Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 11-10-20, 07:23 PM  
T2B

tangerine - sorry that you’ve been sick. Sending healing vibes. I hope you get better soon. And sorry about your husband’s job. Companies can be awful when it comes to things like that. I hope he at least got a great severance package and I hope that he finds a job soon.

joy, love
peace and patience
kindness with goodness
faithfulness & gentleness
self-control
- Motivational Sticker

Now: XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating (Generic) 7/22/22 - 10/24/22
Peak Fit System: 6/3/22 - 7/21/22 *** STS/LIS 90 Day Undulating: 11/19/21 - 2/12/22 *** 6 Week Fusion XTRAIN: 5/17/21 - 6/27/21 *** Body Beast: 12/21/20 - 3/18/21 *** STS: 1/29/20 - 5/3/20 *** Fit Tower/LIS/ICE/ 90 Day: 10/29/19 - 1/19/20 *** XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating: 7/29/19 - 10/25/19
T2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-20, 07:43 PM  
CharM

AMD - I loved your 11-7 and 11-8 entries. But at least you got to have some fun with the new blower. I may have already shared this but I'll do it again. One windy day I was watching our leaves fall in the front yard and then just as quickly get caught up in the wind. There were sooooooo many on the street and driveway. I know it was bad for the neighbors, but to me it was the best thing because it meant I wouldn't have to rake. I literally laughed like a villain. Then I went to the kitchen to get some water and wouldn't you know? Tons of leaves had blown into our back yard from the neighbor's back yard tree. It wasn't so funny anymore.

Beth - Thank you, and if you don't mind that I ask, which KB workouts are you thinking of doing?

Tammie - Thank you. It looks like the car's fine, although I don't think I would have minded minor damage in exchange for getting to see a bear.

T2B - My SIL sometimes gets angry with people but can't let them know so she complains to us. It's not often, but yes, she's seen it all.

tangerine I'm sorry to hear you've had a rough time this month. I hope your husband will find a job soon and that you'll be back to healthy in no time.

Take care, all!
CharM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-20, 07:01 AM  
Cher

Tangerine, I’m so sorry to hear about your DH’s job. Pretty crappy to tell them like that. I hope he finds something else quickly. I hope you start feeling better soon too. Sending well wishes your way.

AnMrsDe, I really like that short yin practice from F&B.
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-20, 09:20 AM  
donnamp

Tangerine - I'm sorry about your DH's job situation - that is stressful. And really "classy" to tell them that way.

CabC - I admit, pre-pandemic if I was a little sick - like cold sick, not flu sick, I would still go into the office - I would try to stay away from people, but I think in the post-COVID world that "hero" behavior will hopefully be frowned upon the workplace. I definitely will not be doing that in the future...

Waves

Donna
donnamp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-20, 10:09 AM  
amg

Tangerine - Take care of yourself and hope you are well soon! Positive vibes that your DH finds a new job quickly.

CabCalloway - Since I googled your Precor AMT machine, my FB feed is constantly popping up nice Precor machines to tempt me with. LOL - at least I am happy with the equipment I have so no temptation here to purchase.

AMD - I loved Travis' class on YT with so many balance challenges. My right ankle was sore last night so I need to work on balance on that leg more often. A few of his phrases reminded me of Bryan Kest so now I am tempted to sign up for Kest's online service again.
Old 11-11-20, 10:41 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Tangerine - sending hugs. I hope you feel better soon and I wish DH the best of luck with finding a new job.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-20, 06:50 PM  
AnMrsDe

Cher, how's the puppy doing? Great job sending your DS over in the middle of the night so you didn't have to! That was scary - poor little thing.

LOL, CharM, re: your leaves story! It was like a whirlwind last night when a storm blew by and all the leaves that were neatly put at the curb were strewn alllll over the street by morning! :/ So much for all my hard work yesterday!!

amg, glad you enjoyed Travis' class! You probably already know this, but Travis trained under Bryan. I really never did many of Bryan's classes but a lot of ppl see the resemblances in their practices. I LOVE the balance/vinyasa challenges of Travis and other instructors that have great cueing...it really keeps my alignment and form in tact! Another great one for that is Vytas..I should dust off his dvd's!!! //Hope your ankle improves soon!
AnMrsDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-20, 08:24 AM  
CabCalloway

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnamp View Post
Tangerine - I'm sorry about your DH's job situation - that is stressful. And really "classy" to tell them that way.

CabC - I admit, pre-pandemic if I was a little sick - like cold sick, not flu sick, I would still go into the office - I would try to stay away from people, but I think in the post-COVID world that "hero" behavior will hopefully be frowned upon the workplace. I definitely will not be doing that in the future...

Waves

Donna
Donna, I think most people, myself included, would go in with a sniffle/mild cold, pre-pandemic. Nowadays, my company has a symptoms list and if you match you are mandated to "stay home" and get yourself tested. People unlucky enough to have been in close contact with you get sent home, pending test outcomes. They are nice enough to provide a charge number for your timecard, so you don't have to burn through vacation hours (we do not get sick time). I got the day off because the aforementioned knucklehead tainted both our lab and secure area by visiting both places throughout the day and not telling anyone he felt ill. Unfortunately, I had left a little bit early before his illness was noticed and emails were sent out and people evacuated. So when I came in Tuesday I found my secure area and lab locked up, awaiting decontamination. Granted, it's only 20 minutes away, but had I known I would have slept in, rather than have gotten up at 5:15.

AMT today as the miserable rain prevents bicycling. Dog walk was brief for the same reason.

Waves to all.
-CabC

I should clarify: I hadn't been in close contact so I wasn't "sent" home. This is why I'm in today and those 3 people are awaiting test outcomes.
CabCalloway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-20, 08:40 PM  
ealakey
VF Supporter

I'm still grateful to be working remotely from home; we may continue this into 2021. This week I've been working long hours and hope to finish P30 lower tomorrow.

CharM, I have a subscription for Lauren's Playground. I've used it off and on in the past, but am really sticking with it and enjoying now! I lost about 7 pounds when I started back with kb. I can't lift very heavy with some of the exercises though, so it's nice to pull in Cathe and dumbbells too. I like the length of P30.

Beth
ealakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-20, 08:37 AM  
donnamp

Beth - I'm also glad to be working from home - we have been home since March. I don't know how I'm going to manage going back to the routine of going in regularly...........
donnamp is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
just the workouts