Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-25-20, 12:48 PM  
TinaT

I found myself whispering along with what Susan was saying. Yes, familiar, feel good, great productions are what bring me to a play of wanting, not needing to workout.

I kept the original 6 Classics... but what most of you don't know... I sold some my collection this past year to help with medical bills, (plus a ton of household items,etc). I am now searching to get some (not all) my collection back. Which will be a long shot since most are OOP that I'm looking for.

It was easy at the time b/c I was burned out, fatigued and our finances were more important than possessions. But of course, now I miss them.
TinaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-20, 01:07 PM  
MsThistlebottom

Tina, how about posting on Request the Wealth? I bet you'd get a lot of your collection back.

I hear you about familiar, feel-good productions. I'm back to Leslie, weight lifting, and yoga and feeling better and stronger every day. Last year took a lot out of me, physically and mentally, so I'm thinking of 2020 as my comeback year. I don't mind getting old(er), but I absolutely refuse to get old AND weak.

"When I was young, I used to admire intelligent people; as I grow older, I admire kind people." -- Abraham Joshua Heschel
MsThistlebottom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-20, 06:41 PM  
TinaT

Hi Joan, and thanks for the idea. I should check it out.
Old 01-26-20, 01:10 PM  
TinaT

It felt so good to be sore the next day. LOL. ..and it was fun. I too, miss the fun factor in workouts. My husband and I signed up for a year of BB On Demand. I have yet to do it. He loves it and for the break down of what it costs monthly, it's worth it even if he's the only one using it.

For me, it's always been about music, flow, and just being familiar with what I need to ask of my body. I really thought my body was beyond doing the FIRM, but I think I was mistaken. With a little modifying, I KNOW I can use them again.

Here's to new beginnings with old FIRM friends.
Old 01-26-20, 06:04 PM  
honey

A week ago, I had to look up the name of the original Kathy Smith workout that I did in junior high. I did it every night after my parents went to bed. I loved Kathy in her turtleneck leotard.

I went over to Kathy's site and there was a video clip of it. I remembered every single word she said, all the music, even the little flubs. Even the cheezy graffiti background.

It was like visiting an old friend.
honey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-20, 09:47 AM  
leigh1673

YESSS! Same here, TinaT. I've recently started FIRM-ing again (after many years!) and doing the Classics, as well as the ones with the "Library" set, make me SO happy!

I've also been enjoying some of the "newer" (ha ha like 10-12 years old) PINK workouts on Gaia. I never did any of them when they first came out!
leigh1673 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-20, 09:58 AM  
TinaT

Today I'll do Volume 4 with Susan and Kai. Super fun and I love all the four limb movement in this one.

Tags
motivation