Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-27-15, 04:06 PM  
pharma_gal

What kind of yoga to keep you calm

Hi everyone - I am under some personal stress right now for situations beyond my control. I have been working out consistently for the last 6 months or so alternating weights and cardio but I am just not able to focus on that right now. I was wondering if Kundalini yoga will help to keep me calm and not agitated all the time. I have almost all of Ravi and Ana DVD's and I also ordered the new one which kind of seemed may fit this present situation. Any other recommendations?

Thanks all!
pharma_gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-15, 04:18 PM  
Aunt Famous

Mimi Solaire's Deep Stretch Yoga. Three 20 minute practices, all down lying down. I finding it incredibly calming.

Sending good thoughts your way.

AF

Check out my blog at www.typeALC.com
Aunt Famous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-15, 04:24 PM  
beyond.omega
VF Supporter

Hi Pharmagal,

So sorry you have been going through this. Probably anything would help. I would recommend one of the meditation sections. I haven't consistently done RaviAna, but just following my breath for 20 minutes has helped me so much with anxiety.

For soothing yoga, I like to visit Barbara Benagh YfSR and Erich Schiffmann's Backyard Beginner. Erich Schiffmann especially. I just feel so taken care of by that DVD.

Good luck.
beyond.omega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-15, 04:30 PM  
Ecossaise

Pharma_gal - I'm sorry about all your stress! I'm looking forward to more answers in this thread, as well. I'm always looking for anything relaxing!
Old 08-27-15, 04:35 PM  
BunnyHop

This Yoga for Stress Relief has lots of options.

I've mostly used the one for back pain, but have used some of the others and found they're quite nice.
Old 08-27-15, 04:51 PM  
sbh

Pharma_gal - I have the Yoga for Stress Relief dvd. If you want it, just pm me your address. I hope you feeling better.
sbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-15, 04:56 PM  
SuzieC

I'm so sorry to hear you are going through a difficult time. I think the Raviana's will help a lot. I have found Kundalini yoga so so helpful for my stress and anxiety issues. I really resonate with Kia Miller as well. I think you can sign up for a 15 day free trial on yogaglo and she has some really nice beginner practices. Anything with pranayama and meditation really seem to help me.
SuzieC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-15, 05:11 PM  
lorajc

I love Ravi Ana's ..hooked on them..... do the almost daily.
lorajc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-15, 05:31 PM  
ADoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnyHop View Post
This Yoga for Stress Relief has lots of options.

I've mostly used the one for back pain, but have used some of the others and found they're quite nice.
I recommend this one too.
ADoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-15, 05:55 PM  
laurajhawk

The RaviAnas are great if they work for you. For some people, they increase anxiety. Try it and see. Since you're already stressed, my advice would be if the kundalini yoga seems to make it worse then just stop for now and try something else.

I also love Erich Schiffmann. I wouldn't be inclined toward yin or Benagh when very stressed, because there's too much "space" for my mind to wander; Erich's yoga is a slow flow, which keeps my mind more engaged.

Hugs to you! I hope the yoga helps.

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote