Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-21-20, 08:38 AM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by seagreen01 View Post
I’ve been working through some untrieds but the itch to get back to the familiar is there so I’m slowing up a little now.
I got to YBB, Beginner Rehearsal/Meditation and Advanced Fat Burning
Shrinkwrap off Konga Workout, dance, fun, great music, I worked up a good sweat.
Lashaun Dale Total Body Toning I tried a couple of 10min ish sections but I didn’t get it. I gave one of her premixes (50mins) a try and absolutely loved it!
Jeanette Jenkins Cardio Kickboxing
Who is the instructor for the Konga workout, please? Thank you!

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-20, 03:42 PM  
manleym

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post
Hey manley!

2005-2006 GR, RTC, S&L, GR 1000, GR&C
2009 GER, GER 1000

I consider 2005-2006 her older bunch and I love those. But also like any pre-2010 workouts.

Beginning 2010, idk...just not the same to me.

So if someone LOVES post 2010, then they probably wouldn't agree with my reviews .

2010 Lean Machine and Body Rock even have the same warmup and feel like they should have been on the same disc honestly.

2012 GER 1000 Hardcore feels like back to what I like about her.

I have 2011 GR revved to the max and 2016 GR in 6 minutes that I will be doing. She has more workouts in between and since but haven't had them on my radar. If I ever do get them, maybe I'd change my mind. But for now, that's what I meant.

Hope that makes sense!
This is great information! Thank you so much Fanofladyvols! Looks like I have most of her early dvds, pre 2010. I do have GER 1000 Hardcore, so that's a later one. That's the only post 2010 dvd I have. It's good information if I'm looking for any new-to-me Jari workouts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristiep View Post
You should try IAC 2. The warmup is more vigorous than IAC 1 and it’s a solid intermediate challenge where you can heavy up if you’re more advanced. I always love curtsy lunges and there they are in this routine. I also like the abs and pushup sequences from IAC 2.
Thanks for your suggestion! I did IAC 2 Friday and liked it. LOVE curtsy lunges. Going to try Heros next week.
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-20, 08:29 PM  
seagreen01
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
Who is the instructor for the Konga workout, please? Thank you!
I had to go into the workout to find her. Her name is Shereice no surname, no credits at the end. Shereice is the head choreographer of Konga workouts and the lead on this DVD. Tara Simich is the founder of Konga.
Maybe more info about Konga online?
There is an option to do the workout to music only, I’m looking forward to trying that. It’s a class of different styles of dance and a mix of boxing, cardio, dance and sculpting. The sculpting got me good. Having said that every section is a dance. It isn’t one long uninterrupted dance session, layering and putting it all together at the end it’s not like that.
It truly is like going to a class.
seagreen01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-20, 05:38 PM  
wendug

I received Michelle Dozois' Bodyfit 360 in a trade (thanks dfit!) and decided to try it out today. I did better than I expected with this workout. I couldn't perform some moves safely at the speed Michelle does them, so did a few less, but with good form. I've always been flexible so I surprised myself at how bendy my body was able to be with this workout. However, I had something happen that has never happened before during a workout. While I was bending and stretching and moving 360 degrees, my boob decided it had had enough and had to be free. My sports bra (overhead type) decided to come apart at the seam where it attaches to the plastic tightener. So I had to take a slight break to adjust the free boob, but other than that I liked the workout.
Old 06-24-20, 07:34 PM  
Vantreesta

Haha! Wendy, I laughed out loud at the free boob and had to explain to hubby! Too funny!

No shrinkwrap since it was my first download but I did Jenny Ford March Across America Utah this morning. My HR didn't get very high but I liked it well enough.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-20, 04:16 PM  
wendug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantreesta View Post
Haha! Wendy, I laughed out loud at the free boob and had to explain to hubby! Too funny!

No shrinkwrap since it was my first download but I did Jenny Ford March Across America Utah this morning. My HR didn't get very high but I liked it well enough.
Glad I could give you a laugh! We have to be able to laugh at ourselves!

I like the March Across America series. I have to make some of the moves bigger to get my heart rate up, but the scenery in these along with Jenny's enthusiasm is great! I think her Step Across America series is more challenging.
Old 06-25-20, 04:32 PM  
Vantreesta

Absolutely! Doesn't help to take ourselves too seriously!

I got the $1 downloads from Jenny Ford so I still have 9 more march and 10 step to do (I think that's right). I like Leslie but it is nice to have some variety. And as you said, the scenery is so pretty. I loved seeing snow on the mountains!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-20, 05:09 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

I haven't done any video workouts for awhile since I am doing a written strength training program.
Yesterday I did the outer thigh workout on Linda Woolridge's Fusion Mat at the Wall. I had done other segments on this DVD but not this one. I liked it alot and think I can do it post foot surgery (July 15) the only issue is finding a wall. I don't have much clear space in front of walls that I can use and see the TV. I made it work but it's a bit of a pain.
lreidgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-20, 01:55 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

still on my eternal virgin rotation:

Cain Carroll - Digestive Power - excellent
Cheryl Burke - Disco Abs Boogie Oogie Buns & Thighs - good workout with original music!
Jill Miller - Coregeous; pretty intense. did 2 segments and plan to return to it later this week
Denise Beatty The Fitness Fix Beginner (used my bosu - this is a great workout)
Anni Mairs Life Force (wow - directed by Gin Miller!) - i look forward to doing this workout again. really nice.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-20, 07:19 AM  
fanofladyvols

Leslie, I hope you're doing ok with your foot surgery.

Bzar, I have seen that coregous DVD once at a thrift store but had no idea what kind of exercise it was.

Tore off the shrink wrap from a Pilates for life Pilates for flexibility with Ann Brown. The cover says it's for beginners. It says it has a beginner and intermediate but it's really the same 20 minutes but different camera angle close-ups on either the demonstration with modifications in beginner. Only 20 minutes and you would benefit from a stretch band or rope. She talks throughout with form pointers but the overall choices aren't necessarily always beginner or gentle nor are there enough form pointers for a beginner, IMHO. I consider this an option for an intermediate who is needing a short overall stretch. Btw, I never held the stretches as long as she demonstrated. I really have greater relief if I initiate the stretch, release it, and then return to it continuously like the repetitive use injury recommends.

I nearly always pick up something cool in a video and she had this one variation to stretch your outer leg on your back with leg extended across opposite direction straight but having your toe pointed slightly outward...followed by having your toe slightly pigeon toed. My outer thigh liked that sooo much

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
shrinkwrap, tsha jacobson, virgin workouts, virgins