Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-01-19, 08:07 AM  
sherry7899

Kathy-thank you! I do not have Apple tv so I guess I am out of luck.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-19, 07:46 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

I've been reading and here are what I think of some of the books I've read:

Lost Roses - This is the second book by the author of Lilac Girls, Martha Hall Kelly. I loved Lilac Girls and really looked forward to this one. But, I found it dragged for me and I didn't finish it.

The Bookshop on the Shore - Another one I didn't finish. I just couldn't get into it. Jenny Colgan's books have become more hit or miss with me.

Home at Last - This is the last book in the Chicory Inn series by Deborah Rainey. It was a pretty good end to the series.

The Huntress - This is my first book by Kate Quinn and it's really interesting and engaging so far.

Ten Years Gone by Jonathan Dunsky - This first book in his series is really good. It's a mystery set in Israel in the late 1940s and I'm enjoying the historical setting. And, it's just a good story.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-19, 08:36 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

For those who enjoy audio books, fictional podcasts seem to be coming quite the thing. You might check out both Passenger List and Blackout. Passenger List has some strange ads inserted at odd times. Blackout is much better produced and fairly suspenseful. I buzzed through all episodes of both in two days!

Now I'm listening to Riding High by Ruth Zukerman. I thought it might be a fun fitness-related listen but so far it's not all that great. We'll see.....
Old 10-02-19, 09:22 PM  
sherry7899

Laura, I have given up on Jenny Colgan. The storylines are too similar and too slow moving.

I picked up Barbara O'Neal's newest book. It is absorbing so far.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-19, 09:32 PM  
Messe

Recent reads: Raymie Nightingale by Kate DiCamillo and The Girl Who Takes an Eye for an Eye by David Lagercrantz.

Currently reading: The Vanishing Man by Charles Finch.

On my ebook Hold shelf: Careless Love by Peter Robinson.

Staring at me on my coffee table: Kingdom of the Blind by Louise Penny.

You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have. — Maya Angelou
Messe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-19, 06:41 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Sherry - Yeah, I read Barbara O'Neal's book. I thought it was good.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-19, 06:51 AM  
Cher

Sunday I finished “Things You Save in a Fire” by Katherine Center which I really liked.

Just started “The Beantown Girls” by Jane Healy. I’m only a few chapters in but so far it is pretty good. It’s set during WWII. The main character’s fiancé is missing in action so her and 2 of her friends join the Red Cross in hopes of getting over there.
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-19, 07:16 AM  
annette
VF Supporter

Has anyone read Call Your Daughter Home by Deb Spera? It was SO good; I read it in August and I think it spoiled me for other books. I haven't been able to find anything since that will hold my interest. Does anyone else experience that after reading a really, really good book?
annette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-19, 08:49 AM  
bee
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by annette View Post
Has anyone read Call Your Daughter Home by Deb Spera? It was SO good; I read it in August and I think it spoiled me for other books. I haven't been able to find anything since that will hold my interest. Does anyone else experience that after reading a really, really good book?
Yes, definitely!! I just switch to podcasts for a while when that happens (since I mostly listen to books, not actually read). Off to look for Call Your Daughter Home.....
Old 10-03-19, 10:32 AM  
alisoncooks

Just picked up The Testaments (Atwood) from the library. The librarian said, "Ah, a little light reading." LOL.
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
audiobooks, books, fall reading, kindle, reading