Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-24-20, 10:30 AM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey12 View Post
Oh Kittybug, Merlin is such a beauty! He’s so striking! Wow, just gorgeous. Does his fur require a lot of maintenance? Does he get more hair balls than your other cats? I’ve never had a long haired cat.
Awww, thank you Kim!! Funny story...my last sweet kitty who passed away before Merlin came into my life was a long-haired Himalayan Flame-Point. After he passed, I vowed when I was ready for my next cat, it would be an older short-haired calm female, perhaps one nobody else wanted.

Aaaaand then Merlin dropped into my lap, the exact opposite of everything I thought I was looking for....he was a boy, a baby kitten, an absolute terror, and the coat, oh, the long coat....yes, we use a lawnmower for his fur. Just kidding!

We have a Furminator that works pretty well, and yes, he does typically have more hairballs than the other kitties, but they all get them. Wet food really helps with that though!

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-20, 11:38 AM  
Mickey12

Yes, the Furminator is great. I have one too. Rudy loves to be brushed. Finley is too wiggly to let me brush him. I hope in time I can. He lets me clip his nails with no trouble, so I'm hoping the brushing will go smoothly too.
Old 11-24-20, 01:12 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

FN1 AKA Kittymax, oh I'm SERIOUSLY in love with Merlin! What a doll! Funny how cats come into our lives. Our youngest showed up at our deck door from who knows where, perfectly tame and lovable as anything, and clearly not an outdoor cat. And now he's not anymore as he stays inside with us. We had no plans to adopt another cat (we had 4 at the time) but he obviously had plans for us. Don't you just love Maine Coons? Their temperament is like no other cat. And yes, they are hairy, and at shedding time it's like Pigpen from Peanuts walking down the hall sometimes in a cloud of fur! We have a furminator, but not sure how Big Orange will like it so I haven't tried it on him yet. He has his own routine of post workout pets and brushing, which I've just gotten him used to doing. He gets brushed probably five times a week and it's so much easier when it's done more often. We've had to cut back on the soft food we give him as a treat because, well, **cough, cough** he has gotten a bit chunky as he had gained almost 2 pounds this year and the vet recommended it! That's tough, as he is so darn cute when he looks at you for treats.

Kim, we need to see a picture of Rudy!

bee, LOL on what might come up in a search for Filthy Farmgirl! I'm going to check out their products too. I have some strange relatives (truth be told we are a strange family ) so there may be some creative gift ideas!

Wine news! Poopshow (and 11 of it's friends since we ordered a variety to make a case) is scheduled for delivery tomorrow!! We won't crack it open for a bit, has to be a "special" occasion worthy of it. We may wait til New Year's Eve to say farewell to this Poopshow of a year and to look forward to a great 2021!

LOL I'm afraid I'll get the dreaded 500 message so I'll stop!

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-20, 01:28 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

I agree with FN2, AKA CatExtreme, we need Rudy pics, Kim!!!

Oye, can we talk about fat cats???? That's Lux, sigh. We tried to remedy that but it made him so miserable, and he's not the healthiest to begin with being prone to pneumonia and other issues from his very rough start in life. So we just decided fat and happy was better, and even the vet kind of agreed with that.

And YES on how cats come into our lives!!! I soon realized despite Merlin being the opposite of everything I thought I was looking for, he was absolutely PERFECT for what I needed. What's that Rolling Stones song?? He is just very sweet and wonderful and very laid back as a, ahem, super senior adult now!

Looking forward to Poopshow wine reports!!

Watulans, I waved at you today...had to get my workout in earlier than usual so I did Double Wave Pyramid this morning and that is now my favorite of that HIIT bunch!! Absolutely great workout without leaving me totally wiped but I was working! I just love everything about this one, how it's sequenced, where she put the horrible things like tuck jumps and air jacks to make them manageable, just all of it!

Report in if you do this one today, and stay fierce, my friends!!

