Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-23-20, 12:24 AM  
seagreen01
VF Supporter

Linda that stretch sounds really good!

I have dropped the ball on new workouts let alone any workouts but walking my dog has held me together.
My first workout in over a week was a good choice. New to me, Interval Party with Katina Hunter was fun. Easy to follow choreography and the option to stay low impact all the way was what I needed. Her warm personality and good cueing was lovely. There was hand clapping galore and my hands were stinging at the end. I had forgotten how much clapping was done in the pure aerobic era.
seagreen01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-20, 06:38 AM  
seagreen01
VF Supporter

I’ve picked up again and these are all new to me. I started with Yoga for Beauty Dawn to Dusk, Rainbeau Mars. this program

The Studio Slim Sculpt Ellen Barrett, the time flew by, no clock watching.

Rushfit Full Body Strength and Conditioning. Georges St Pierre is earnest and encouraging. Erik is engaging and knowledgeable.
seagreen01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-20, 07:44 AM  
Gams

I just got Pam Cosmi’s Cardio Dance Express and I like it a lot. Choreography is easy to pick up and has a nice flow.
Gams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-20, 10:26 AM  
fanofladyvols

I finally acquired Tracie Long Focus Reach Further. In case you don't know, I love nearly everything Tracie produces. Her workouts present physical and sometimes mental challenges for me. I nearly always feel ready to take on the world afterwards.

This is the most puzzling workout of hers I have ever tried. The entire time I was trying to figure out how I could use it. Initially, I thought it would be relaxing and active stretchy...hmm no. Not what I felt after completing. That is what I seek in an active recovery workout. I didn't like it as a sequence all together but felt there was value in each chapter.

What I finally decided:

Ch 1 will be great as an extended cooldown for a Metabolic workout that leaves me hanging. I have several of those that stop uncomfortably abruptly at the 20 minute mark and this would round the session up nicely to 30 minutes.

Ch 2 A great substitute for ab work in another workout that I despise. For some reason this combo of crunch and plank sequence I didn't mind.

Ch3 whenever I want a balancing challenge on an active recovery day.

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-20, 12:39 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Flowetry by Jenn Galardi.

I wrote a longer review of it that i plan to post sometime soon.

the skinny: i was expecting something else. This is a straight up mostly standing power yoga routine.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-20, 02:46 PM  
wendug

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post
I finally acquired Tracie Long Focus Reach Further. In case you don't know, I love nearly everything Tracie produces. Her workouts present physical and sometimes mental challenges for me. I nearly always feel ready to take on the world afterwards.

This is the most puzzling workout of hers I have ever tried. The entire time I was trying to figure out how I could use it. Initially, I thought it would be relaxing and active stretchy...hmm no. Not what I felt after completing. That is what I seek in an active recovery workout. I didn't like it as a sequence all together but felt there was value in each chapter.

What I finally decided:

Ch 1 will be great as an extended cooldown for a Metabolic workout that leaves me hanging. I have several of those that stop uncomfortably abruptly at the 20 minute mark and this would round the session up nicely to 30 minutes.

Ch 2 A great substitute for ab work in another workout that I despise. For some reason this combo of crunch and plank sequence I didn't mind.

Ch3 whenever I want a balancing challenge on an active recovery day.
Thanks for your review of Reach Further. I had this in my shopping cart for Mary's sale, but I can't seem to pull the trigger to buy it. I love Tracie's workouts, but for some reason have not bought this one. I guess I'll put it on a Christmas wish list. Tracie is one instructor whose workouts I have NEVER seen at a thrift store, so the chances of finding it there are quite slim.
Old 09-08-20, 06:15 PM  
fanofladyvols

Yes! Both Cathe and Tracie are rare finds at thrift stores!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-20, 03:52 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Joyce Vedral - Just Bra Roll & Boobs. what a provocative-sounding title.

this DVD also includes Just Butt, but(t) i plan to do it later today.

this is a good pace, of course mainly because daughter Martha is also in the video and ensuring we have correct counts. this is a real pyramid-style workout. i think i could have gone heavier (i used 4-5-6#s) - i wasn't sure if any of the moves would be too hard with a heavier weight.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
Old 09-22-20, 08:57 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

Just bra roll and boobs...Interesting title. I have never tried anything by Joyce Vedral but from what I have read I think I would like her workouts.

I have been revisiting my never done Linda Woolridge downloads and DVDs. This was not a literal tear off the shrink wrap because I had done some of the workouts on these DVDs.
These are the most recent new to me workouts:
On DVD:
Mix and Match Series Upper 80/10 This was good-I've done it twice this month and once in August
Mat Interval Series: Abs This was challenging but not killer. Also not as fast as the others in this series. I hate how fast most of these are-its hard to really get an effective workout when you can't keep up and get a good ROM
Pilates Mat Series-Lower and Abs decent but mostly inner thighs-not terribly balanced.

Download: Fusion Mat Outer thighs. I liked this one. A nice add on to her Ball Mat workout which i also have in download form.
lreidgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-20, 08:53 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lreidgreen View Post
Mix and Match Series Upper 80/10 This was good-I've done it twice this month and once in August
i have this too in my virgin pile. you motivated me to at least look at the cover.

i did:

Joyce Vedral's "Just Arms" series - a true pyramid workout - a little under 30 min altogether.
Joyce Vedral "Just Butt" - floorwork
Yoga Burn Booty Challenge with Zoe Bray Cotton - 4 segments
Leslie Sansone - Burn Body Fat series - uses soft weights

Tags
shrinkwrap, tsha jacobson, virgin workouts, virgins