Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-03-16, 08:42 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

I read Coppermine by Keith Ross Leckie a few months ago. It's one of the best books I've read in a long time, couldn't put it down.
https://www.amazon.com/Coppermine-Ke...s=books&sr=1-1

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-16, 07:38 AM  
Jewels5

My reading has been very slow lately but I'm trying to get back into it. I've been in the mood for classics lately and am currently reading The Picture of Dorian Gray.

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnamp View Post
I finished The Headmaster's Wife, it was a good book - a bit sad though.
Donna
Donna, I read this too. Afterwards I listened to the interview with the author and wished I had watched it first as I think I would have had a better appreciation of where he was coming from. It was sad indeed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogapam View Post
I loved The Nightingale and haven't read any of Kristin Hannah's other books as I also thought they were fluffy chic lit.
Pam, I had avoided The Nightingale at first for the same reason but ended up loving the audiobook. I have only read one other of hers, Magic Hour.

"To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world." -Heather Cortez
Jewels5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-16, 12:26 PM  
BunnyHop

I've been reading Ancillary Justice by Ann Leckie since yesterday, and I'm more than halfway through it. Would like to read the rest of the series, but our library doesn't have them.

I've got Charles Finch's latest, Home By Nightfall (a Charles Lenox mystery) in large print and Dracula as backups.
Old 06-04-16, 01:35 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnamp View Post
Oh gosh, Winter Garden was my first (I think) Kristin Hannah book and I liked it! I have read and like others from her including Night Road. I think I'm going to start her more recent Pretending To Dance tonight. I finished The Headmaster's Wife, it was a good book - a bit sad though.

Donna
That's the beauty of a book. There is a reader for every book. I'm glad because I really liked most of her other books.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-16, 04:56 PM  
leigh1673

I am reading Big Little Lies by Liane Moriarty.

Just like The Husband's Secret, it's a real page-turner so far! I just read it's being made into an HBO series with Reese Witherspoon and Nicole Kidman. Will be interesting to see what they do with it.

Before that I read The Lake House by Kate Morton (enjoyed it) and The Legacy by Katherine Webb (which was just "ok").

The Nightingale is definitely on my "want to read" list!
leigh1673 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-16, 06:36 PM  
mizach
VF Supporter

Leigh,
I read Big Little Lies in a day. It is my fave Moriarty book and I have read most of them.
mizach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-16, 07:05 PM  
JezthePuff2

I am listening to Prep by Curtis Sittenfeld. I also will be reading her latest, Eligible, soon.

~~~Well behaved women rarely make history.~~~
JezthePuff2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-16, 07:45 PM  
marki64

I just read Corrupted by Lisa Scottoline and really liked it. I just started The Last Mile by David Baldacci. I love suspenses and that is usually all I read. I have several on hold a the library. New releases I only get for 10 days. I can't remember the last time I was able to read a book in 10 days, but even with a .15 cent per day fine, it's worth it.
marki64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-16, 07:59 PM  
Messe

I'm reading an advance copy of Peter Robinson's next Inspector Banks novel, When the Music's Over, which will be published in August. I really love the way Robinson develops his characters and builds his stories.

You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have. — Maya Angelou
Messe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-16, 07:36 AM  
sherry7899

I have posted this site before, but in case anyone missed it-they have a monthly newsletter where I get a lot of book suggestions. I love British authors, so it's right up my alley:

http://www.lovereading.co.uk/

Enjoy!
Sherry

Liane Moriarty has a new book coming out next month. My library already ordered it at my request.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
audiobooks, books, kindle, overdrive, reading, summer reading