Old 11-24-20, 01:37 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Hello again!

Yesterday I finished Pushupalooza AKA Meso 1 Week 4 Chest Shoulders and Biceps. Dare I say it? I actually found the pushups more doable in this one? Maybe it was because I knew it is the last one in this Meso? That said, this is a tough workout. I am noticing a difference in my strength from my previous go, and that pleases me since I'm 10 years older! I followed it with Patrick's Aerobic Dance Workout. So fun and time just flies by! I've grasped just about all the moves now after a few times doing it so I can add more intensity.

Today I'm doing Pyramid HiiT and something else that I haven't decided on yet. It depends on how I feel after doing Pyramid.

FN1 AKA kittymax, good news about the wall squats! Maybe we just needed to get ourselves positioned better and do some tweaks to make it more doable. Oh, and you are definitely Fiercely Nuts for even doing a PHA workout in the midst of STS! I would consider it during our "rest" week next week, but not on an STS off day, no way!

manley, hope you like Turn Up, Slim Down! I might do part of that today after Pyramid if I feel up to it. It's nice to be able to put together segments depending on time and mood! I have a couple of Tracie Longs in my cart on your rec waiting for the sale along with a Toby Massenburg. Funny but it seems like everyone has already started their Black Friday sales, so it feels like Mary's is late even though it isn't!

Nathalie, hope your error issue clears up. Mine disappeared after maybe a day, not from anything I did. Who knows. Maybe it was the universe telling me I "talk" too much!

Guys, maybe we should look at doing a Paul Katami 4 x 4 rotation together (more or less) after the new year since so many of us have it! Once FN1 and I have crushed STS, of course. What do you all think? Kate? horusosiris?

One more question! I posted this as a topic in GD but didn't get any responses. Do any of you have/use a cork mat? My mat is looking pretty seedy and I like the idea of cork, generally sustainable and less "stinky." I looked at Cathe's but honestly I think it's expensive even with the Black Friday discount when there's no free shipping and I think it's $15 to ship. I'm also not sure of the quality since it's a new product. Any input appreciated!

Waving to all!

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Old 11-24-20, 06:58 PM  
manleym

Kittybug love the new pic of Merlin! Also love reading everyone's cat stories. Cataddict we had a cat adopt us when I was in elementary school and I adored her! Agree that cat's often adopt us.

KB I did DWP today too! YAY us! Totally agree that this workout was over before I knew it! SO GLAD those tuck jumps were at the beginning (so I could get them OVER WITH) and didn't have to do them again until I was more warmed up. This isn't an easy workout, it makes you work, but it does fly and you're done before you know it. It's a great cardio workout. In fact the only one I had done out of the 3 until recently. I still think this will be the one I do the most.

Later this afternoon I did the 1st half of Christi's Still Steppin' and LOVED IT! It was fairly easy to learn, so I was happy about that. I'm going to do the 2nd half tomorrow along with a weight workout, then toward the end of the week do all of it. I think I'll have it down within 2-3 tries.

Cataddict, yay for you for being 10 years older and noticing being stronger this time around! Like you, I thought Mary's Black Friday Sale was starting late. Thought it would have started Monday, but technically Wednesday IS before Black Friday so it's not late. Just not as early as other places. I have a couple of Patrick's (TU,SD and HWC2) in my cart and am watching Christi's Cardio Core and Amy Dixon's Super Fit Bod. I did Amy's Give Me 10 More yesterday and just really like her. Just pattin' my foot waiting for Mary's sale to start tomorrow. I'll be interested to hear what all of you buy.

I would be up for a Katami 4x4 after the New Year. I was thinking the New Year would be a great time to start it. Of course you (FN2) and FN1 will think 4x4 is NOTHING because ya'll will be SO STRONG after finishing STS. You gals are FIERCE!

