Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 11-25-20, 09:42 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Last night I finished the lower body workout on Margaret's Sculpture - glutes 1, glutes 2, hamstrings and abs. I didn't care for it at all. It incorporates feet on a chair for glutes 2 and it was cumbersome and ineffective. I'll modify that a lot if I do it again.

I don't blog very often, but I completed this entry on these COVID-days if anyone is interested. Apologies for the line about bathroom humor but that's how my family rolls.

Beth, good to hear you have five days off. I took Monday-Tuesday myself and am looking forward to having my own schedule.

Pam I am chuckling over your props collection including street hockey balls. Thanks for the smile!

Sandra nice purchase on those Margaret workouts. I'm trying to incorporate her more often so you will be a good motivator. Which ones did you get?
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-20, 09:49 AM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat58 View Post
Sherry, thank you for those recipes! They look perfect.
You are welcome! That blog has a ton. Sadly I do not enjoy Indian food, but if you do she has many Indian recipes. Enjoy!

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-20, 09:58 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Happy Thanksgiving Eve!

Pat, I just read your blog and appreciated your honest reflections! I have been reflecting along the lines of what you said here: "The family kids move away, that's the natural cycle of life, but each one's absence is another empty chair." Although I won't see my family for the holidays this year, my first Thanksgiving/Christmas without them was years ago, before I moved to Rochester. We won't see DH's family this year either, but I'm well-aware that his parents won't be with us many more years. Change is indeed the "natural cycle of life," and yet I think it feels harder now because it feels unfair, or preventable. But those things are the natural cycle of life too! Accepting this certainly doesn't mean liking it.
Glad to hear you took this week off (or maybe you meant Mon-Tue next week?). Enjoy your time to yourself!

Sherry, I thought I was one of the only people who didn't like Indian food! Like most foods, I can eat it, but curry and other are not really my favorite. It might seem shocking to say that I'm also not big on Mexican, probably because I don't like cheese. But again, I could eat it! Although I have preferences, I'm one of the least-picky eaters I know.

Pam, it's funny to hear people talk about the YTU balls as being so deadly when I them!!! I actually like my Pinky balls even a little more, as they are a bit more dense (I think my YTU balls have softened over the years). I have Petrone balls too but rarely use them. Interesting that your hockey balls are softer; I believe that lacrosse balls are harder!

Sandra, that's a great deal on the Margaret DVDs! Are they classics that you didn't have already? Sounds like your Jessica rotation was a hit. I'm still just doing whatever!

Linda, did you do TBM? Burr fried me pretty well last weekend!

Paine, I'm glad you and DH still get the company of your daughter's family for Thanksgiving.

Hope that Anny, cyana, Garrie, and Carolyn are all doing well!

I'm planning to do this free 30-minute Barre3 workout today:
https://blog.barre3.com/2019/11/27/f...iving-workout/

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-20, 10:48 AM  
sherry7899

This morning I did an hour NIA dance class. I am really enjoying them. I will make a major effort to do yoga later.

Sandra, I am also curious about which Margaret dvds you bought. That was a great sale! Enjoy them!

Beth, the only time I tried curry was when I tried to make a recipe with curry and tofu. It was the first (and last) time I tried cooking with either of them. It was horrible, and put me off both foods for life. My husband still teases me about it, and I think I made it in 1992! It was the only thing I ever cooked that we threw out. I adore cheese. I wish I didn't! I think I have read traditional Mexican cooking really uses WAY less cheese than the Americanized version of Mexican food.

I will be back later hopefully with a yoga practice. A sweet VF friend gifted me a month of streaming from Yoga Ranger's paid site. I am really excited to try it out.

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-20, 11:32 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Sherry, I'd probably like traditional Mexican better since I love beans and rice. In fact I'd probably enjoy traditional Indian food more too!

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-20, 12:22 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Good morning mat mavens!

Pat - I love your blog post! What a thoughtful reflection on life, family, loss, & the turmoil we’ve all been through this year. We had our Thanksgiving several weeks ago and it’s not as big an occasion up here as yours is. But it was still a little sad to be on our own for it. Turkey with all the trimmings is my favourite meal. Last year we had our dearest friends here from across the country, eight of us in the house. It was supposed to be a last gathering here at the house before we sold & moved into the city. We sure had no idea of how everyone’s lives would be turned upside down a few months later.

Beth - I actually like using the YTU balls along my spine, but for this hip thing they are a bit too much. I have a couple of lacrosse balls, but they are hollow & not so great. So....I have a lotta balls, lol!

Sherry & Beth - I love Indian food! DS1, DH, & I have a favourite Indian restaurant in the city that does a fabulous lunch buffet. We often meet him for lunch there. I often do curry in my IP, usually vegetarian. I like cheese, but I would also go for more traditional Mexican food. Honestly, I can’t say I’ve met an ethnic food I don’t like.
ETA DH and I have been getting our travel fix watching “Somebody Feed Phil” on Netflix, he really makes me smile....and he makes me hungry!

Sandra - Enjoy your new purchases!

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-20, 10:00 PM  
JustSandra

Hello!

Today's Workout: Jessica's rotation specified only the 15-minute Total Body Training from Walk Strong 3. This one is not a favorite (too many pulsing lunges and squats) and I confess I didn't finish the last couple of minutes. However, I did add on her 1 Mile of Motivation from the same DVD.

For Margaret I ordered Good N Strong, Give Me Strength, The Spark, Muscle & Grace, and Maggie. I've previously owned all of those except the last one.

Sorry about such short posts -- am still plagued with the 500 Error!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-20, 10:52 PM  
luvcritters
VF Supporter

I took a rest day today after spending too much time on the phone. My cousin's husband might have covid. He'll be tested on Saturday. He's a retired state policeman, still in great shape. Praying he's okay.

Beth - yes, I did TBM. I went easy and did Fat Free. An oldie but a goodie.

Sherry - yes, real Mexican food has very little or no cheese. When I could eat it I always ordered no cheese.

Trust no one. - X-Files, and me.

Comfort food only provides comfort while it's in your mouth. - Me
luvcritters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-20, 01:53 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Checking in with my workouts...
~6 km trail walk, so lovely & refreshing to be in the forest
~Essentrics barre class online
~Essentrics Release Relax class online
~Active release on hips & psoas - Those foam street hockey balls are my faves!

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-20, 08:02 AM  
luvcritters
VF Supporter

Good morning. Happy Thanksgiving. My will be here in a few hours.

Trust no one. - X-Files, and me.

Comfort food only provides comfort while it's in your mouth. - Me
luvcritters is offline   Reply With Quote