Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-06-15, 08:58 AM  
pharma_gal

I got the email too. Excited to get the stretching segment and really impressed.
pharma_gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-15, 09:03 AM  
bjammin13
VF Supporter

Good morning all! So I purchased all the Matics and Nina had suggested I alternate those or do back to back with either Course 3 or 4. I am wondering:
- which of those courses do you think is best?
-Or is there another one I should consider?
-How do you like the secret workouts and how do they compare to Course workouts?
-is is worthit to get the Classic Workout if you have these other options?
Thanks for any thoughts and opinions ;-)
Cynthia ;-)
bjammin13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-15, 04:18 PM  
LaCatrina

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotThatGirl View Post
I like the Frank Body balm I guess you could call it. It's cheap and it does help perk things up a bit. I really loved their coffee scrub but we are on septic now I really like dry brushing too but am not as consistent with it as I wish I was which is kind of dumb because it takes like 5 minutes in the morning. I am trying to get in the habit of finishing my showers with a blast of cold water too. It feels so invigorating when I remember to do it...which isn't that often lol.

Yes I completely agree, Hamelin talks and cues just perfectly for me. I don't have a problem with reps being counted out but I know it can drive some people nuts. I absolutely love his hand cues too! I found a 5 minute or so clip of one of his private classes and it looked like so much fun!! Someday that would be a real treat!

I still can't get over how much I am enjoying his workouts. I started glutematics today but only got a little ways into it, I did some BB before then and the last half of thighmatics and don't think I have it in me for more, at least not for a half hour or so lol. I usually make Sunday's my rest day but I want to try his Cardio Tone 1 tomorrow. It is really addicting in the best way possible. I think the thing I love most is it's hard but not miserable you know? There are moments where I am all "whoa this is hard...geez I love it though"

I'll try not to go on and on about this but *seriously* on things tightening up and lifting in like a new york minute. My word. I have gotten farther with Hamelin in just a few days than I do with Ballet Beautiful in two weeks. I am officially obsessed and a total convert.

How often do you do his cardio? I feel like since you are a reformed cardio hater there may be hope for me yet lol. Have you gotten Bodymatics yet?? I can't wait until it's in the webshop.
Bodymatics is out!!! it looks great. I got busy with work and I'm yet to try it. The new Rambert class looks so good too - some hard looking moves seated at the barre I'm dying to try

It's great to hear that you're getting all this enjoyment and results from these workouts - that's the best thing possible! It's frustrating to put in the work, eat right and just get some minor changes. The more I get deep into the moves, the more I get out of them - it's addictive!!

Add some dry brushing - it truly works!!
Old 07-06-15, 04:50 PM  
LaCatrina

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjammin13 View Post
Good morning all! So I purchased all the Matics and Nina had suggested I alternate those or do back to back with either Course 3 or 4. I am wondering:
- which of those courses do you think is best?
-Or is there another one I should consider?
-How do you like the secret workouts and how do they compare to Course workouts?
-is is worthit to get the Classic Workout if you have these other options?
Thanks for any thoughts and opinions ;-)
Cynthia ;-)
Hope you enjoy all your new workouts, Cynthia! to answer your questions:

All courses are great, he's always adding a twist or different elements to the workouts, and they seem to be more advanced with each new course. I think 4 has more variation than all the other ones. You'll get the longer class of them all (80 minutes, with an AMAZING, long cardiotone section), a shorter class (the one he offered for free) and a mellow, all-mat class, along with all the others that follow the cardio arms and mat format (he even uses the chair or gliders in some of the classes, which is new and different from courses 1-3). I think course 5 begins this week - I'm looking forward to see what else he comes up with

The secret workouts are 90 min long, half is cardio and half is toning. That's the only thing that's the same about them, as they're different between them. I've gotten a lot of use out of the cardio portions of all three, in fact, the cardio in secret 2 and the one in secret 3 I do quite often (2 is all cardiotone and 3 is hi-lo with a fab oldies mix).

The classic workout is the downloadable version of the DVD that he released a while back. It didn't get raving reviews here, but I like it. Done as is, without any additional ankle/wrist weights it's pretty mellow, but if you go up with the weights it's a completely different workout.

