Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-30-11, 08:37 AM  
Scorpio6

Sorry to upset any Cathe fans, but my first impression was of a weight lifter trying to cash in on the barre craze. Altho she has some interesting ideas I could incorporate into my own workouts, this is a "nay" for me.

In fact, I have seen or done so many barre dvds and clips I think I'll get started on putting together my own barre workout, taking the best of what I like from each instructor's approach.
Scorpio6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-11, 08:47 AM  
PhyllisG

My first thought was Yes! but now I am reconsidering. I somewhat agree with the above poster--cashing in on the barre craze or maybe I should be more charitable and consider it an attempt to offer something to everyone. I realize that I am interested in the new Hamelin D" Bell (?) workouts coming out and also Leah Sarago's new DVDs. Then hopefully Pilates in Motion with their glide board. I have to rethink where I want to spend my money.
PhyllisG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-11, 08:54 AM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy View Post
I have to say that right now 74 minutes is a huge turn off for me. The premixes are also too long. I don't envision me reaching for this too often.
I'm not a Cathelete myself but have to agree with this. Otherwise the workout looks interesting and I like her athletic 'spin' on barre.
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-11, 09:03 AM  
fuzzie
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpio6 View Post
Sorry to upset any Cathe fans, but my first impression was of a weight lifter trying to cash in on the barre craze. Altho she has some interesting ideas I could incorporate into my own workouts, this is a "nay" for me.
That's how I feel as well. I thought it looked ok until those pliés (yikes). I am glad that this will introduce some people to barre-type training but I personally prefer workouts that are more strongly anchored in the technique.
fuzzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-11, 09:04 AM  
Kathryn
VF Supporter

70+ minutes is too long for me as well. I definitely see separating the standing barre work and the floor/core work (which I might not even do, as I have other core workouts I like better, from the looks of the clips).

2010 season speed-walking 5K PR: 35:47
2011 season race-walking 5K PR: 34:42
Kathryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-11, 09:05 AM  
jenn38

This one looks great. Cathe and crew look radiant in this clip. It is a long workout but the description does detail the chapter times for it.
Old 09-30-11, 09:06 AM  
Sass

This barre workout looks cool, but doesn't look to be as great as Tracie Eff's Squeeze Lower Body blast barre section which I love love love. I might get this one. So that's Cardio Supersets (for sure), Barre (maybe - hmmmm) so far.
Old 09-30-11, 09:13 AM  
counterclockwise

Well, I just sent an email to cancel, and you know what, it felt awesome! lol! I hope I haven't missed the cancel cut off date.

The clips so far don't look like anything that I don't have. I really could use some glider thingies with lots of my other workouts and do a lot of the same moves. And, I have Squeeze and have hardly used it, so I don't need the barre workout. AND, I always forget that I can use my whole Turbo Fire set and do the low impact moves.

I hope you guys all love them and that I don't regret it later! : )
counterclockwise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-11, 09:21 AM  
glavtx
VF Supporter

I like the barre she's using - is that a 'turbo tower'?

The workout itself is way too long for me, but a few years ago I might have gone for it

If the only prayer you say in your life is Thank You, that would suffice.
Meister Eckhart

It is our resistance to things as they are that causes most unhappiness.

When you rise in the morning, give thanks for the light, for your life, for your
strength. Give thanks for your food and for the joy of living. If you see no
reason to give thanks, the fault lies in yourself. Tecumseh
glavtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-11, 09:25 AM  
txfitmom

The workout looks good, I might have to buy, however, don't like the longer length and even the premixes are kind of long! I will have to think about this one for a while.
txfitmom is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
barre, cathe, cathe friedrich, cathe low impact, cathe low impact series, fit tower, turbo barre, turbo tower