Can't wait to hear how "Poopshow" tastes. Hubby looked it up when I told him about it. I don't have any input on the cork mat, but did see your post. I have a Gxmmat that I ordered off of Amazon and it's held up pretty well. I like the idea of cork instead of rubber. Have you looked on Amazon? Agree that Cathe's accessories seem pricey, even with the discount. Let us know if you find a good one.

Has anyone bought anything from Cathe's sale? I haven't seen anything on her Daily Deals that I don't already have or want. Just trying to decide between a 6 month or year subscription to Live.

Hope everyone is doing well! Hugs and waves to all!
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-20, 07:31 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

cat: I'd love to do Katami's 4x4 but I don't have the set. I'm close to buying it. But I think that would be a blast. Maybe I'd better get it? ;-)

Are you ready for Thanksgiving? Spouse and I are not going anywhere and no kids, family or friends are coming over this year. MN having a huge covid spike and it is recommended to avoid any kinds of crowds, family or not. I'll still cook a small scale meal.

I know I haven't posted for a while but last week I finished ICE and did Cathe Live 309 Push Pull Total Body Heavy Weights. Actually ran through everything twice except warmup and cooldown.

My week so far:
Yesterday I did Cathe Live 303 Bootcamp Heavy Weights. I actually ran through this twice too but the 2nd time I skipped all the cardio and just did the weight work. Very fun and poor Cathe there all by herself trying to keep us motivated.

Today I needed a change of pace. I've been doing mostly Cathe workouts since late Feb with you guys and am starting to feel a little burnout. So I dug out Insanity Max Interval Circuit. I always though of Insanity as being the hardest workouts I own. Bob Harper is right up there too.
What fun though today! Sweaty and heart pounding but it felt SO GOOD! Cardio endorphins to the max!

So the rest of the week will be some Insanity and one more Cathe Live. Then in December we'll see. I still have plenty of Cathe's I haven't worked through yet. But really like the idea of a Katami 4x4 rotation with some of you.

Yoga all week has been through Gaia and more of David Magone's practices. He and Troy Hadeed are worth the subscription price.

Take care, stay well. You can be fierce even when no one is watching!

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-20, 01:18 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Quick post since I haven't "done" anything workout wise yet today! Yesterday I did Pyramid HiiT---FN1, glad you like it! I've said it before, but this one is my favorite Cathe HiiT. I had thought about doing Patrick's Turn Up Slim Down but decided it might be a bit much after the HiiT so pulled out Patrick's Quickstep instead. I figured since it was "only" 30 minutes including warm up and cool down I would do it on an 8 inch step. That made it much tougher than I think I was prepared for and I was ready to be done at the end! I've been doing step mostly on 6" to protect my knees and well, I'm not extremely tall and it's probably better for me, so I'd gotten used to that height. I really liked it, though, short and sweet and not overly complicated, although complicated for Patrick is a relative term for sure.

Kate, yes, please join us in a Katami 4 x 4 adventure! Meaning, YES, you need to get it! Mary has a good price on it now. It would also be a change away from Cathe for you (and for all of us)! I really like Paul's style. Not that I'm enabling or anything, since we all know that is the job of Manley the Enabler. We don't do anything special for Thanksgiving. We don't eat meat so even pre Covid we ate at home so as not to make anyone have to do anything special for us at the meal. So we eat a mushroom based "turkey" roll with the usual sides and a key lime pie for dessert.

manley, I think I am going with a couple of Tracie Long mobility workouts and the Toby Massenburg one that FN1 was mentioning, although Toby might well kill me. I looked at Patrick's Extreme Cardio Conditioning and Lean Hot Body and see Toby on there. I remember him from the workouts too, vaguely since I was focused on making it through those tough, tough workouts. Do you have Patrick's Quickstep? I'm not sure if Mary has it but it's a nice, fun, short 30 minute workout that packs a lot into a short time. Oh, and I like Amy's Superfit Bod too, so you are making some good choices at Mary's! And I'm not getting anything at Cathe's sale I don't think. I have just set up a Roku in anticipation of subscribing to Live, although I may put it off until after STS since there isn't an additional discount for Black Friday. Even without an additional discount, I think the price is very reasonable.

