Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-16-12, 07:16 AM  
kitty12

Thanks so much for sharing. After dealing with injuries at 46, months of PT, and being in bad shape, I decided I wanted to be the 50 year old that could do.....whatever it was I wanted to do. While I may have limitations due to chronic conditions I didn't want age to limit me, and I wanted to challenge the chronic conditions as well to see what I could do to improve. I am now 49 and in better shape than I think I was in my 30s. I have also exercised a lot over the years but went through a slump in my mid 40s due to boredom. Luckily exercise DVDs have helped a lot with that.

I was telling some friends just this week that once I hit that goal of 50 and not being limited, I want to continue that same attitude beyond. Thanks for sharing your story and picture as it is an inspiration for what we can accomplish.
kitty12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-12, 07:46 AM  
Sara1000

Nevermind - I looked it up for myself! I haven't looked into Tracy's workouts - what do you mean you're on Day 214 or Glute? Is it a workout or a rotation? Have you done the same workout 214 times?

You look incredible - you walk so much - do you listen to music while walking outside?
Sara1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-12, 03:52 PM  
Hilary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara1000 View Post
Nevermind - I looked it up for myself! I haven't looked into Tracy's workouts - what do you mean you're on Day 214 or Glute? Is it a workout or a rotation? Have you done the same workout 214 times?

You look incredible - you walk so much - do you listen to music while walking outside?
I listen to recorded books. I haven't had to join Audible yet ... our library has a ton of free downloadable books and I also copy their CDs onto my MP-3 player if they don't have a downloadable version.

There are tons of TA threads but in a nutshell I started with Hipcentric Meta. That's 9 levels with 10 days at each level. Each level is a different 30-minute workout that has standing abs and upper body work (higher levels with handweights), floor abs, and lower body floorwork. After I finished Meta, I went to Glutecentric Continuity, which works the same way ... 10 days of the same 30-minute workout and then you move to the next level. Right now I'm on Level 13 of Continuity. I generally do five TA workouts each week so that I spend two weeks at each level.
Hilary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-12, 04:58 PM  
lisarah

Just wanted to chime in & say (just like eveyone else!) that you look great for any age & amazing for 58!

Do or do not...there is no try. ~Yoda

Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world. ~Miyamoto Musashi

Group Fitness Instructor
BS in Kinesiology
lisarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-12, 05:24 PM  
KimS

Girl....I wish you'd look at those legs!!! Awesome! I've always thought that muscular leg were very attractive.
You look fab all over and your post is extremely motivating for this older chic who needs to get her arse in gear and get her fitness back!

Thanks for sharing!
KimS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-12, 08:29 PM  
KathAL79

I'm late to this thread but want to thank you for sharing your story, photos, and words of wisdom!

Note: I have had a professional relationship with a vendor of health and fitness books and media. For details please see my profile.
KathAL79 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aging, inspiration, inspirational, results