Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 08-06-20, 02:53 PM  
Dorothy J
VF Supporter

Happy August, Everyone! Thank you for the birthday wishes!!

(Yes, AnMrsDe, you caught me! I try to do as many push-ups as my age, so I did this month's batch before my birthday! )

To celebrate, we did a 20 minute beach walk. It felt SO GOOD to enjoy some nature, especially since we missed pretty much our entire hiking season (winter & spring here in Florida) thanks to the quarantine.

"You want to go into life feeling great, feeling strong, and as you get older, feeling even stronger!" Gin Miller
Dorothy J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-20, 08:28 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Dorothy, I'm sorry to have missed your birthday. I hope it was happy! My son is a Leo, too. One of my favorite signs.

Bex, I'm happy for you the surgery is behind you. It sounds like you're on the road to recovery. How did you get those adorable stars on your page?

TGIF everyone.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-20, 11:08 PM  
cdayley

Hi, ladies. Tonight I did a 2 mile treadmill walk and The Firm - Sculpted Buns, Hips and Thighs. I'm exhausted after a full day of looking at schedules on the computer.
Dorothy, your push-ups are impressive!
AnMrsDe, it's definitely going yo be a different year.
Pat, enjoy your weekend!
Bex, I'm glad youvare listening to your body.
Chrys Dayley
cdayley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-20, 08:07 AM  
Cher

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnMrsDe View Post

I'm missing Cher this month! It's never too late to join!
Just popped in to scan thread and saw this. I just got lazy about putting my workouts in everyday. I’ve mainly been trying to get in some weight workouts and walking. DH got called back to work and is hating every minute of it and wants to retire so I’ve been researching and working on all that stuff.

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY DOROTHY! Sorry I missed it. I hope you had a great day!
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-20, 03:36 PM  
cdayley

Hi, ladies. Yesterday I walked on the treadmill and worked in the garden for six hours. We are trying to get the last row of roses weeded, barked, and mulched before Fall. DH is re-doing the rock wall he built about 20 years ago, which is awesome. We only have Saturdays to work on it now, so they are long days. I'm planning on a treadmill walk today too.
Cher, retirement is a big step, but when you are ready, you are ready. That's how my DH was - he knew when it was time to go.

Chrys Dayley
Old 08-09-20, 06:25 PM  
AnMrsDe

Good to hear from you, Cher! Thanks for 'splaining! Hoping things fall into place with the retirement.

Chrys, glad at least that your DH helps you with your garden! You guys are troopers!! Plus a treadmill workout - jeesh!! Does DH walk on the TM also?

Hope everyone had a great weekend!
AnMrsDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-20, 07:54 PM  
amg

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnMrsDe View Post

amg, how is your floor renovation project? Great job on the workout front during all that!
Thanks for asking! The new dining room floor is down and the new furniture is in place. I must say that I smile every time I pass the dining room. I really love the new floor we picked out and dining room set. It also forced me to get rid of so much stuff that we never used or need in our China cabinet.

My husband has some sheet rock to put up and paint in our living room. The dishwasher hose was pushing the water straight on that living room sheetrock but it was only a small area. Hopefully, we can start on it this week. Then, everything will be back to normal.

Dorothy Happy Belated Birthday!

Hope everyone is having a good month!
Old 08-09-20, 08:18 PM  
cdayley

AnMrsDe, DH walks the dog every day. I didn't go with him yesterday because I was doing yard work with our son at his house
amg, sorry about the flood but it's great you love your new floor!
Chrys Dayley
Old 08-10-20, 12:05 AM  
bex

Dontmindthemess, Chrys, Char, Dorothy, Pat, AnMrsDe, and everyone – thank you for your support in reminding me that healing takes time, and I need to let that happen. I’m dying for the Dr to give me the ok for gentle bike rides, but suspect that might be another 1-3 weeks.

AnMrsDe – Your quote “Finally listening to the body, I am,” made me laugh out loud! I will study and learn, Master Yoda!

Tangerine – you’re making me want to try Barlates and Dontmindthemess – you’re really making me want to try Penny Barnshaw. I like the look of those workouts, but I know they’re months away for me.

AsSweetAsSugar – Great to be working out with you again. I just noticed you have 八月 as one of your names for August. You’re a clever multi-linguist.

Pat – I just copy & pasted the stars in and they showed up. Feel free to do likewise!

Everyone, hope you're staying cool. Shanghai is sauna weather.
bex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-20, 10:58 AM  
AnMrsDe

Quote:
Originally Posted by amg View Post
Thanks for asking! The new dining room floor is down and the new furniture is in place. I must say that I smile every time I pass the dining room. I really love the new floor we picked out and dining room set. It also forced me to get rid of so much stuff that we never used or need in our China cabinet.

My husband has some sheet rock to put up and paint in our living room. The dishwasher hose was pushing the water straight on that living room sheetrock but it was only a small area. Hopefully, we can start on it this week. Then, everything will be back to normal.
Sounds like it's coming along great! I know what you mean, at least my ice maker leaking issue lead us to update a bedroom! And in this case, a nursery for my little girlie I watch. I sure had fun shopping for that room...and I smile every time I walk past it since I know it'll be used for a grand baby someday too.

LOL Bex!!

Re: that thread about the missing check-ins....we can only access back to August 2019 now.. How glad am I that I print out every month of my check-ins??? At least I can go back to hard copies to view what I did for each month. It pays to be "old school" sometimes, eh??
AnMrsDe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
just the workouts