Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-05-20, 09:08 PM  
rykram

I’m a lurker. I don’t post much, but I do visit here at least once a day. This is one of the few websites I visit daily. I would hate for it to go away.
rykram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-20, 06:08 AM  
BunnyHop

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post
^^^This

I truly wish Wendy would share with us the difficulties she's facing in maintaining this forum and roadblocks to removing glitches, adding moderators and allowing new registered users to post.

We just need to understand and we can't without her input.
I've been a member in some other forums where the person who owned/ran the thing was never very active, and I've always thought that if they were more active in the forum, they might reap the same benefits from it that I did, and minimize the chance of burnout coping with the forum.

I hope that all is well with Wendy, and that she's not absent because of something awful in her ordinary life.

I've also been a member in a forum whose owner abruptly shut the thing down because the effort involved in just keeping the software functioning was entirely too much. Over the years, the thing they'd cobbled together just couldn't keep going and they elected to just end it altogether. I do hope that's not what ultimately happens here.
Old 11-06-20, 06:57 AM  
Rhonda

I am one who doesn't post a lot but VF is the first place I go to in the mornings. Monday-Friday, I don't visit on weekends but I love this forum.

If Wendy doesn't want to be involved anymore, I am sure there would be others that would be very willing to keep it up. I have no clue about this stuff so I can't volunteer.

I do hope all is well with Wendy.
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-20, 07:23 AM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

I apologize to Wendy because it's not my place to post this but ...

Just so everyone knows, no, things are not going well in her ordinary life. She has not just lost interest in VF. I believe at this point all of this discussion is just adding to issues that are making her life extremely difficult, although she might not even be reading this thread in an effort to avoid added stress.

I know it's easy to say "Well, just let someone else help" and I also wish she would/could but, as I said previously, taking the time to do that just isn't an easy thing either.

I know it's been quite a long time, and I'm sure Wendy still loves VF, but trust me that we just need to be patient. Her life will even out again eventually. Hang in there, Wendy.
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-20, 07:39 AM  
sherry7899

Thank you, Joni. Please relay to Wendy that I am so sorry she is going through such a difficult time. I hope things begin to get better very soon. I did message the same to her on Facebook weeks ago.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-20, 08:51 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Thank you Joni. Sending my best to Wendy.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-20, 08:54 AM  
BunnyHop

Thank you Joni!
Old 11-06-20, 10:37 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Joni, you are Wendy's good and true friend.

However, to infer that I don't wish Wendy well or that we are trying to torture her is kind of insulting.

Quote:
Has VF become Abandonware?
For a long time now and for the foreseeable future. Deal with it.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-20, 11:17 AM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post
Joni, you are Wendy's good and true friend.

However, to infer that I don't wish Wendy well or that we are trying to torture her is kind of insulting.

For a long time now and for the foreseeable future. Deal with it.
Oh, Alta. I hope you don’t think I was I inferring anything negative toward you or anyone here. I’m sorry if it appeared that way.
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-20, 11:28 AM  
muggle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joni O View Post

Just so everyone knows, no, things are not going well in her ordinary life. She has not just lost interest in VF. I believe at this point all of this discussion is just adding to issues that are making her life extremely difficult, although she might not even be reading this thread in an effort to avoid added stress.

I know it's easy to say "Well, just let someone else help" and I also wish she would/could but, as I said previously, taking the time to do that just isn't an easy thing either.

I know it's been quite a long time, and I'm sure Wendy still loves VF, but trust me that we just need to be patient. Her life will even out again eventually. Hang in there, Wendy.
Where did this info come from? Someone who knows Wendy personally?
muggle is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
abandonware, forum issues, glitches, internal server error, search malfunction, vf future, vf roost, vf site issues