Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-21-17, 10:24 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Leigh, glad to hear you loved The Lake House! I will remember to look for The Forgotten Garden next.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-17, 10:26 AM  
donnamp

I love all of Kate Morton's books as well, I wish she would write more, as I think I have read them all.

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-17, 11:03 AM  
sherry7899

I borrowed two British psychological suspense books from the library. I will post the titles/author later.

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-17, 01:26 PM  
difit

My MIL was a big fan of Debbie Macomber especially her Christmas books. My MIL passed away 5 years ago so every year in December I read one of Debbie Macomber Christmas books in memory of her. This year book was Merry & Bright. It was cute. My MIL would have loved it.

I also read Walking with Peety: The Dog who Saved my Life - Eric O'Grey
It's about a man who was overweight who went to see a new doctor who prescribed him to start eating plant based foods and to get a shelter dog. And that's when Eric met Peety: an overweight, middle-aged, and forgotten dog who, like Eric, had seen better days. The two adopted each other and began an incredible journey together, forming a bond of unconditional love that forever changed their lives.

I also want to thank who suggested Driving Miss Norma. I enjoyed this book too.
difit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-17, 02:23 PM  
sherry7899

I borrowed "The Secrets She Keeps" by Michael Robotham and "He Said She Said" by Erin Kelly.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-17, 02:42 PM  
dbclark44

I'm currently reading Jeff Wheeler's Kingfountain series. There are 6 in the series so far and I'm not even sure that's the last one. I'm currently on book 4 and enjoying them immensely. He's a sci-fi/fantasy genre writer. If you enjoy that genre, I'd recommend him especially this series.

Rotations are an immunization against procrastination.
dbclark44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-17, 03:15 PM  
BunnyHop

Yesterday I listened to most of the audio-CD version of Pride and Prejudice that I have on a long drive.

Picked up my old copy of the book when the drive was done and have kept reading. Very enjoyable, but wow, verbose. Some part of my brain keeps trying to edit out all the wordiness.
Old 12-21-17, 09:18 PM  
MsThistlebottom

Quote:
Originally Posted by leigh1673 View Post

Next up is Killman Creek, the sequel to Stillhouse Lake by Rachel Caine. The premise is a woman trying to rebuild her life after finding out that her seemingly ordinary husband/father of her young kids is a serial killer.
I'm reading Killman Creek right now. It's a page turner and just what I need after reading ultra-boring documents all day.

"When I was young, I used to admire intelligent people; as I grow older, I admire kind people." -- Abraham Joshua Heschel
MsThistlebottom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-17, 02:50 PM  
BunnyHop

Picked up Gabourey Sidibe's This is Just My Face: Try Not to Stare at the library yesterday and zipped right through it.

She's hilarious and inspiring, and I hope she writes more.

And hey, that was one last quick read for the year's book count, so off to GoodReads to add it.

Up next is The Vanishing Act of Esme Lennox by Maggie O'Farrell.

I'd had it bookmarked for ages and got it mostly because I was in the branch where the book was shelved. For whatever reason I kept not putting it on hold.

Time to clear off my bedside table, since I'm pretty clearly not going to finish some of the stuff that's been piled there for ages.

New start for the new year.
Old 12-31-17, 03:12 PM  
BunnyHop

What books have you read this past year that you really liked?

The top hits of my year seem to be the two Becky Chambers books, The Long Way to A Small Angry Planet and A Close and Common Orbit. I've read them both twice in 2017.

Jane Steele by Lyndsay Faye is darkly hilarious if you're in the mood for a mashup of Jane Eyre and Dexter.

I keep track of books I finish on GoodReads and it seems that I've read a number of Claire North books this year. She seems to be a solid author.

I'm not sure why Ken Grimwood's Replay never got my attention before, but it's a good one.

Ghost story? Sparrow Hill Road by Seanan McGuire is good.

Oh, and Gabourey Sidibe's This is Just My Face: Try Not to Stare was wonderful, but since I only finished it this morning I'm a bit reluctant to add it to the best of the year list, LOL!

Anybody else want to share?

Tags
audiobooks, books, kindle, reading, winter reading