Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-04-20, 09:34 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday I did a 46 minute walk in the morning and that was it. I don't think I'll be walking today, we have the tropical storm coming through here soon.
It's been showering on and off all morning but I think the big stuff is coming soon. I'll try to pick a good dvd to do instead.

NORA, nice job with your workouts. I'm assuming DD has arrived and is safely quarantined for now? You must be looking forward to seeing her

PENGUIN, nice job with the dance workouts. Fun is always good. Wow that RV looks amazing. It makes me want to sell my house and live in an RV.
Have you ever considered eventually just living in the RV at some point?

Waves to all. Stay well everyone!!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-20, 09:22 PM  
patchworkpenguin

SB, Thank you. Like I said, its nicer than our house. I love the idea of 'full timing' in the RV I wouldn't want to get rid of the house, I don't think but spending months at a time traveling around sounds great. Hubby on the other hand, isn't that keen on the idea. I'm not sure why. We generally only get to take weekend or 3 day trips so I thought he would be more into the idea.

No formal workout today. I spent most of the day climbing into the RV, filling up a basket and hauling it to the other side of the house to empty everything onto the couch in the office. Up, down, In, out. I was tired! but I got most of it done. We tried to find someone to buy the old RV but eventually just gave it to our neighbor, Hubby's Bestie. They have young boys who would love the idea of camping out. Also, He's handy and would be able to fix the water damage. I'm sure Hubby's going to get roped into that, too.

"An exercise in futility still counts as exercise!"

"There's a pattern to the randomness!" ~ Artie ~ Warehouse 13

"Weakness is hard, but weakness doesn't have to mean defeat!" ~ Lysa TerKeurst

"That's the only break you get, so I hope you enjoyed it" ~~Cathe, STS, Meso 2

patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-20, 08:18 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday I started with Jessica's Feel Good Fusion strength workout but after 15 minutes or so I pulled it out and went with Gilad's Total Body Sculpting.
A nice combo. Jessica's was fine but a lot of balance work and I wasn't feeling it. The storm passed through quickly, it stopped raining by 3 or 4 pm.
I was contemplating walking then but the wind was still pretty bad and as I was looking outside the neighbor's tree came down and a huge branch fell off another tree so I figured walking probably wasn't a great idea. I am planning a walk when I'm done on here and possibly an add-on later. We did lose power for about 3 or 4 hours from 3:30 am to about 7 or so. Not too bad under the circumstances.

Today is our anniversary. No big plans. Maybe ordering out for dinner later.
That's about as exciting as it gets around here

PENGUIN, sounds like a good functional workout to me. Our neighbors sold their house a few years ago and bought an RV to travel around and live in.
Maybe hubby will change his mind one day

Old 08-05-20, 08:52 AM  
cambet

Hi Ladies,

Sunday - I didn't do a formal workout (I usually take Sunday's off), but I did finish the last phase of project clean house/floors. As if that wasn't taxing enough (), I also did yard work. I have a large back yard, so I have a riding lawn mower for that, but the front yard is smaller and very steep so while I can use the riding lawn mower for some of it (the grade puts you at a really odd angle, which makes me nervous), I ended up using the push mower for a lot of it, since the riding lawn mower struggled going up the hill. I was totally worn out by Sunday night. I did get in 12,500 steps for the day, though!

Monday - I did two Jessica 10 min walks. My vacation really kicked in as I worked for less than an hour. I was still exhausted from Sunday, so I took at least one nap. I had planned to do a CH workout at night, but I fell asleep before I got it in (only made it to 7,200 steps, which isn't bad considering that I was in chill mode for most of the day).

Tuesday - Woke up to cooler temps due to the rains from the hurricane on the coast (it was 66 degrees yesterday morning), and really had no excuse to not take a brisk walk. So I did 57 mins of mostly walking, but I threw in 3 or 4 jog intervals along the way.

Yesterday evening I had a friend over for a social distancing get together. We were going to chat on the deck, so I spent a good bit of time sweeping off the cobwebs and blowing off all of the leaves and other debris. I also set up chairs and a high speed fan. She is a cancer survivor, and even though we were at least 6 feet from each other on the deck, she said she was nervous that it wasn't enough, so we ended up moving into the yard/grass and she positioned herself about 10 feet away. With the high speed fan on, which was mostly trained on me, it was hard to hear her, but I wanted her to feel comfortable. Doing all of the cleaning of the deck to prepare for her arrival, especially in the heat, felt like another workout. I was dripping sweat. It also helped with the step count; I got in 15,300 steps yesterday!

I also didn't send ANY work emails yesterday, so it was nice to disconnect for the day. I have a few to send today, but I'm limiting my time to an hour Not sure what workout I'll do today.

SB - (ETA: I was typing, so I didn't see your post until after I posted. Happy Anniversary! Sorry to hear that you lost power) -Glad you've been able to get in some walks. You kind of helped to inspire me yesterday morning because I was on the fence about taking a walk and I thought, well I've been saying in the check-in that I'm going to get back to it but we've been commenting on how hot it has been. It's 66 degrees. I really have no excuse so just do it! And I did it! And it felt great! I've never done a Gilad workout. Hmmm. . . I hope the tropical storm is not too bad by the time it gets to you. About the cleaning, I've been working so much that I let the cleaning fall by the wayside. If you saw how messy it's been around here, you'd see why the cleaning has been totally necessary!

Penguin - What exciting news about the RV! A co-worker of mine just sold her RV. Her husband passed away a couple of years ago; they would travel cross country during the summers and she finally realized that she was never going to travel in it again without him, so she decided to sell it. She said that she got 17 calls within the first 3 hours of listing it on FB Market Place! She was telling me how people are buying RVs left and right now because of the pandemic (I also saw a news story about it). So, that's so exciting that you all found one that you liked and were able to snatch it up! Wow, it is super nice and looks so comfortable! I hope that you all enjoy it for many years to come. I'm planning to look up some of the workouts that you mention.

Terri - Great job with your workouts! I haven't gotten around to it, but I need to take another look at my CS workouts one of these days. Kudos to you for putting on the new lock!

Nora - Hope you get to try the pilates class soon. I was also planning to check out that step channel mentioned on the GD page.

Waves to All!
Old 08-05-20, 02:24 PM  
glavtx
VF Supporter

Hi everybody!

The past couple of days my exercise has been walking, balance, and CS waist. I did mow the back yard this morning, and even though it was only 10 A.M., it turned into a sweatfest!

Penguin, that RV looks great! I was surprised how much storage there is -- like on the Tiny House shows (I used to watch them when I had cable.)

SB, Happy Anniversary!

Cambet, good going with getting so many steps in. It won't be in the 60's here till November, unfortunately.

Nora, I tried some walking stuff from a GD link too, and did mean to go back and try some others, but forgot about it.

If the only prayer you say in your life is Thank You, that would suffice.
Meister Eckhart

It is our resistance to things as they are that causes most unhappiness.

When you rise in the morning, give thanks for the light, for your life, for your
strength. Give thanks for your food and for the joy of living. If you see no
reason to give thanks, the fault lies in yourself. Tecumseh
glavtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-20, 02:43 PM  
patchworkpenguin

I wasn't planning on doing a workout today but I discovered that most of the stuff I can get is out of the camper already. I'm not moving that mattress by myself! I think we'll have to move the camper to get it out anyway.

I wanted something light and easy so I did Fitness by Cindy's Low Impact Cardio Dance {light, easy with fun music} and Around the World Dance Cardio {this one was a little peppier, I should have done this first!} I like her music choices, but I wish she had told us which country each song was from.

since its in poor shape, we decided to give the old camper to our neighbors with young boys down the street. I'm sure Hubby will get roped into helping him fix it, so at least he knows how now.

The firecrackers went off again last night. Once about 12;30 and then again, when I had almost fallen asleep. At least Hubby slept though it.

SB, Happy Anniversary! I'm not a big fan of balance work. I do realize the more I do it the better I'll get but I still don't like it. Losing power drives me nuts but at least if its at night I don't care as much.

