Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-01-20, 06:11 PM  
difit

November New Release's

Here are a few new release's for November. Happy reading!!

3rd
Fortune and Glory (Stephanie Plum, book 27) - Janet Evanovich
A Christmas Resolution (Christmas, book 18) - Anne Perry
I Wish It Could Be Christmas Every Day - Milly Johnson
A Woman's Courage (Home Fires, book 3) - Simon Block (kindle)
The Blended Quilt - Wanda E. Brunstetter
The Escape (US Marshals, book 1) - Lisa Harris
A Spelling Mistake (Vampire Book Club, book 3) - Nancy Warren (kindle)

10th
Without a Brew (Sloan Krause, book 4) - Ellie Alexander
The Ickabog - J K Rowling (children's fiction)
Head Wounds (Kevin Kerney, book 14) - Michael McGarrity
The Law of Innocence (Lincoln Lawyer, book 6) - Michael Connelly
Spellbreaker (Spell, book 1) - Charlie N Holmberg
From These Broken Streets - Roland Merullo
This Time Next Year We'll Be Laughing - Jacqueline Winspear (memoir)

17th
Rhythm of War (Stormlight Archive, book 4) - Brandon Sanderson
All That Glitters - Danielle Steel
Daylight (Atlee Pine, Book 3) - David Baldacci
Cupcakes & Crumbs (Berry Lake Cupcake Posse, book 1) - Melissa McClone
The Flip Side - James Baily

24th
The Awaking (Dragon Heart Legacy, book 1) - Nora Roberts
How to Frame a Fashionista (Resale Boutique mystery, book 3) - Debra Sennefeldeer (kindle)
difit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-20, 06:12 PM  
Carol K

I'm looking forward to reading A Woman's Courage, but I'll probably wait until the paperback comes out in the Spring.
Old 11-02-20, 07:40 AM  
sheepla
VF Supporter

Thanks for the November list. I'm on a Brandon Sanderson reading trip right now so happy to see a new release coming out.
Old 11-18-20, 07:56 PM  
Pam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol K View Post
I finished The Twisted Sword, 11th book of the Poldark series. I think it's my favorite so far and I wish they would do a TV adaptation of the last 5 books, as I've said before. Unfortunately, the Chicago library system only has a single copy of the 12th book, Bella Poldark, and someone put it on hold right before I did. I'm going to read Bring Up the Bodies by Hilary Mantel next.
The 11th book of the Poldark series was my favorite, too. I recently finished the the 12th & final book of the series. I plan to read more of Winston Graham’s books.

Also recently read Stolen Lives by Maliki Ougkir. A true story of a family imprisoned in very poor conditions for 20 years in Morocco, after their father/husband attempted to kill the country leader. The father/husband was executed.

Finished today The Homecoming of Samuel Lake by Jenny Wingfield. A page turner, but hard to read the parts of the abusive man to kids, wife and animals.
Old 11-18-20, 08:13 PM  
Carol K

The person who checked out Bella Poldark, the last book of the Poldark series, never returned it. It was due Nov. 3, but our library system no longer fines. I finished Bring Up the Bodies (very good) and now I'm reading Redhead by the Side of the Road by Anne Tyler. She's one of my two favorite contemporary writers (the other is Alice Hoffman).
Old 11-18-20, 08:26 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

I finished The Return of the Thief. It was a bit more confusing than previous books, but was still good. Now I'm reading A Piece of the World by Christina Baker Kline and Mrs. Lincoln's Sisters by Jennifer Chiaverinni. I've just started both of them so I'm not sure what I think yet, but I'm still reading.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-20, 08:59 PM  
Erica H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura S. View Post
Now I'm reading A Piece of the World by Christina Baker Kline
I loved this book. Hope you enjoy it, too!

I'm reading A Place for Us by Fatima Farheen Mirza and like it so far.

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-20, 11:31 PM  
Pam

Recently finished Code Talkers by Chester Ned. Great book about a secret code used in World War II, based on the Navajo language, which never cracked by the Japanese.

Finished tonight The Exiles by Christina Baker Kline. Also a great book, which I first heard of here on this thread. Learned about a part of history that was I was unfamiliar with.

Currently reading: The Way of Effortless Mindfulness, by Loch Kelly. It is a different technique of meditation. I plan to use in future both the technique taught in this and the meditation more common here in the Western World, as I find I benefit from both in different ways.
Old 11-29-20, 07:59 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Pam - I'm glad you enjoyed The Exiles. I thought the same thing about the history I had never heard. I had no idea they sent women convicts.

In the past couple of weeks, I tried library books that I ended up not finishing because they just didn't hold my interest or they didn't ring true. Those included:

Christmas at the Island Hotel - Jenny Colgan
Happiness for Beginners - Katherine Center
Mrs. Lincoln's Sisters - Jennifer Chiaverinni

Now I'm reading two books I'm enjoying a lot. Where the Crawdads Sing by Delia Owens is the kind of book I just sink into and enter the chief character's world. The Falcon of Sparta by Conn Iggulden is a historical of novel about Cyrus of Persia's effort to win the Persian throne with Greek soldiers. I hadn't read this author in years and had forgotten how good his books are.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-20, 09:50 AM  
Carol K

I finished Redhead by the Side of the Road and now I'm reading A Suitable Boy, the longest novel written in the English language, 1500 pages. Someone on Goodreads compared it to a Charles Dickens novel with a gazillion characters. It is, but I love Charles Dickens and I'm really enjoying this novel as well. It has four family trees in the front.

Tags
audiobooks, books, fall reading, kindle, reading