Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-25-17, 08:54 AM  
counterclockwise

BodyBoss

So um, I've been gone a while, lol. Went back to work full-time to a really stressful job in 2013 and nearly stopped working out since that happened. Have gained a few pounds as well.

Anyway, I've come back to my senses and am trying to kick things off with BodyBoss after seeing their ad for the hundredth time on FB. Anybody else giving it a try? The reps are kind of endless which I don't love, but otherwise I actually liked the first week so far.
counterclockwise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-17, 01:07 PM  
PennyK

PennyK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-17, 02:40 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

welcome back - could you provide a link for BodyBoss? is it a kit?

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-17, 09:15 AM  
counterclockwise

Thanks! It's a booklet or online access to a booklet with a 12 week plan. No DVDs that I am aware of. I used to be a DVD only girl but I seem to magically be ok with paper workouts now, lol!

https://www.bodyboss.com/
Old 05-30-17, 09:56 AM  
hulabug1

Hi counterclockwise! Are you still enjoying this program? I've been eyeing it up as it looks interesting. Although I need another workout system like I need a hole in the head TIA!
hulabug1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-17, 11:38 AM  
counterclockwise

Hi, I only just started week 2, but yes I am!

The general format is this:

1) 3 body-weight/cardio workouts per week. The first focuses on lower body and cardio, the second focuses on upper body, core, and cardio. I don't really get the third one, but it's a 6 minute non-stop total body circuit and that's it. Not sure why it's so short.
2) For the first two workouts, you do a 7 minute nonstop circuit, followed by 3 minutes of rest. You do that exact same thing (same circuit) two more times, for a total of 3 times through.
3) There are a lot of reps per exercise. For example, 25 pushups, or 30 sumo squats.
4) They suggest cardio on the days you don't do the body-weight workouts.

Cons: Lots of reps per exercise, repeating the same circuit per workout, you can't print off the booklet if you only choose the online choice.

However, I can say that knowing I only have to do 25 pushups per circuit, or 30 squats per circuit, once per week really makes it not so bad. And I think these will be effective. I'd like to come back and post results when done, though my weight loss results are always mostly due to my food intake.
Old 05-30-17, 12:55 PM  
hulabug1

Thank you so much for the quick reply counterclockwise!! I'm looking to change things up a bit from weights and this sounds like it might fit the bill. Thank you, again for your thoughts on this!
Old 05-30-17, 01:22 PM  
counterclockwise

Sure! I found a coupon code on a blog (someone who was provided the program and tried it and wrote a review). I can't find it now, but you may be able to find another code somewhere. It was 20% off.

I also forgot to say that the program includes a 4 week pre-training program if you need it before getting into the real program. It also has suggested warmups and cooldowns.
Old 05-31-17, 09:07 AM  
hulabug1

Thanks again, counterclockwise for letting me know about the coupon code. I did find it and it's only good through May, so today would be the last day. If anyone is interested the code is MEAGANBB. Oh, so of course i 'had' to order it!!
Old 06-03-17, 08:29 PM  
counterclockwise

Glad you were able to find a code! Hope you like it!

Tags
bodyboss