Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 11-22-20, 03:35 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Beth, did you like that movie?
Wear layers on your Hikyoga so you'll be warm.
We've been watching the new season of The Crown. I hate the way Charles treated Diana.
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-20, 03:56 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Paine I don't even know whether to say I "liked" the movie, it was so strange! It was engrossing...but it was also dark, and I don't generally enjoy dark comedies. I will definitely be dressing in layers on Friday!!!

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-20, 07:24 PM  
JustSandra

Hi!

Today's Workout: The Total Body routine from Jessica Smith's Walk Strong 3 set. I'm sure I've done this one before but didn't remember it.

Also got in a one-hour outside walk.

Sherry: What a neat story about all the Borders coupons!

Take care everyone!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-20, 10:21 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Hello mat mavens!

I’ve been feeling a little blah this weekend, fighting off the Covid blues I guess. But this too shall pass!

Yesterday’s workouts:
~Jessica’s 360 Abs - inspired by Sandra
~short outdoor walk at the beach with DS1 & family
~hip & leg stretches & gentle twists

Nov 22:
~Neighbourhood walk
~ETV: Miranda’s Boost Your Energy
~BellyFit Alchemista: Own Your Throne - This was a BellyFit flow, mostly standing with & very nice with a few slow sun sals & a standing yoga flow.

Paine - We are watching The Crown too & I agree that Prince Charles was a jerk.

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-20, 09:10 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning! Yesterday I had a more serious workout featuring:

~ 10 minutes recumbent bike
~ cable stack PT
~ 50 box climbs
~ weight machines for all the parts
~ stretched out on Petrone balls and inverted

I tried a recipe for Pumpkin Lentil Stew in the Instant Pot from the Stop & Shop Savory magazine. It needs a lot more seasoning than specified, IMO, but it's a nice fall dahl type dish. I doctored it up with a lot of coconut aminos - usually a dahl comes together overnight in the fridge. I'm looking for more high protein vegan dishes for the IP like this because I haven't been feeling omnivorous and I need something for when DH is eating meat.

It's Moan Day and I've got to jump through my work hoops - everyone have a wonderful day!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-20, 11:02 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Raising the Bar (Upper Body work plus calves)
YouTube: Yoga With Bird: BEST Morning Yoga Stretches In Bed (10 Minute Yoga Full Body Stretch)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ObNy...l=YogaWithBird

After Margaret, I really enjoyed Yoga With Bird's morning stretch because it felt so good! Sherry, thank you for telling me about Yoga With Bird.

Pat, I love lentils but I don't cook them as often as I used to because our 5 year old grandson is allergic to them. He likes eating the food I eat so I usually cook things I know he can eat.
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-20, 03:12 PM  
sherry7899

Paine, I am glad you are enjoying Yoga with Bird.

Sandra, that was really lucky we received those coupons. We were able to use them all up before the chain sadly went under.

Pat, I like the vegan quinoa burrito bowls from the Detoxnista site. It is made in the Instant Pot. I admit I use chicken broth instead of water to add flavor. It is a very easy and filling recipe.

This morning I did:

-a one hour NIA dance class
-Bulldog Yoga hips/hamstrings. I received a gift to the streaming site. They use real music, which I love. After months of doing mainly yin yoga, doing anything with flow was definitely harder for me! I did enjoy it, though.

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-20, 09:08 PM  
luvcritters
VF Supporter

The shoulder pain is going into my neck and the wrist pain never stops but it's
only a week until surgery. I can handle it. My leg still hurts but its slowly getting better. I've been doing what I can for upper body on my own so I can go at a speed safe for me. I did some Barre seat and thigh on my own along with squats and static lunges, and some PT exercises for my low back.

Carolyn - the way the walker slides across the floor, using it as a barre could be very interesting. And dangerous. Meow was on my lap today watching kittens on YouTube and IG so I showed her a pic of Moxie.

cyana - I used to love Brussels sprouts but with this horrible disease all veggies are "eat at your own risk." When I walk down for mail I always wonder what I'll do if a bear, mountain lion, fox or coyote comes out of the woods. Probably pee my pants for starters. Bungy cords across the trash can lids slowed the bear for awhile. Now he gets the lid off and trash out of the can without removing the bungy cord.

Sherry - I had to bring my vitamin D up from almost none. It won't take long to bring it up if you take the pill.

I won't know what I'm doing for Thanksgiving until tomorrow morning or Wednesday.
I know what I'm doing, not much, but will I have company or be alone? The man is supposed to be here but he might have to work. People at his facility have to help other facilities that are short of workers because of covid. Praying they all stay safe. If they take away his vacation next week I'll be on my own after surgery. Somehow I'll manage. I always do.

Trust no one. - X-Files, and me.

Comfort food only provides comfort while it's in your mouth. - Me
luvcritters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-20, 09:22 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Linda hang in there! I hope you get company for Thanksgiving.

Sherry, I don't do a lot of flow, but I used to take some live classes with teachers I liked who did a bit of flow, and now I'm doing almost nothing. It's always tough for me to go back to also!

Waves to others - I'm having a bit of an off day with no workout (poor sleep, migraine). Glad to get a break this week with Wed - Fri off work!

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-20, 09:27 AM  
sherry7899

Beth, I hope you feel better soon

Linda, thanks! I have to remember to take them! I'm awful about taking vitamins.

Pam, how long are Alice's Zoom classes? I'm hoping for about 45 minutes? I may spring for the twelve Bellyfit classes. I got a Visa gift card for $80 for a rebate from ordering contact lenses, so it would not cost me anything. I'll skip the Bellyflow since I own a ridiculous amount of yoga and use you tube so much for yoga.

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote