I went out and took a nice walk in the sun and warmth this afternoon....enjoying an absolutely beautiful day. It was fun to greet my fellow walkers with a big smile and a Happy Thanksgiving wish. Tomorrow will be turkey day, as my turkey breast wasn't ready to go into the brine last night. I'm thankful that I have four days off work. My work life should be improving next week - fingers crossed. This evening I shall begin celebrating with some retail therapy.

Beth - I enjoyed reading "Words Before All Else". I will try to do the Gratitude meditation tomorrow. I'm thinking a candlelight yoga session should be on the menu this week-end.

Linda - Enjoy The Man's visit. Thought of you when I came across this story: https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...ed-pears-video

Pat - I enjoyed reading your post and as someone who grew up with 2 brothers and 2 guys as next-door neighbors - bathroom humor is always acceptable.

Pam - I've been thinking a walk in the woods would be therapeutic. My body is saying "ahhhhh" just thinking about it.

Sherry - I hope your knees are less buggy tomorrow.

Sandra - I did 360 Abs wearing the BFR bands earlier this week.

I'd better get moving if I'm going to do some shopping this evening. After looking at the 2 holes in my Lucy capris that I wore this afternoon (dang it, those aren't that old, either), perhaps some new yoga tights should go on the list!

I'm grateful for my Barefoot family. Thank you for providing cyber hugs, humor, support, recipes, fitness information, etc. - all greatly appreciated. Hugs to ALL.

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-20, 07:43 PM  
JustSandra

Hello!

Today's Workout: The Stride, Stretch and Relax routine from Jessica Smith's Walk On 21 Day Weight Loss Plan. This essentially finishes off Jessica's Healthy For the Holidays rotation -- the last two days are a Rest Day and a Wild Card Day. Have very much enjoyed doing this rotation, and can see trying another Jessica rotation again in 2021.

Echoing our Cyana in expressing my gratefulness to our Barefoot family!

Take care everyone!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-20, 08:44 PM  
Garrie A.

Happy Thanksgiving to all Mat Mavens who celebrate! Although I don't pop in as often as I used to, I'm always thankful for VF (and my Mat Maven friends)!

Usually we have a big dinner with family, but it was just Mom, Dad, and me this year. We did take dinner to everyone else though.

On the workout front, I finished Mesocycle 2 of Cathe's STS this week. Next week marks my "active recovery week," and I'm feeling a bit nostalgic. I pulled out a box of Firm DVDs I used to do all the time (BSS1-4) and I'm thinking about revisiting a few of the ones I used to love the most. Today I did Ultimate Calorie Blaster from the TransFirmer series. While it wasn't as difficult as I remembered it being, it was still a solid and FUN cardio sweatfest. And Stephanie cued just as well as I remembered. I'm thinking about doing a mini Firm rotation after STS.

Re pull-ups, I can only do the horizontal ones using Cathe's Fit Tower, about 12 on a good day. Now a regular pull-up is a different story.

I'm feeling a bit of blues. Covid cases are quickly rising in my area (mostly in a long term care facility) and I got some news about my bookstore manager. She has to have a surgery this week, and there is a chance that she may have to have another surgery afterwards with a longer recovery period. And all of this a few weeks before spring rush. I'm hoping the second surgery isn't needed, though.

I'll chat more tomorrow. (((HUGS))) and waves all around!
--------------------------------------------------------
CLX 6/19-9/19
STS Grad 11/19-2/20, 9/20-12/20

Current Focus:
Retro Rotation!!

Check out my blog by clicking on the "Home Page" link under my profile name.
Garrie A. is offline   Reply With Quote