Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 09-15-20, 02:15 PM  
cdayley

Hi, ladies. I developed a horrible cough, so now I'm waiting for results of the lab covid test, which takes 5 - 7 days. I can't work and DH can't either. I've had lots of other symptoms, but no fever. Hopefully it's still just another virus.

Chrys Dayley
cdayley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-20, 11:31 AM  
Sissy B

Hurricane Sally finally hit the AL/FL about 4:45 a.m. as a Cat. 2 hurricane. I have talked to DH and everything is fine at the house, just a bunch of leaves in the yard. He never lost power although others in our area did. Unless he hears otherwise, he'll return to work tomorrow morning. Since he'll probably have to work through the weekend now I'll probably stay here and go home on Monday - as long as another storm doesn't come up in the Gulf before then.

Chrys - I hope your test is negative and that you feel better soon.
Sissy B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-20, 10:45 AM  
Sissy B

Tuesday, 9/15 - 1684 steps/0.71 miles
Wednesday, 9/16 - 4253 steps/1.8 miles
Old 09-17-20, 07:37 PM  
cdayley

Hi, ladies. I just got my results late this afternoon - negative! I am still congested, but not coughing much. I can go back to work tomorrow. Hooray!

Chrys Dayley
Old 09-17-20, 09:12 PM  
LeslieM
VF Supporter

This morning I walked with a few friends.

I had a doctor appointment this afternoon. My blood pressure is great. The new medicine works well. She took a blood draw to check my electrolyte levels since the first drug I tried in this class of medicines made certain levels go out of whack. She just called me to say everything is fine with my bloodwork.
Old 09-20-20, 07:26 PM  
cdayley

Hi, ladies. I'm feeling so much better physically, but wow am I discouraged. Our Principal proposed the retirement of our mascot, which is the Indians. The School Board voted positively on it. A few days later, the Board voted to leave us the the hybrid model for school (two days in person, 3 days online). Since those two things have happened, our community has exploded into ugliness - name calling, ridiculous editorials in the paper and posts online, attacking teachers, you name it. I am just so sad at how terribly people are willing to treat others when they don't get their way. It just makes me want to crawl into a hole.
Leslie, I'm so glad your blood pressure and blood work are good!

Chrys Dayley
Old 09-21-20, 05:28 PM  
Sissy B

I'm home from the condo. As I was driving home, the temperature was actually dropping as I headed south. In a weird turn of events, it was actually 10 degrees warmer at the condo today - 79 vs. 69 here at home. It was also sunny when I left and it's damp and dreary here.

With a change in the weather, DD's allergies went haywire this weekend.

Deb - Saw the picture of you and your DH dressed up for the wedding on Facebook. You were about 2 1/2 hours away from where the condo is.

Chrys - I'm sorry you're dealing with so much ugliness right now.

Leslie - I'm glad the meds are working for you.
Old 09-23-20, 06:10 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Hi gang, i came to you back in 2017 about setting up my Fitbit charge 2. i bookmarked the thread, but i think it was purged.

i just want to use it to count my steps for now, maybe track sleep. i don't want it to sync 24/7. maybe if i am home and i want it to sync there using my home router, but i don't want it syncing or tracking my whereabouts when i am away from home.

this was a gift from my DH. i tried setting it up on my own on a different laptop, and i immediately got turned off because it was trying to get me to create accounts with something i can't remember. i got turned off and it just sat in its box.

this is not my first false start with fitbit. i had gotten a fitbit ultra and after several replacements, i was unable to get it to connect with my laptop. i gave up. fitbit let me keep all of the ones that didn't work. it sat in a box for about a year, and then i gave both away via VF Share the Wealth.

*had i known DH was thinking of getting me a fitbit, i would have refused. but i decided to keep it to be a good sport.

so fast forward today - i want to charge it up, connect it with my laptop, and just use it to count steps. can anyone offer any advice? thanks in advance.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-20, 01:59 AM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

ok, i am halfway through setting it up. so far, no crazy weird stuff happening yet.

i paired it, and it is now updating my tracker.

update:

ok, looks like it's been set up, and now i have it plugged into my laptop to charge it up.

please offer any tips! thanks.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-20, 10:40 AM  
Sissy B

Jeannine - Are you using the Charge 2? My DH had one and loved it! He only upgraded to the Charge 3 when he had to since they're not making the 2 anymore. It will count steps as long as you are wearing it, but it won't sync automatically unless your computer is on, with the dongle connected and you're within a certain range of the computer. If you're syncing it with your phone, the Bluetooth has to be on for it to sync. As far as I know, this version doesn't track where you are, except when you enable location services for the app on your phone, but some of the newer ones do have built-in GPS. I don't know that you can stop it from counting stairs climbed, tracking sleep (unless you take it off when you go to bed), etc. but you should be able to customize your dashboard to only show you the info you're interested in.

I have the One, but since I don't wear it at night, it doesn't track my sleep. I mainly want to track my steps/mileage.

Tags
fitbit, fitbit charge 2, fitness tracker, fitness trackers