Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-17-20, 10:35 PM  
fanofladyvols

Hey pilates friends,

I have done both Day #1 and Day #2 today of Jessica's challenge and both felt good and basic. I could do without the dumb ad that popped up in the middle.

Carol hang in there for Thanksgiving! Some time to relax is in sight!!

Donna I'm sorry your shoes caused your pain but am glad to hear that you have found the culprit.

Sending safe hugs to Dana, Brenda, Christine and Cheri!!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-20, 06:59 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post
Hey pilates friends,

I have done both Day #1 and Day #2 today of Jessica's challenge and both felt good and basic. I could do without the dumb ad that popped up in the middle.
That is so weird Linda! I didn't get any ads and I don't have YouTube's premium features.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-20, 08:29 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Today, so far, has been:

Ellen - Sweet 15 - 15 moves in 15 minutes
Jessica Valent - Stronger Core (20 min)

Yesterday DD and I took a short walk in the chilly, windy weather and in the evening I did Jessica's 10 Min Pilates - I enjoyed the back exercises she did.

Carol - LOL, I know, Jessica's 10 min workouts have been on the gentler side. I find her other stuff to be generally do-able w/ modifications. Was the remote learning planned or did that come up b/c of case counts rising?

Linda - I didn't get an ad either! The mysteries of You Tube.

I may walk later - short walk and I may get Jessica's routine in later, too.

Hope everyone has a good day.

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-20, 09:22 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Stopping by to say hi. I'm in a major slump and don't feel like doing much. I have plenty of time to exercise but choose not too. I rarely feel that way but now, I just don't care. Ugh. I expect this too shall pass. Waves to all.
Old 11-18-20, 09:38 AM  
fanofladyvols

Dana I'm glad you stopped by. I hope you figure out what's dragging you down. Sending you tons of shake your tail feather vibes!! Hugs!!

Donna and Carol You didn't get an ad? That's no fair!! The ads popped up in Day #2 when I had the opposite leg and arm raised on the floor. Very awkward.

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
Old 11-18-20, 09:04 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Today's workouts were

Suzanne Bowen Fitness - Intermediate Upper Body & Core - 18 minutes;
Jessica Valant - 10 Minute Pilates Challenge #3 (Legs & Hips)

I always find Suzanne's upper body stuff to be challenging, but this one wasn't too tough. I thought Jessica's Legs & Hips video was the toughest so far (but it's still not very tough).

Linda - My video (Day 2) stopped at that exact same spot where you had the ad, but mine reset to the beginning - so I bet it was supposed to be an ad.

Donna - Our remote learning arose because of staff absences - most due to CoVid or CoVid quarantine, but a couple were just family issues. It was to the point of having almost 20% teaching staff absences and we just didn't have enough bodies to fill the spots. We did stay open for on campus learning basically for children of essential workers, but we only had about 40 kids on campus, so that was manageable. Teachers taught remote students from their classrooms and interacted with their regular on campus students as well. It wasn't a completely regular school day, but I think it went well and the parents who needed child care so they could work appreciated that we could accommodate them.

Dana - I'm sorry you've got the blahs! You'll get back in the swing of things soon I bet.

Here's my Christmas present I think: https://doorbarrefitness.com/

Carol
Old 11-19-20, 02:06 AM  
fanofladyvols

Carol your present looks like fun!! I also loved the accessories. I'm sure I could think of tons of workouts to use it with.

Donna hope your daughter is feeling better about things.

Wednesday was Jessica Valant 10 day challenge D#3 legs & hips; and Caribbean pilates. I agree with Carol that this 10 men packed more punch. I noticed these workouts be don't have any background music. I'm wondering if most of her workouts don't have any background music?
Caribbean pilates was on a set called "Beach Pilates" that I received from a sweet VFer. It was fun and not too hard. I felt like I was watching a YouTube video because the presentation was so unrehearsed and impromptu. I did feel a little like Jerry Maguire at times wanting to shout saying, "Show ..me.. the pilates!" The camera angles were odd but eventually I figured it out. These workouts are perfect for me for lower intensity days.

Old 11-19-20, 08:36 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Today was:

Leslie - 2 Miles (from You Tube). My foot handled it just fine - which is good, I need my cardio for mood boosting and also steps since I sit all day.

Jessica Valent Pilates - Scoliosis Routine (15 min) from her Unlimited Program, although I think it is also on You Tube.

Last night after work I did a 15 min barre program from Trifecta Pilates and Jessica Valent's Day # 3 - I did get an ad in this one - but it was at the very end.

Linda - Jessica's Unlimited Workouts do not have music. My DD seems to be a bit better, I think she got overwhelmed the other day - which doesn't happen often...but I think college application stress caught up to her. She has received three acceptances so far - all w/ scholarships - so I'm happy about that. But, they are from schools she was not overly excited about attending...but I think there are some good aspects to them that she shouldn't overlook - like small classes, etc. But we shall see....

Carol - that dose look like a cool toy! I'm glad that your school was able to work something out in a 'hybrid' model to allow kids to come on campus if needed.

Dana - I'm sorry you are in a slump. Happens to the best of us and this year has been beyond challenging for so many of us - pandemic or no pandemic.

Speaking of which - has anyone heard from Cheri, Christine or Brenda???

Hope everyone has a good day.

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-20, 08:24 PM  
fanofladyvols

Donna recently saw Cheri was posting on instagram so I think she's well. Thanks for letting me know about the lack of music in Jessica's workouts.

Today was Jessica Valant 10 day challenge 10 min core workout, then XFST#2 plus Ruthless Wicked lower body.

Jessica's workouts seem to be increasing in intensity but still liking the challenge so far.

Hope you are all feeling that Friday feeling soon!

Old 11-20-20, 07:15 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Yesterday was my planned rest day for the week. Now that my Thursday evening class is over - last night was our last meeting - I probably won't take that rest day as long as I'm doing Suzanne's rotation. Her workouts on this rotation are mostly target workouts so she does a good job of bouncing between upper and lower body workouts and the rest is built in with at least 1 stretching day a week.

I have to go in this morning and do the end of the month payroll for my hourly people, but other than that, I'm on Thanksgiving break. Several schools in our area have already announced that they are going remote after the break, but we are planning on being in person. I suspect it will be challenging with the expected faculty absences, but hopefully we can do it. We had a lot of pushback from parents because we went remote for a couple of days this week due to faculty absences (even though we offered on site learning for those who wanted to take us up on it). Sometimes I think people just want to complain.

Today will be catchup day on Jessica's Challenge and Suzanne's rotation.

Donna and Linda - I see Cheri posting on Instagram as well - mostly reading related stuff - but she appears to be doing well.

Happy Friday!

Carol