Cambet, that's a lot of steps on Sunday. I'm glad to hear you are finally getting part of your vacation! Yay on the cooler temps and jogging intervals. Its 82* here, which I appreciate since I'm cleaning out the metal box! We bought the one we are selling from my parents neighbor. He retired and had a small stroke so she wanted them to get out, do things, and see the family. After his second stroke, the camper sat empty for a while until we bought it. We were a little afraid to tell her we painting the inside. Most campers in our price range are small and dark, that's why I was so thrilled with this one! and its only a little over our price range :P.

Terri, I'm sorry to hear its so hot there! Good job on getting out and getting the yardwork done. We liked to watch the Tiny House shows also. It seems the trend in RVs is small windows and less storage. Our old one had cabinets everywhere but some of the ones we looked at only had kitchen cabinets and a smallish pantry. I couldn't understand it. We don't really pack a lot for our shorter trips but I wonder about the full timers.

stay well guys!

Old 08-06-20, 08:29 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday I did a 40 minute morning walk and that was it. I was kind of tired from a lousy night's sleep during the storm and DS and his gf came over in the afternoon which is usually when I do my dvd workout so it all worked out.
Thanks for the anniversary wishes. It was nice. We ordered dinner in and played some card games afterwards with my kids and DS' gf.

It's actually almost cool this morning and I'm planning a walk soon if it doesn't rain. I hope to add on some weight work or pilates later too.

CAMBET, that's some great step counts you've been getting with the yardwork and cleaning. I'm glad if I helped in any way to get your walk in. And it sounds like a good one. I have a couple of friends coming over on Saturday to visit in the backyard and I'm really kind of dreading it. The one friend is from out of state and she'll be in town for a shower and she contacted me to get together so I feel bad refusing. I'm more concerned about the other friend who I'm not even sure is coming, but she's the one who hasn't been following the protocols for covid and she just irks me. lol

TERRI, nice job with your walking, CS and mowing. I find balance work on the difficult side so I avoid it and it's probably what I need the most.

PENGUIN, sounds like another fun workout. Well done. Yes I was impressed with the numerous large windows in the RV. It really looks wonderful.

Waves to all. Stay well everyone!
Old 08-06-20, 10:01 PM  
patchworkpenguin

Hubby got his new schedule last night and its not as dire as we thought, for now. He's still in 'training' so he'll be on days, until December, with Thurs, Friday and Saturday off. We weren't expecting to get any part of the weekend.

I redid part of my chores schedule, no sense changing everything and then having to change it again in a few months, and then redid most of my workout schedule.

Tomorrow we are taking the camper to our friends house. We took everything out of it this evening, then just sat in it for a while, talking about all the places we've been in it.

SB, I'm glad you had an anniversary party, even if it was just family. sometimes those are the best anyway.

Old 08-07-20, 08:05 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all!!

Yesterday I did a 55 minute walk in the morning and Gilad's Total Body Sculpting Vol 1, workout 3 in the afternoon. I am planning a walk soon and hopefully I'll add on some weights or pilates later.

PENGUIN, hubby's schedule doesn't look bad at all. 3 days off is nice.
I guess the shifts are longer than 8 hours though. Aww that's sweet that you sat and reminisced in the camper.

Old 08-07-20, 02:13 PM  
patchworkpenguin

SB. shifts are 10 hours, which isn't really that bad. We've been on this shift before and its pretty nice having an extra day off just for staying a few hours more each day. This is 5:30 to 3:30pm so its helps if you are a morning person. We generally don't like having weekends off because everyone else is trying to get out too, but with times being what they are, we are just grateful he has a job whatever the hours or days!

I had a Goldilocks workout again. I wanted to try Garage Girl Fitness so I did a search for her but ended up doing a workout by Fit by Larie. Not sure why she popped up in my search but she was okay. I did 20m low impact cardio with her. Probably won't do her again.

Then I tried Caroline Jordan LI cardio but I really didn't click with her so I only did a few minutes. she was trying way too hard to be positive.

Then I did Mr and Mrs Muscle LI cardio #15. I have done a few of their strength workout but didn't know they did cardio. The set is an apartment with huge windows, happy music, timers, but no instructions, just music. I liked it and put them on the list to do again. Mrs M was demonstration the moves, there were about 8 and then we repeated 4 times? No warm up or CD which I do on my own anyway. Usually to the beginning of the next video YT decided to play.

Happy Friday!