Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-11-20, 04:23 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

I did a new to me Linda Woolridge download that I got last month during her sale-Double Burn Barre. I liked it but I couldn't do the lower body part on my toes because of my foot so it wasn't quite as challenging as it could be. Still a decent standing lower body workout for me. The upper body section was a bit awkward - the move using the ball on the chair was harder to do on one side than the other. Harder in terms of getting in the right position not in terms of difficulty.
The abs section was perfect for me. Challenging but do-able. I find alot of her ab work much too difficult for me.
I liked that this was a total body workout and was only 45 minutes. This one is a keeper!
lreidgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-20, 02:53 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

I did another Linda Woolridge download I recently purchased: Tighten It Abs and Inner Thighs.
I really liked this one. Like the Double Burn Barre I mentioned above, the abs section was challenging but do-able for me.
I was going to do some of the new to me workouts in her Double Burn or Tighten It series but all the ones I previewed involved too much equipment or weight on the toes and/or balls of the feet (lunges, push ups ) which is off limits to me now.
So I did an Grace and Strength Outer Thighs which I had done once but about a year ago.
Old 10-19-20, 04:56 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

Another Linda Woolridge Download-Triple Burn Weights. Purchased this last year and finally did it. I have the whole series and this is only the second one I have done. Pretty good. Total body and only 45 minutes.
Old 10-19-20, 05:42 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lreidgreen View Post
Another Linda Woolridge Download-Triple Burn Weights. Purchased this last year and finally did it. I have the whole series and this is only the second one I have done. Pretty good. Total body and only 45 minutes.
Leslie, you are on a huge roll! this past week, i did the following "new to me" workouts:

^Joyce Vedral The Bathing Suit Workout
Shaun T: T25 Alpha Cardio
Cain Carroll: Pain-Free Joints
*Margaret Richard: Fight Age with Strength
*Kili Kilihune: Hula Workout for Beginners

*posted reviews in the reviews section

^review forthcoming soon

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-20, 06:07 AM  
seagreen01
VF Supporter

I have done a few more new to me workouts.

Prevention Dance It Off with Jen Galardi.

Denise Austin Burn Fat Cardio Blast, I was surprised that I was enjoying this way more than the Prevention with Jen Galardi

Jessica Smith Barre Fitness

Cathe Low Impact Circuit

Cathe Drill Max

Circuit Burnout 90 Monique STPierre I liked this set but it was wrist intensive for me.
seagreen01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-20, 06:53 AM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
Originally Posted by seagreen01 View Post

I purged that one..I don't know if I have just done so many of her workouts or what but it seemed like she was just going through the motions to me.

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-20, 11:57 AM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by seagreen01 View Post
I have done a few more new to me workouts.

Denise Austin Burn Fat Cardio Blast, I was surprised that I was enjoying this way more than the Prevention with Jen Galardi
Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post
I purged that one..I don't know if I have just done so many of her workouts or what but it seemed like she was just going through the motions to me.
i had collected almost all of Jenn's and Denise's workouts, and of the Jenn's i owned, i agree with you on its low appeal.

However, i too was surprised how much i liked Denise's later workouts. I like how Denise uses a different venue for her workouts. She also hired Lisa Wheeler to do all of her choreography. Denise will always be Denise - her mannerisms will be the same, but her workouts were pretty good.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
Old 10-20-20, 03:58 PM  
seagreen01
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
i had collected almost all of Jenn's and Denise's workouts, and of the Jenn's i owned, i agree with you on its low appeal.

However, i too was surprised how much i liked Denise's later workouts. I like how Denise uses a different venue for her workouts. She also hired Lisa Wheeler to do all of her choreography. Denise will always be Denise - her mannerisms will be the same, but her workouts were pretty good.
Yes, Denise will be Denise. She started with her ‘you can do it!’ and I thought no, I probably can’t if you keep tripping me up....but somehow as it went on I forgot that and it became easy with fun choreography.

I have often wondered if Denise could actually cue better if she concentrated on cueing instead of the many motivational comments and not listening to the beat of the music. Denise seems to forget what she is doing when she is in motivation mode. Anyway, so many people like her ways and that’s great.
Old 10-20-20, 09:26 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

that's a great point - focus on cueing. about the beat - i wondered too whether the music is added during or after the actual filming? inquiring VFers would be interested in that. it might explain many things.

Old 10-20-20, 10:03 PM  
seagreen01
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
that's a great point - focus on cueing. about the beat - i wondered too whether the music is added during or after the actual filming? inquiring VFers would be interested in that. it might explain many things.
I never thought of it from that angle before, good point.

Tags
shrinkwrap, tsha jacobson, virgin workouts, virgins