You already got the matics, so you have several body part focused hard workouts. The only one I haven't done much is Thighmatics II, but other than that I've used them all as a main workout in a bootcamp/detox or as add-ons. Following Nina's suggestion, I'd get course 3 to rotate with the matics, mainly because the classes are more uniform in format and length. Course 4 is awesome too, and more advanced than 3, but bear in mind that you'd get a considerably longer class and one that's all toning without the cardio element.

Hope it helps!
Old 07-06-15, 09:55 PM  
bjammin13
VF Supporter

Thank you Rebecca! I just read the description for Course 5 as well so now I want that one too,lol. Maybe I will do a Course 3 & 5 combo with all my Matics!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaCatrina View Post
Hope you enjoy all your new workouts, Cynthia! to answer your questions:

All courses are great, he's always adding a twist or different elements to the workouts, and they seem to be more advanced with each new course. I think 4 has more variation than all the other ones. You'll get the longer class of them all (80 minutes, with an AMAZING, long cardiotone section), a shorter class (the one he offered for free) and a mellow, all-mat class, along with all the others that follow the cardio arms and mat format (he even uses the chair or gliders in some of the classes, which is new and different from courses 1-3). I think course 5 begins this week - I'm looking forward to see what else he comes up with

The secret workouts are 90 min long, half is cardio and half is toning. That's the only thing that's the same about them, as they're different between them. I've gotten a lot of use out of the cardio portions of all three, in fact, the cardio in secret 2 and the one in secret 3 I do quite often (2 is all cardiotone and 3 is hi-lo with a fab oldies mix).

The classic workout is the downloadable version of the DVD that he released a while back. It didn't get raving reviews here, but I like it. Done as is, without any additional ankle/wrist weights it's pretty mellow, but if you go up with the weights it's a completely different workout.

You already got the matics, so you have several body part focused hard workouts. The only one I haven't done much is Thighmatics II, but other than that I've used them all as a main workout in a bootcamp/detox or as add-ons. Following Nina's suggestion, I'd get course 3 to rotate with the matics, mainly because the classes are more uniform in format and length. Course 4 is awesome too, and more advanced than 3, but bear in mind that you'd get a considerably longer class and one that's all toning without the cardio element.

Hope it helps!
Old 07-07-15, 09:49 AM  
in paris

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjammin13 View Post
Thank you Rebecca! I just read the description for Course 5 as well so now I want that one too,lol. Maybe I will do a Course 3 & 5 combo with all my Matics!
Excuse my screaming, but GET COURSE 5!!!
in paris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-15, 11:17 AM  
bjammin13
VF Supporter

I hear you in paris , loud and clear, lol, I am on it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by in paris View Post
Old 07-07-15, 11:22 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by in paris View Post
What's so great about Course 5? How is it different/better than Course 4?
Old 07-07-15, 12:38 PM  
in paris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usia View Post
What's so great about Course 5? How is it different/better than Course 4?
It was just so fun and sweaty and it made me happy

Nice low impact cardio, that can easily be modified up or down, and just the perfect amount of toning/stretching if your glutes are still screaming from Glutematics.

Keep in mind that this was just the first class of Course 5, but I really enjoyed it and had to scream my love, lol... And I didn't get Course 4 so I can't compare

Can't a girl enable just because?
in paris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-15, 01:06 PM  
LaCatrina

Cynthia - I sure hope it helped out a bit. I know I get a little rambly sometimes

I'm having one of those days, things are crazy busy around here , but I had to stop by to let you guys know that Hamelin just put the Rambert classes in his webshop http://hamelindabellmethod.tictail.c...ies-10-classes By the looks of these first two classes, the rest is going to be awesome!!

Dana - I quickly previewed (couldn't resist it!!!) the first class of course 5 and it's another awesome full body toning and cardio session with great music - am I right, in paris? IT'S SOOOOO GOOOD!!! I had to scream in joy a bit too, LOL!

Also, it's early to say how different will this course be compared to all four previous one, but it seems he's going to keep with the current format, although course four has the most variation (gliders, pilates ring, chair, longer class, shorter class, mat toning only session)

I'm getting bad stares because I need to run to the bank I'm taking off!!!

Tags
hamelin d'abell, thighmatics