Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-24-19, 02:49 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by marki64 View Post
This is similar to what I have. I like that it kind of hides them and they don't get dusty. Very sturdy and rich looking. I don't remember how much my husband paid for it though. You can find them just for dvds and not cds. This one shows both. Mine just stores dvds.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/atlanti...?skuId=2891325
that's a nice one.

I read the questions posted for that item, and it said "could 400 DVDs fit?" and I was thinking:
1) might be a vidiot
2) i'd need more capacity!

the answer to the question was that 192 DVDs could fit.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-19, 04:06 PM  
laurajhawk

I have this one from Wayfair and I LOVE LOVE it. It was a gift from DH last Christmas. I see it's out of stock now though. The shelves are adjustable, so I have books and journals on the bottom.
https://www.wayfair.com/furniture/pd...-chlh5181.html

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-19, 04:09 PM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurajhawk View Post
I have this one from Wayfair and I LOVE LOVE it. It was a gift from DH last Christmas. I see it's out of stock now though. The shelves are adjustable, so I have books and journals on the bottom.
https://www.wayfair.com/furniture/pd...-chlh5181.html
Laura I would love that one!

Bubbles, maybe since you know you are moving just use something like big plastic totes, and buy something really nice after you move?

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-19, 06:05 PM  
bubbles76

These are all great options, thanks! I'm going to keep researching.

Sherry, I have a LOT of dvds . I don't like the look of all those totes. I already have two totes stuffed with dvds. I like my workouts on display.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-19, 06:44 PM  
SuzieC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
There's IKEA's Gnedby unit: holds 88 DVDs, very space-saving (tall and narrow) and of course you can have multiples side by side. Comes in different finishes and costs $50-60 each.

https://www.ikea.com/us/en/search/products/?q=gnedby
I have these and love them!
SuzieC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-19, 06:46 PM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles76 View Post
These are all great options, thanks! I'm going to keep researching.

Sherry, I have a LOT of dvds . I don't like the look of all those totes. I already have two totes stuffed with dvds. I like my workouts on display.
I understand. I was just trying to save you money and aggravation of taking apart shelving to move and assemble it again

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-19, 07:17 PM  
bubbles76

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
I understand. I was just trying to save you money and aggravation of taking apart shelving to move and assemble it again
You know, you do make a good point lol! I'm hoping to be in NJ just 3-5 years, but you never know.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-19, 06:33 AM  
Yoyogirl72

Origami

I use the origami bookshelves. My entire storage room is filled with these shelves as you can easily fold them up to close or roll them around on the wheels. I bought mine off of HSN and amazon. There are many different sizes of shelving available too. And colors! I use the smaller bookshelves for my exercise videos and the large ones that can hold 1000 lbs for garage and storage room shelving.
Yoyogirl72 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
book shelf, bookshelf