FN1, we aren't limiting food for Big Orange, just cutting back on treats. I'm sure we were giving him far too many because he was working us since he is just so adorable and lovably cute. We have a pet scale, so we're going to weigh him next week to see if there has been any progress. ITA about letting Lux be happy and chunky. Our youngest that was outside initially ate quite a bit when he came in and he's pretty chubby but also active so we are watching but not going to interfere too much. We never know how long they will be with us, and we want them to be happy and comfortable and enjoy whatever time they and we have together.

The Poopshow wine is out for delivery!

Waving to all! This was supposed to be quick! Hah!

Old 11-25-20, 01:34 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Oh my, KateTT and Cataddict, I was thinking after this STS adventure, I too NEED to explore some other instructors and workouts for a while!!! I already splurged too much at Mary's sale, y'all, because I happened to notice when it listed a bit early last night, but I got new-to-me instructors like Patrick, Amy Dixon, a couple of Bob Harper's (nods to KateTT for that suggestion!), and I'm honestly quite excited for something new! Then of course there's that whole Katami set I haven't even tried yet, plus I have virgins sitting there of other stuff I've gotten at other sales and haven't even unwrapped. It's embarrassing!

We were invited to spend Tday with some nearby friends but politely declined this year in favor of staying home, sigh. Husband's been busy in the kitchen already today and I plan to be later in prep for our goodies.

Today is going to be week 4 of Meso 1, Chest, Shoulders, and Biceps, or more pushupalooza...I'm again pep-talking myself and reminding myself next week is a recovery week, hah! Then tomorrow I'm thinking of pulling out Cathe's Intensity in preparation for eating way too much. But we'll see...it depends.

Happy almost Thanksgiving! I'm so thankful for all of you and for this forum, that much I do know! Stay fierce, my Watulan friends!!

Old 11-25-20, 02:49 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Hey All! It's (Double) Wave at Watulans Wednesday. I haven't done DWP in a long time, but I also really enjoyed it. I think I used to do that one because of the no step factor. It's nice not to have to pull out any equipment. I definitely modified today and found it doable, but definitely challenging, and again, it seemed so brief. I sort of now see why some people combine some of those hiits. I used to think they were crazy. I followed by a Vytas Short & Sweet that was a great combo of moving and stretching but unfortunately I kept getting interrupted with some business that had to be taken care of. So that's an odd thing -- stopping yoga and starting it again. I almost gave up after the last interruption but decided I should finish.

Oh that Merlin! What a beauty! I also love the stories you guys share of your cats/pets. I just found out this morning that our local vet is selling the business. His house burned in the fire this year, so maybe they are forced to move out of the area. I'm not sure, but it makes me sad to think about them not being part of the area anymore. We didn't always use them, but they definitely helped us with many of our pets over the years. And Dylan's first job was there, too!

Yesterday I woke up with such a sore hip again. I found myself realizing that yoga would do me more good than Cathe, so I found Rudy's Hip Hip Hooray. Wow, in ten minutes I felt a good deal better. Loved that whole hour.

I don't think I'm buying anymore dvds at this point.... I don't think there's anything I want and I did buy the year of Udaya so maybe that's enough. But I may take a look later.....

We are having a pretty traditional Thanksgiving but for us it's like it will always be -- just the immediate family. I found a recipe for a brussels sprouts salad that sounds really good -- that's what I'm most excited about. Oh, we have a working oven! I may bake cookies today, just because I can!

Ok, I'd better sign off before I get the dreaded error. Happy Thanksgiving Eve, all. I'm sure I'll probably be on tomorrow to wish you a Happy Thanksgiving.

Tags
analysis paralysis, cathe, cathe rotation, cathe rotation checkin, cathe rotations, too many choices, too many options, variety, watulan check-in