Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 07-28-20, 06:46 AM  
AnMrsDe

Arrow Just The Workouts ~AUGUST 2020~*Everyone Welcome!*

AUGUST 2020

No set rotation this month...just trying to stay consistent and motivated. I have the new KCM's and Cathe's coming (not this month for Cathe's, LOL), so I'll have something new to look forward to and hopefully, keep me out of a funk.

1 - KCM 30 MTF Strength & Stamina (Bonus Step 2x-42 min.); Short & Sweet (Lauren's class) These both qualify for the "short & sweet" theme here, although Kelly's w/o seemed like I was viewing it for the first time (man, her cueing is awful!!), but after doing it 2x today, it was even more fun!! I wanted to break in my new step w/ 2 risers (FYI-see end of July thread for info), and it worked great! I just wish the risers clicked into place so I know the step is secure (I guess I'm still used to my Reebok). Lauren's class is just superb - really love this dvd!!
2 - Cathe's Step Boss PHA 3 (Main program; Bonus Abs; Extended Lying Stretch=72 min.) Thought I would try this one again now with my step topper....I liked it a lot more this time around!! It's not as fun as the Lives but I found it hard to notice such things since I was busy taking my topper on and off so often, LOL! Using just the topper instead of a 6" Reebok step was much more doable for my hip flexors on those lower body moves. And this time around, I matched Cathe's weights instead of going 2-3# heavier for most weighted exercises...that doesn't sound like a whole lot more poundage, but on these certain exercises, it seemed to make a big difference for me. She really works you hard and I was breathin' but I felt it didn't have that dread factor for me and I felt so accomplished! I also thought I'd try the Ab Stacker bonus since I now have the "real" equipment! That was HARD!! And it sounded like fireworks going off in my basement the noisy way I was trying to stack them - how the crew does it so quietly is beyond me!!! My kitty even came down to see what all the noise was, haha! So glad I tried this dvd again!

3 - 3.57 mile walk pushing the baby; Five Parks Yoga (Take The Time to Move Your Body Yoga Class -24 min.); Winsor Buns & Thighs Great cooler weather for an outdoor walk!
4 - AngieFitnessTV 60 Min. Rebounding & PHA Interval Weight Training (took me 90 min.); stretch I had to try this one after 2lazy's review of it. As far as rebounding workouts go, this one was really fun (despite my freezing issues). I finally found one whose bounce matches mine! She has a bigger rebounder though and I wish she would've shown holding onto her T-bar stability bar more, since I use mine all the time by pushing down on it with my arms while doing the HiiT jumps. Your range of motion is so much better for height of the jumps as well as getting breathless, not to mention staying safe while jumping! Anyway, she'd do upper/lower body exercises then some cardio exercises in a circuit (not Cathe's way of showing one upper/lower/cardio in one of her Lives.) But I had major internet buffing throughout but I used it as a way to get in more reps, so I got a REALLY good workout! Soon after I finally took my laptop upstairs to reboot, HER freezing issues arose at the 58 min. mark, LOL! But easy to follow along since the audio was still going. She did most of the strength moves lying on her rebounder, but I found it awkward since mine is smaller, so I just used my bench. You have plenty of time getting your weights and to the bench with her non-stop talking! I used a playground ball, 6# ankle weights, and 10's & 12's. I was so happy to see Angie take off her ankle weights before jumping on her rebounder which would not be a good practice for the knees. Also, I wore shoes...she is shown doing the workout barefoot. 556 cal burn after all that...burned more calories than she did for once, but I had to add on 30 more minutes, LOL!
5 - Cathe Live Glutes & Thighs #293 (60 min.); stretch Four rounds of lower body exercises and each round gets repeated once. It is mostly standing except the last two rounds. I went a little heavier than Cathe on most, but holy hannah, it was LUNGE CITY!! I think I would've liked this one better had she included some balance leg work in this, and that's what I did on the 2nd round of lunges...I also did one legged DL's with my back leg raised. Sixty minutes just seemed so long to only be working lower body and Cathe is by herself (which made it seem even longer to me)!
6 - 3.88 mile walk thru another neighborhood w/ lots of hills; Yoga30For30 (Stamina) Great cooler weather (soon to come to an end) and fantastic walk today. I would've finished out the 4 miles but I had to pee sooo bad, I couldn't do it! (And no, I refuse to use the porta-potty by the lake!) LOVE the Stamina class soooo much, as it still gives me that great balance challenge. I think I was as sweaty as the dude in the front row (still major sweaty from my walk!). My yoga mat is really needing a good scrub, LOL! Ended with a 650 cal burn. Cool!
7 - Michelle's Yin Yoga
8 - Michelle's Yin Yoga
9 - Michelle's Yin Yoga My lower back has been talking to me ever since that rebounder workout, and laying on the floor has been the only thing I felt like doing. Finally listening to the body, I am. ;0)

