Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-04-13, 08:48 AM  
mommyofjoeyp

Barre3

I'm thinking of doing a barre3 rotation since I love barre but am currently tired of all my barre workouts (from doing them for so long!). I have a few questions and would appreciate it if someone could help me out!

1. Would it be beneficial to have the DVD's and do the online workouts?

2. I don't have a ball like the barre3 ball. If I get the dvd's I will get the ball with that however if I don't get the dvd's what type of ball can I use in it's place?

Thanks!
Old 11-04-13, 09:28 AM  
neatski

All of the DVDs in the QVC set are available as online workouts so there's no need to have both, but it depends on which medium you prefer. I don't always have Internet access so I wanted the DVDs (and it's SUCH a good deal...). Before I ordered the DVDs, I just used a small playground ball (maybe 10 inch diameter?). The squishy Barre3 ball is really awesome and I don't know that there's a perfect alternative out there but basically anything you use, you'll want to inflate only about 70% so it's still squishy. Don't fret too much about that though- you could use a rolled up towel or even a small pillow, it's just about trying to keep your posterior chain and inner thighs engaged.

The most effective workout is the one you're not doing right now!

neatski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-13, 09:36 AM  
suzy
VF Supporter

I use this ball. I believe it's exactly the same as the Barre3 ball, but without their logo. I ordered it way back when all they had was the original DVD.
suzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-13, 09:48 AM  
rosepetals

I found one at target that looks like this, with a knobby texture. It works great as it helps to keep it from slipping.

http://www.amazon.com/Edushape-Senso...ref=pd_cp_ba_2
rosepetals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-13, 10:42 AM  
RachelW

I just did my first workout from the online site last night and loved it! Hope you do too! I had done P57 only for 9 months and could not do it anymore but I'm missing how they made me look. I'm hoping this gets me back there.
Old 11-04-13, 11:02 AM  
neatski

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelW View Post
I just did my first workout from the online site last night and loved it! Hope you do too! I had done P57 only for 9 months and could not do it anymore but I'm missing how they made me look. I'm hoping this gets me back there.
I saw you posting enthusiastically about Barre3 on other threads and I just want to welcome you to the Barre3 train! Woot woot! Aren't they fabulous workouts?

The most effective workout is the one you're not doing right now!

neatski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-13, 05:49 AM  
mommyofjoeyp

Thanks for the replies and ball suggestions. Can't wait to give these a try. The only ball I currently have is the P57 ball. Would that work or do I need something more durable?
Old 11-05-13, 07:37 AM  
RachelW

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyofjoeyp View Post
Thanks for the replies and ball suggestions. Can't wait to give these a try. The only ball I currently have is the P57 ball. Would that work or do I need something more durable?
That ball will be fine. You might want to let some air out of it though.
Old 11-05-13, 11:43 AM  
superfit41
VF Supporter

I love Barre3! I have the dvd's from QVC, because I travel a lot, so online workouts do not work for me right now. I have looked at the online workouts and they seem to have lot of variety. If I could, I would probably use both. It is always good to have the dvd's for when you can't get online anyway.

Sherry
superfit41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-13, 10:16 PM  
mommyofjoeyp

Thanks everyone!