Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-03-19, 08:13 AM  
geojill

Question How does everyone fit CS into their routine?

I was curious to know how those that do Classical Stretch fit it into their routine. Do you use it as a stand-alone workout? Tack it on to another workout or do it at a separate time of day? Or do you just do it occasionally or in a mix with other workouts? Just interested to see how everyone uses it.
Old 07-03-19, 08:50 AM  
Exercise Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by geojill View Post
I was curious to know how those that do Classical Stretch fit it into their routine. Do you use it as a stand-alone workout? Tack it on to another workout or do it at a separate time of day? Or do you just do it occasionally or in a mix with other workouts? Just interested to see how everyone uses it.
I usually tack it on to another workout - usually my cardio workouts. When I do CS on its own (which is great too), my heart rate doesn't move much to be honest, but after cardio it stays in my target zone all the way through, so I consider it a bonus.
Exercise Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-19, 09:56 AM  
BunnyHop

I like doing it as a warmup very first thing in the morning before I'm awake enough to talk myself out of it.
It coordinates well with everything else.
Old 07-03-19, 10:56 AM  
anetta

I do one every morning after I get up. My day doesn't go right unless I've done CS

Anita
anetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-19, 11:05 AM  
DCW

CS/Essentrics is the base of my workouts.

Since it is summertime now, I do CS/Essentrics 5 days a week when I get up in the morning for about 30 minutes. I get in more walking in the summer. When the time changes, I will go back to 7 days a week of CS. I walk 4 days a week during lunch and I also do boot camp classes 2x a week. I make sure I have a stretchy workout the following morning after boot camp. My boot camp class will be on hiatus in August so I will be doing an hour of CS/Essentrics in the evening. August is too hot and humid to go out.

Doing CS/Essentrics in place of boot camp keeps me on track and I don't miss a beat when boot camp classes resume.

CS/Essentrics works for me!!!
DCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-19, 01:25 PM  
FirmDancer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnyHop View Post
I like doing it as a warmup very first thing in the morning before I'm awake enough to talk myself out of it.
It coordinates well with everything else.
Me too!
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Current Rotations:
JSmith: STRENGTHEN
ManFlowYoga: morning sessions & Strength Foundations
YogaGlo & MFML: easy, morning classes
FirmDancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-19, 06:28 PM  
bjones

It seems more like a (sneaky) strength than cardio workout to me so I never use it in place of cardio. I use them for a light strength day, which is more and more as I get older. I also like to combine them with yoga to make a full one hour workout. I feel very stretched out and energized afterwards. Not beat up like I would with dumbbells.
bjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-19, 07:27 PM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

I teach 3-4 classes/week. The days that I don't teach, I do light stuff....pain relief, etc. I'm trying to cross train b/c with everything you can overtrain and develop injuries. So I'll maybe warm up with Ess and right now I'm doing the Barre3 freebies or some Ellen Barrett. I do like to get in light weights.

Certified Essentrics Instructor, Level 4---February 2017
Yoga Tune Up Roll Model Method Practitioner---December 2021

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-19, 08:23 PM  
geojill

Thanks everyone for your responses! I like the idea of starting the day with it, it seems it would get you started on the right foot, so to speak.
Old 07-04-19, 05:56 PM  
gigi

I don't do it nearly as often as I would like but sometimes I'll do it at the end of a workout. I've also done an episode or two on a rest day. CS is great for a week you want to recover but keep moving. I will up the CS episodes when I'm dealing with an issue tough and just extend my workout time.

Tags
classial stretch, classical stretch