Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-06-15, 10:24 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
Judy- you may like the Irish author Emma The Hannigan. Her book "The Pink Ladies Club" was very well written.
Listen to Sherry--she's the one who got me into Marian Keyes! I read her 5(?) Walsh sister books and a few others; I think I need to go back and take a look at what else she has to offer. I've been so busy though that I'm not reserving fiction at the library like I used to, as I'm just not going through it very quickly any more!

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-15, 05:32 PM  
Sissy B

I just finished The Diva Wraps it Up, book 8 in the Domestic Diva series by Krista Davis. This one takes place at Christmas. I really like this series.
Sissy B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-15, 12:21 AM  
Sissy B

I just finished Bella's Christmas Bake Off by Sue Watson.
Old 12-07-15, 06:12 AM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by toaster View Post
Listen to Sherry--she's the one who got me into Marian Keyes! I read her 5(?) Walsh sister books and a few others; I think I need to go back and take a look at what else she has to offer. I've been so busy though that I'm not reserving fiction at the library like I used to, as I'm just not going through it very quickly any more!
Thanks, Beth!

If anyone else likes Irish fiction, please check the "Poolbeg Press" publishing company's website. There are descriptions of many books by all Irish authors.

Judy, you may also like the Irish author Roisin Meaney as well.

I am reading "A Hundred Gifts" by Jennifer Scott, which is very enjoyable. I finished Steena Holmes "The Word Game" which I cannot say was enjoyable due to the subject matter of child abuse. That wasn't holiday reading!
I started another book, but the title is escaping me. I have ten library loans that are due back at the end of December. I've finished one, and am halfway through another. I think I can renew them because there is no way I will finish them all. I don't know if they are all ones I will even want to read. I'm giving them about twenty pages to decide.

Sherry

ETA: The other book I am reading is called "The Good Neighbor." It is about a woman who started a blog to try to get over her divorce. She makes up that she is dating someone, and the blog is picked up by Philly website, so she cannot reveal her lie without giving up the blog.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-15, 12:09 PM  
lrb04

Finished another great short story by Edith Wharton -"Summer". In time for Winter.
lrb04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-15, 01:57 AM  
LynnO
VF Supporter

Ended up with the audio version of M Train by Patti Smith. I ended up liking this book. She does seem unusual and I certainly hope she is more functional in real life.

Listening to Christine by Stephen King. Good old King, I'm probably into the 4the hour and not much is happening yet. Just lots of foreshadowing, so far it is . In general I don't find horror novels scary though. So far my faves are NSO4 by Joe Hill and Colorado Kid by King.

Reading Exit Wounds by JA Jance- enjoying it, a Joanna Brady novel. About 2/3 of the way through and she just added a third plot line- one too many. I really like this character's books. More than her other main characters.

My 3M Cloud library won't take my account info. Keep trying to remember to call the library during the day or email them. My account is in good standing and my oneclick account is fine. I have had some weird problems with this app- the last time, it downloaded the books to the wrong covers- and when one book expired, there was nothing under the cover left behind. And that is the book I really want- Golden Age by Jane Smiley. There doesn't seem to be a way to redownload books without deleting the app.
LynnO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-15, 01:58 PM  
sherry7899

I feel like I am reading "Gone Girl" over again-another book where the main characters are so self absorbed and unlikeable, yet I have a compulsion to keep reading to find out what happens to them. The book is "Savage Lane" and it is a psychological suspense book by Jason Starr about the goings on in a neighborhood in a NY suburb. I can't stand any of the characters, yet I have to know how it ends. They all lie and cheat on their spouses and worse. (don't want to give anything away).

I am glad it is a library loan.

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-15, 06:32 PM  
BunnyHop

I picked up the new Mercedes Lackey/Valdemar short story anthology, Crucible the other day. Pretty much inhaled it, only part of one left to go.

Mostly I wish the more recent Valdemar books were this good.
Old 12-08-15, 11:05 PM  
Sissy B

I just finished another Christmas novel by Sue Watson, Snow Angels, Secrets & Christmas Cake. I really liked this one.
Old 12-09-15, 08:05 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

I'm reading a nonfiction book, Raising the Barre: Big Dreams, False Starts and My Midlife Quest to Dance the Nutcracker by Lauren Kessler. The title pretty much says it all. So far, I'm really enjoying it.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
audiobooks, books, reading, winter reading