Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-05-16, 06:47 AM  
katalina

duplicate post
katalina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-16, 07:50 AM  
kathym
VF Supporter

I have only done the two workouts on the first disk.
I thought Barre Power Stretch was more intermediate and Advanced Active Stretch was higher intermediate.
I really like that the camera angles really display her moves well so that I can get the right angles on the stretch.
I also like her instruction. It has always been good but she mentions where you should be feeling the stretch and ways to modify.

I love the Advanced Active Stretch but I have strength issues with downdog with split type movement. (One leg in air. Not sure what that is called) I really want to improve my strength so will be working up to the length of the hold on this one. Great explanation of pidgeon as well. For those that do this move often I am sure it is a great strength and flexibility move.

I like Advanced Active Stretch and will probably use it to stretch out in the evening. Again... great instruction and camera angles. Suzanne is quite professional.

I can't wait to try the other two.
Old 08-05-16, 12:35 PM  
Karen Beckwith
VF Supporter

This morning I did the Advanced Active Stretch and it is definitely advanced. It is pretty much all yoga-ish. I love pigeon pose, usually, but she went a step beyond the usual head down on the floor. My balance has been worse than usual lately and when I tried to go further into her pose, I literally fell over and had to untwist myself. I didn't hurt myself but easily could have. If I do this workout again I will just stay with my forehead on the floor. I was able to do most of the rest of the poses, but had to adjust for balance.

I also did the Relaxation Stretch again, because I liked it so much yesterday.

I will finish up the rest of the stretches tomorrow morning.

"Comfort zones are very often expanded by discomfort." - Mimi Solaire
Karen Beckwith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-16, 12:38 PM  
Karen Beckwith
VF Supporter

Kathy - thanks for your review! Good point about the camera angles and her excellent cueing.

Old 08-06-16, 02:42 PM  
Karen Beckwith
VF Supporter

This morning I did Disc 2, Lower Body, Upper Body, and the ball stretch. I started out not liking the lower body one much, mostly because she had some difficult moves again. I liked the upper body one for the most part and I thought it was pretty thorough. Both upper and lower stretches were just that - stretching. The ball stretch was a fairly thorough total body stretch for being so short.

I think with all these workouts/stretches, it helps to do them as is first (or as close to as is as possible) and then modify as needed after that.

Old 08-06-16, 03:49 PM  
JENILU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen Beckwith View Post
This morning I did Disc 2, Lower Body, Upper Body, and the ball stretch. I started out not liking the lower body one much, mostly because she had some difficult moves again. I liked the upper body one for the most part and I thought it was pretty thorough. Both upper and lower stretches were just that - stretching. The ball stretch was a fairly thorough total body stretch for being so short.

I think with all these workouts/stretches, it helps to do them as is first (or as close to as is as possible) and then modify as needed after that.
thankyou so much for your reviews!! If I have lastics and CS/essentrics type stuff, do you think I need this?

If You Argue for Your Limitations, You Get to Keep Them!

"Accept responsibility for your life. Know it is you who will get you where you want to go, noone else." Les Brown
JENILU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-16, 07:35 PM  
Karen Beckwith
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JENILU View Post
thankyou so much for your reviews!! If I have lastics and CS/essentrics type stuff, do you think I need this?
If you do Lastics and CS/Essentrics on a regular basis, you probably don't need this one. It is different than those two and I'd say it's mostly more difficult, especially than CS/Essentrics. I did mostly enjoy the practices, especially the first two I did. The Barre Power Stretch was nice since it includes barre and wasn't as difficult as some of the others. The Relaxation Stretch was just that. It felt really good.

Old 08-06-16, 10:02 PM  
JENILU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen Beckwith View Post
If you do Lastics and CS/Essentrics on a regular basis, you probably don't need this one. It is different than those two and I'd say it's mostly more difficult, especially than CS/Essentrics. I did mostly enjoy the practices, especially the first two I did. The Barre Power Stretch was nice since it includes barre and wasn't as difficult as some of the others. The Relaxation Stretch was just that. It felt really good.
not regularly, but I need to, lol, just trying to stop feeling like I need multiple workouts that all do the same thing. Thankyou!!

If You Argue for Your Limitations, You Get to Keep Them!

"Accept responsibility for your life. Know it is you who will get you where you want to go, noone else." Les Brown
JENILU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-16, 11:28 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Karen, thank you so much for sharing your thoughts, very helpful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JENILU View Post
not regularly, but I need to, lol, just trying to stop feeling like I need multiple workouts that all do the same thing. Thankyou!!
Well, I need to do that too

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-18, 03:13 AM  
Elsie

Stretch 2 ?

Hey,
Do any of you in the Suzanne know or who are streaming regulars know if she'll be releasing another Dvd/download similar to her Strengthen & Stretch again?
Elsie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
barreamped, strengthen &, stretch, suzanne bowen