Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-25-13, 11:00 AM  
violingal3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee1forfitness View Post
Someone is about to blow-up their credit card
Come on now, you need to get on the DB bandwagon already!
violingal3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-13, 11:34 AM  
JulieIL

Quote:
Originally Posted by lavna View Post
I wish they were not so expensive!!!
I love the first series and this one seems very interesting also.
I wish the price would go down a bit...

Nathalie
ITA. The first set ($129) did go on sale for $50 for their anniversary sale, with the regular price being reduced to $99 recently (unsure if the $99 is also just a sale or a permanent price reduction).

Julie
JulieIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-13, 12:16 PM  
LoveVA

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieIL View Post
ITA. The first set ($129) did go on sale for $50 for their anniversary sale, with the regular price being reduced to $99 recently (unsure if the $99 is also just a sale or a permanent price reduction).

Julie
Yeh, but who can wait until the anniversary sale? I'm having a hard enough time waiting for Mary to get them in stock!
LoveVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-13, 01:29 PM  
gerrie

Kris,

Yes, the arm series done while against the wall in a squat (with the ball squeezed between the knees) is tough. I used 2 lb dumbbells and I was losing my form at the end-- I will use only 1 lb dumbbells next time.

But that move seems such a perfect Dream Body move to me, it combines classic moves together in a new way. I think that kind of move is also why I like the results so much from DB-- there is a relentless attack on my problem areas (the usual female trouble spots).

violingal3,

I have only done 2 of the new series (I have done the original DB workout and all of the first series dvds). I will hedge my answer to you a bit by saying sometimes new workouts seem more difficult to me than older workouts, but that can be because I have gotten better at the older workouts as I repeated them over and over.

MILF(Darby) and inTENse(Sadie) are more cardio based than Fusion Mix (Darby) and Barre(Sadie) from the first series. My first reaction is that these two newer workouts are not any easier than the first series, these are not "pure" cardio anymore than the earlier series was "pure" toning. Both series are a mix but the mix is weighted differently in the cardio series. The new series so far is showing a nice combination of moves, not just a repeat of moves from earlier dvds.

As far as demeanor goes, Darby seems quieter in MILF than Fusion Mix. Sadie seems much the same to me in both Barre and InTENse.

I am a big fan of the first series and even the original workout(pop ups or not, that is an excellent workout). I am very pleased with the first two workouts.
gerrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-13, 01:51 PM  
lavna

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveVA View Post
Yeh, but who can wait until the anniversary sale? I'm having a hard enough time waiting for Mary to get them in stock!
ITA!
Nathalie
lavna is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-13, 04:40 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveVA View Post
I'm still really on the fence, so I can wait! I just am conflicted about that horrible MILF title but if the set goes down enough over time I may get over it.
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-13, 07:53 PM  
ktlc
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cataddict View Post
I'm still really on the fence, so I can wait! I just am conflicted about that horrible MILF title but if the set goes down enough over time I may get over it.
I am totally with you on this. I have the the other workouts, but as far as I'm concerned this title alone is enough reason not to buy these. IMO it's just plain crude.

"The body achieves what the mind believes" - Unknown
ktlc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-13, 03:51 PM  
ChrisS

I ordered from Mary and after trying to be patient, I finally emailed her today to see if she knew when she would receive the DVD's. Her response was: "No, I asked her (Darby) for a tracking number a couple of days ago and she said she would check with her distributor and I haven't heard back from her yet."

Trying to continue be patient and in the meantime, thank you very much for the reviews!

Chris
ChrisS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-13, 04:28 PM  
edensmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisS View Post
I ordered from Mary and after trying to be patient, I finally emailed her today to see if she knew when she would receive the DVD's. Her response was: "No, I asked her (Darby) for a tracking number a couple of days ago and she said she would check with her distributor and I haven't heard back from her yet."

Trying to continue be patient and in the meantime, thank you very much for the reviews!

Chris
Oh my!
I am trying to be patient too and it is getting hard!
Oh well, I actually have a stack of about 6 new workouts I can try out while I wait.
edensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-13, 05:19 PM  
momofcha

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisS View Post

Chris
Me too, but I'm "thisclose" to canceling. My patience is not the best.

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dream body