Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-12-15, 04:26 PM  
rheash92

Ab Wheel

Hi everyone,

I want to get an ab wheel. I was wondering if a wheel with the foot straps is a better investment than a regular wheel since it looks it you would be able to more lower ab moves with it.

This is what I am talking abouthttp://www.walmart.com/ip/41683397?w...756032&veh=sem

This is the regular one
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Tone-Fitne...ingMethod=p13n

I like the pink color in the regular one.

Any suggestions? Thanks!
rheash92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-15, 08:44 AM  
Chomper

I don't know, but if you get the one with foot straps make sure to tell us how it goes! I just have a regular one.
Chomper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-15, 10:32 AM  
Jane P.
VF Supporter

If you have a barbell and plates, you might give rolling out on that a try. Otherwise I'd go with the one with the foot paddles.
Old 07-13-15, 08:33 PM  
Sharaz

I am interested in the Ab Wheel. Please provide feedback if you get it.
Old 07-13-15, 09:45 PM  
Castella

I have an ab wheel with the foot pedals, velcro straps and a band for the heel. It's a very sturdy piece of equipment.

I've used the foot pedals a few times. I think I would use them more if I could find a way to make them less awkward. I'm usually sitting on the floor when I strap in my feet, and you can use them facing the ceiling, walking on your hands but that's too hard on my wrists so I've never done it. What's awkward is getting into position so that you're facing the floor. At that point you can walk or do pikes or whatever. The instability of the narrow surface of the wheel is GREAT for core strength. Other people might not find it awkward to flip over with your feet strapped to the wheel. I've never tried strapping my feet in facing the floor. I[m also not that crazy about having my feet strapped on. It's not like bicycles where you just pull them out.

I mostly use it for rollouts, pikes, and planks. I wrote in a previous post that of all the equipment I use for core, the balance ball gives me the most bang for the buck and I don't know that I would buy the ab wheel again, but since I have it, I use it (probably about once a month).
Castella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-15, 04:30 AM  
Sharaz

Thanks Castella for the detailed description. I had used the regular Ab Weel for roll outs at the gym and is very challenging I can see that using the foot straps takes it to the next level. I may order one today.
Old 07-14-15, 08:00 AM  
pharma_gal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castella View Post
I have an ab wheel with the foot pedals, velcro straps and a band for the heel. It's a very sturdy piece of equipment.

I've used the foot pedals a few times. I think I would use them more if I could find a way to make them less awkward. I'm usually sitting on the floor when I strap in my feet, and you can use them facing the ceiling, walking on your hands but that's too hard on my wrists so I've never done it. What's awkward is getting into position so that you're facing the floor. At that point you can walk or do pikes or whatever. The instability of the narrow surface of the wheel is GREAT for core strength. Other people might not find it awkward to flip over with your feet strapped to the wheel. I've never tried strapping my feet in facing the floor. I[m also not that crazy about having my feet strapped on. It's not like bicycles where you just pull them out.

I mostly use it for rollouts, pikes, and planks. I wrote in a previous post that of all the equipment I use for core, the balance ball gives me the most bang for the buck and I don't know that I would buy the ab wheel again, but since I have it, I use it (probably about once a month).
Which brand do you have? I am also interested in this. Thanks!
pharma_gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-15, 08:00 AM  
pharma_gal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharaz View Post
Thanks Castella for the detailed description. I had used the regular Ab Weel for roll outs at the gym and is very challenging I can see that using the foot straps takes it to the next level. I may order one today.
Let me know which one you are getting I am interested. Thanks.
pharma_gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-15, 09:16 AM  
Sharaz

Ok! I will check Amazon later during the day. Also would like to know which one Castella use.
Old 07-15-15, 08:10 PM  
Sharaz

The model posted by the OP has good reviews at Amazon. Seems to provide best foot support. I am ordering a couple of things toguether, so is still on my cart