Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-03-19, 08:10 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
Laura, I asked my library to order Marie Bostwick's book
You'll probably get it before me. I look forward to hearing what you think.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-19, 01:42 PM  
TracyQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by toaster View Post
I thought I had read Lisa Jewell, but looking at her book titles, nothing seems familiar.
The one I’m listening to now, Then She was Gone, is my first of hers but will not be my last. I already have a few more on my library hold list.

Cellulite is not a character defect.
TracyQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-19, 01:53 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TracyQ View Post
The one I’m listening to now, Then She was Gone, is my first of hers but will not be my last. I already have a few more on my library hold list.
I'm going to start that as soon as I'm done with "Sophie of Silicon Valley". Not sure if I got that recommendation here. Still not sure about this book -- can't really tell where it's headed, but it's sort of fun to hear about familiar places.
bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-19, 01:47 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

I started listening to "There There" by Tommy Orange. I like it but it is told from the perspective of many different characters and sometimes I can't keep track of them. I borrowed it from the library and it expired before I finished it so I am now on the waiting list to get in on my kindle.

I don't know what is next for me reading-wise. I am not terribly interested in the next two books that my book group is reading and won't even be here for the discussion on the second book. May's book is America for Beginners by Leah Franqui which I am looking forward to reading. I will download it on my Kindle to read on vacation in late March.
lreidgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-19, 01:59 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

I'm currently reading No Nonsense Buddhism for Beginners and am really enjoying it.

I realized I haven't read a novel in awhile! Spring break at the college where I work is in two weeks; I'm not going anywhere but will try to read something fun.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-19, 11:57 AM  
bee
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee View Post
I'm going to start that as soon as I'm done with "Sophie of Silicon Valley". Not sure if I got that recommendation here. Still not sure about this book -- can't really tell where it's headed, but it's sort of fun to hear about familiar places.
Oh brother! I downloaded from the library and started listening yesterday (to "Then She Was Gone") and realized in about 30 seconds that I've already listened to it. I've just started the only other Lisa Jewell audio book my library app has -- "Watching You".

I ended up enjoying "Sophia of Silicon Valley" -- it's nothing special, but the enjoyment for me came from being transplanted back to my working days and all the craziness (both good and bad) that ensued.
bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-19, 07:23 PM  
sherry7899

I picked up three interlibrary loans (psychological suspense) from my library today, and received an email that NINE other books I requested them to order (for my own library) are now available. Eek! I hope no one else is waiting for those so I can keep them out for a month. The interlibrary loans are only available for two weeks, so I have to read those first.

I always end up with a ton of books at once. I'll never finish them all on time. I'll have to keep a list of ones to check out at a later date.

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-19, 08:39 PM  
BunnyHop

Sherry, I can relate!

I'm forever waiting for things to come in, then they come in all at once.

Me? I'm back to Harry Potter audio books for company.

Reading James Fell's 'The Holy Sh!t Moment' book at bedtime.
Old 03-06-19, 07:14 AM  
Cher

Yep Sherry, the same thing always happens to me to. I keep having to put books back on hold since I don't read so fast.

Currently reading "The Proposal" by Jasmine Guillory from Reece Wither's February Book Club pick. So far it's okay. I borrowed it from my library and was reading it on my Kindle Fire but the loan expired before I was finished. Luckily I had downloaded it to my old very first Kindle and, if I don't turn the WiFi on for it, it's still there so I'm trying to finish reading it from there.
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-19, 10:16 AM  
BunnyHop

I've been reading a bit more lately, at long last.

Martha Well's Murderbot series of novellas is good. She's going to write a full length novel eventually, but it's not yet published.

Currently reading Ken Paterson's Story of the Cloth. Not sure what it's about, yet, or if I like it. It's kind of bizarre.

Also reading Robert Wright's Why Buddhism is True.

Still listening to the Harry Potter books on audio when I go out for walks.

Tags
audiobooks, books, kindle, reading, spring reading