Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-22-16, 12:31 PM  
Sissy B

I finished Pride and Prejudice and Zombies by Jane Austen and Seth Graham-Smith last night. I actually saw the movie a couple of weeks ago before reading the book, and in this instance, I enjoyed the movie more.
Sissy B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-16, 12:34 PM  
Aunt Famous

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
Aunt Famous-are you the person who likes the band The Replacements? I have a vague memory-hope I have the right person! A new biography on them just came out a few days ago . The author actually got to interview Paul Westerberg I asked my library to order it, but I may buy it myself.

Sherry
Sherry: I am! Thanks for the 411. Getting an interview from Paul is quite a coup. I will look for it at my local library, too.

AF

Check out my blog at www.typeALC.com
Aunt Famous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-16, 01:50 PM  
alisoncooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sissy B View Post
I finished Pride and Prejudice and Zombies by Jane Austen and Seth Graham-Smith last night. I actually saw the movie a couple of weeks ago before reading the book, and in this instance, I enjoyed the movie more.
I wasn't a fan of the book (I much preferred the 2 Abraham Lincoln vampire books by the author)...but I'm considering watching the movie. Looked like mindless fun, which I need sometimes.
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-16, 02:05 PM  
Sissy B

Alison - I probably wouldn't have read the book if I hadn't seen the movie first. DD & I loved the movie.

I just finished The Walking Dead, Book One (Graphic Novels #1-12) by Robert Kirkman. I've never watched the show and got Season 1 from the library but it was too scratched up to play so I decided to check out the graphic novels.
Sissy B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-16, 01:15 PM  
LynnO
VF Supporter

Part way through a dozen books.

Finished Illuminae, an YA epistolary novel for today. Told in emails, IMs, documents, etc. Loved the concept, loved the first half. Took a sudden downhill turn when the heroine endangers the lives of thousands to save her boy. Then the rest is total melodrama written from the point of view of the computer and absurd silliness. Not sure how such an interesting and well written premise - then, just. (none of this is really spoilers, since it is all pretty much either spelled out or alluded to in the first couple chapters). First half a 4, the second a 1. For an overall 1.

Listening to Neuro Tribes, mostly a history of how we identified and dealt with autism. After such a great beginning to my reading/listening year, this is another that is hard to recommend. Too meandering and uneven- skips around in history and gets sidetracked a lot.
LynnO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-16, 03:40 PM  
jenn38

Recently finished Orphan Train and have just started All the Light We Cannot See.

I'm really making an intentional effort to read more and daily. For as much as I enjoy reading I get distracted by so many other things on my Ipad.
Old 02-26-16, 05:18 PM  
BunnyHop

I discovered a 'new to me' series at the library and got them all to save time.

The first is 'The Paper Magician' , author is Charlie N. Holmberg.
Next in the series: The Glass Magician, The Master Magician

I've enjoyed this series quite a lot. Like the story, the tone and the writing style.

Part of me is insanely impatient to get my copy of the new V.E. Schwab, A Gathering of Shadows. Ordered a bunch of stuff on Amazon at the same time to get free shipping, then placed a second order a few days later to get the new Jessica Smith DVD. What this likely means is that they'll take forever to process both orders and send them in one box. Sigh. The book is the only thing I'm really impatient about.
Old 03-01-16, 10:08 AM  
difit

New reading thread

Started a new Spring reading thread
http://forum.videofitness.com/showth...04#post2615904
difit is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
audiobooks, books, reading, winter reading