Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-06-20, 12:39 PM  
Libby

Sweat!

Is there anything that I can do to slow down sweating when I go out walking in the evening? Went walking with my husband and daughter for an hour last night. I poured sweat and they didn't. I'm an intermediate to advanced exerciser. I'm in pretty good shape. I have always gotten red in the face and sweated since I was very young. But it's mainly only in the hot weather. We waited till later in the evening when it was slightly cooler but I was drenched.
Libby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-20, 12:47 PM  
Vantreesta

I have no advice, just commiserating with you. I generally have to change clothes after we walk lately.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-20, 12:51 PM  
Terry

Maybe you could get one of those ice packs you wear around your neck to help keep you cooler.

Sweating in humid air is especially annoying to the face. A visit to Galveston in August kept us inside our hotel room. We only went out at 9:00 pm, it was still miserable, so we just forced ourselves to be out there with the sweat face misery.
Terry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-20, 01:12 PM  
Jane P.
VF Supporter

You didn't state your age. Are you approaching menopause? That'll make you sweat more than those around you. The good news is that it will pass, the bad news is that you'll be older.

Also some people just sweat more than others.
Old 07-06-20, 01:13 PM  
sbh

Cooling towels work great. Here is an example:

https://www.webstaurantstore.com/col...ent=Smallwares
sbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-20, 01:48 PM  
Karla25

There are cooling shirts. I’ve never used one and the reviews are mixed: https://www.amazon.com/Arctic-Cool-I...ews/B075X2QLCG

A neck gaitor might help. You’d dampen it before wearing it out. It helps with cooling. I found some Tek Gear Drytek athletic shirts that have (hard to describe) very thin areas throughout the shirt to allow cool air in. The thin areas are almost see through, but I am very modest and will wear it bike riding. It helps a lot.
Old 07-06-20, 02:19 PM  
alisoncooks

I feel your pain. My face doesn't sweat, but my lower back and pretty much every bit covered by underpants sweats profusely. It does put a...damper...on summer strolls.
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-20, 04:40 PM  
DCW

The humidity makes it worse for me. The heat doesn't help either. I check temperature and humidity to determine if it's safe to walk. Walking outdoors in the summer requires a complete change of clothes. I walk late in the evening too.

You are not alone.
DCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-20, 07:50 PM  
videofit

Carry a large, attractive Japanese paper fan. You will look very coquettish. It will keep mosquitoes away, too.
Old 07-09-20, 12:08 PM  
warriorprincess

If it's any consolation, sweating has many health benefits.

I live in South Florida. I've learned to embrace it as part of the price of admission to paradise.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
You're only 1 workout away from a good mood.
warriorprincess is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sweat, sweating