Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-07-14, 10:18 AM  
spotted zebra

BBL remains one of my most fun ever workouts! I hesitated before buying but I was so glad after I did. With the different rotations Leandro offers in the guidebook I've done the one with the most cardio emphasis. Not because I wanted to lose weight, I just didn't want to gain inches like you said. Which luckily I haven't. I wish all my workouts were this fun.

ETA: I've only tried the original series.
spotted zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-14, 10:31 AM  
LoveVA

Quote:
Originally Posted by spotted zebra View Post
With the different rotations Leandro offers in the guidebook I've done the one with the most cardio emphasis. Not because I wanted to lose weight, I just didn't want to gain inches like you said. Which luckily I haven't. I wish all my workouts were this fun.

ETA: I've only tried the original series.
Was that the Classic rotation? I think that one has the most cardio. I think that's the one I need to do.
LoveVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-14, 10:49 AM  
fuzzie
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotncmom View Post
What is BLL?
Oops! That was a typo I meant BBL
fuzzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-14, 11:07 AM  
slysam

Quote:
Originally Posted by seabliss View Post
I'm doing a BBL rotation right now too. I think Bum Bum and High and Tight are the most important components of this set for reshaping the glutes and thighs. Sculpt is a good strength workout, but it's not unlike other full-body strength workouts. Cardio Axe does have you move your hips, and that may help too, but I think those first two are the most focused on the area.

This woman's results are very inspiring. Of course, she did control her eating too.
What is t about VF that makes me want to start a new or return to an old rotation every time I visit! LOL! When I did a modified BBL, I did High and Tight and Bum Bum as suggested--sometimes I swapped days according to my schedule or need for rest days but I did both of them the frequency specified each week. I think they are the core of the program and love both of them. I didn't do Tummy Tuck that often because at that time I was doing a full body strength program that involved lots of plank type core work. I didn't do sculpt at all (haven't even tried it yet). That was only because I was working through a full body strenght rotation (Venus Index) at that time so I replaced the Sculpt workouts with Venus Index. I only sometimes did Cardio Axe, I liked it, but I just need more variety in my cardio. The rotation I did called for either Cardio Axe or Bum Bum every day and sometimes both. So it had plenty of cardio unless daily cardio isn't plenty. I was taking a Samba dance and Bollywood dance live classes then so I mainly did Cardio Axe on my non-dance class days though I sometimes subbed it for some bellydance or Socacize. So I guess I did do some hip oriented dance most days during the rotation. This rotation was very time consuming though I had my best results in four weeks from it and was able to maintain those results with much less work. I probably should try it again to get back in shape after the holidays.

I think you could probably sometimes sub Bum Bum for tonique if you wanted. I like Bum Bum--think it is the most fun so you will want to try it. But to mix it up. Maybe some of Toniques floor work could be a sometimes sub for High and Tight--I haven't really done her floor work so not sure.
slysam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-14, 11:11 AM  
slysam

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveVA View Post
Was that the Classic rotation? I think that one has the most cardio. I think that's the one I need to do.
I did the one with the most cardio, I am not sure where my book is though... It isn't classic it is a fat loss rotation. I seem to recall is is the rotation for if your bum is "too big". I chose it because I was working on fat loss as well as improving fitness at the time. I was not particularly concerned with reducing my bum though--I wanted to reduce everything a little. I am a short endo/meso hourglass shape so nothing is ever really "out of proportion" on me, I just tend to look kind of "stocky" the heavier I am.
slysam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-14, 11:19 AM  
seabliss

To let you know what High and Tight is like--it's a three-part workout. Standing work with a resistance band around your feet, moving legs in different directions against resistance, with some balance and core challenge. Side-lying work that is very much like Winsor Pilates Buns and Thighs with a resistance band. And last, all-fours work with ankle weights--a variety of different leg lifts, followed by a short inner thigh sequence.
Old 01-07-14, 12:02 PM  
LoveVA

Quote:
Originally Posted by slysam View Post
I did the one with the most cardio, I am not sure where my book is though... It isn't classic it is a fat loss rotation. I seem to recall is is the rotation for if your bum is "too big". I chose it because I was working on fat loss as well as improving fitness at the time. I was not particularly concerned with reducing my bum though--I wanted to reduce everything a little. I am a short endo/meso hourglass shape so nothing is ever really "out of proportion" on me, I just tend to look kind of "stocky" the heavier I am.
I found a list of rotations in an old VF thread.

http://videofitness.com/~vfwnk/forum...d.php?t=175804

It's Slim & Lift (too big) that has the most cardio. THAT's the one I think I should do. There is a noticeable difference in the frequency of cardio used across rotations, which could affect people a lot if they generally need cardio and choose a rotation with more toning/strength.

Seabliss, I like the sound of High & Tight.

ETA: endo/meso hourglass describes me perfectly. I put on muscle and fat very easily which is why I am always careful about what types of workouts I do and how frequently I do them (e.g. too much Cathe just makes me look stocky/boxy)
LoveVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-14, 12:59 PM  
LeanneM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slysam View Post
What is t about VF that makes me want to start a new or return to an old rotation every time I visit! LOL!
LOL! I have the same problem -- every time I read about a great rotation, I want to drop what I'm doing and start something else!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveVA View Post

ETA: endo/meso hourglass describes me perfectly. I put on muscle and fat very easily which is why I am always careful about what types of workouts I do and how frequently I do them (e.g. too much Cathe just makes me look stocky/boxy)
For me, too! I think that floor work really has been the best for leaning out my lower half. When I first started working out at home, I used and loved Cathe, but I've come to realize that her workouts just don't work as well for my body type.
LeanneM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-14, 02:33 PM  
donnamp

Oh gosh, I'm feeling the need to veer off my rotation, now as well! I got the DVDs in a trade, but no background materials

Would BBL be good for handling saggy hamstrings as well as glutes?

Does anyone have any of the materials that explain what rotation you should choose based on your shape? I'm leaning toward Classic as it seems to be well balanced.

I'm also wondering how I can mix and match this w/ Body Gospel! And maybe YBB, too!

Donna
donnamp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-14, 02:50 PM  
LeanneM

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnamp View Post
Would BBL be good for handling saggy hamstrings as well as glutes?

Does anyone have any of the materials that explain what rotation you should choose based on your shape? I'm leaning toward Classic as it seems to be well balanced.

Donna
Hi Donna -- The workouts work your entire leg, so they'd be good for your hamstrings, too.

If in doubt, the Classic rotation is the one that they say will work for all body types, so I'd say to go with that one.
LeanneM is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bbl rotations, brazil butt lift, leandro carvalho