10- Five Parks Yoga (Lower Back & Hip Stretch & Strengthen Yoga Class=39 min.) Another great one for stretching hips and lower back. Not feeling so great...went and got tested but was negative. Yay!
11- Yoga30For30 Yin; Restore; Yard Work (1.5 hours) I picked up debris from last night's storm...just so thankful it was just twigs & branches with no damage. Lots of areas nearby had power outages and trees uprooted, etc. Yikes!
12- Caroline Girvan's 15 min. Intense Arms Workout W/ DB's This was more like 20 min. I was wanting some weighted arm work and this was perfect. Works the bi's & tri's ...some of the dips I changed up to skull crushers & kick backs. Caroline is just adorable and seems so sweet! I appreciated all her smiles.
13- Winsor B&T; Michelle's Yin Yoga
14- Five Parks Yoga (Strength & Stretch For the Whole Back Body Yoga Class) Loved this great flow that stretches the spine so well and included balance work as well.
15- KCM Strong & Lean (Workout 1 - Weights); Yoga30For30 (Intention) Love Kelly's total body workout to get in/out and since I used 10's & 12's, it was perfect for an easier day. This premix may be worth the cost of this dvd to me...
16- Yoga30For30 (Gentle) Ahhh...so good. [My upper back so sore today from Kelly's workout...I'm sure it's the band work that is the culprit!].

17- KCM 30 MTF Super Sculpt (Workout 3 w/ Step Ups=Special Premix 33 min.); stretch I really liked this one!! Loved the FW band work and so happy to have a new FW band workout!!! This premix was PERFECT for me getting used to cardio again (and there is very little in this premix, so I chose the right one!). I used 10's and 1 riser to keep everything low key. This probably wouldn't get my HR up normally, but today it sure did (which proves I'm still not feeling 100% but much better since the past 2 months). At least I didn't feel like I was going to die from doing any form of cardio, LOL! Loved the basic step moves (not choreographed at all), but WHY OH WHY can't Kelly say "Just One More Rep!" at the end of the sequence??? I always kept on going until I *saw* she was quitting, ugh! It's not my job to count!!!!! I don't know why I'm surprised, it should be a 'given' of her less-than-adequate cueing, but I guess I hoped that each dvd she'll improve. (I have a feeling the other dvd will be way worse since it's more choreographed). I also made a note to do a better w/u since she goes right into the FW band work and my lower body could have used more. All that said, I got a great workout today and a decent calorie burn, but more importantly, I am still feeling good and not totally exhausted. Baby steps...//ETA: finished cleaning upstairs (did most yesterday); then Fall cleaned the basement after a long weekend of grand-kitties here! Vacuumed off couches, dusted, washed curtains, rug, etc. A couple days ago I could hardly walk across the room without getting winded! Feels so good to feel so good!
18- LITE Metabolic Blast (TS #3-No Met. Floor, Six Pack Abs 2, stretch); 4.25 hours of working in DS' flower beds This was my own premix and I enjoy this one more without the floor work. I love it - it is so much fun and if I was consistent about noting when I did it last, it was almost shy of a year since I've done it!//ETA: Evidently I wasn't consistent in noting everywhere last time I did this one: my index card inside my dvd case states that I did it in April of this year. A hilarious coincidence: I also worked in DS' flower beds that day too, LOL!//This is the perfect time to be using this series when I'm not feeling my best. It is absolutely perfect weather today (79*) for yard work and my tan lines are visible from my sports tank. It almost made up for DS not keeping up with the weeds and overgrown plants. :rolley eyes:
19- LITE Strong Body Stacked Sets Upper (Mish Mosh Scrambled 1 premix=36 min.) Loved this premix! Puts a new spin on the workout by changing up the order and it didn't seem repetitive to me doing the sequence twice. Today I matched Cathe's weights (no going heavier) and it was just right! So happy to have this set on days like this, although I'm feeling better each day.
20- 2.52 mile walk; AngieFitnessTV (15 min. Flexibility/Mobility/Stretching) I could really feel like I am not up to my usual speed walking pace yet as my heart was pumping & had to exert more effort. My cal burn showed it: 347 cal...I usually burn 100+ per mile (so I would've burned around 250+ normally). (Another reason why I wear a HRM w/strap...to monitor my HR and my walking app always shows waaay lower calories burned than the HRM on normal days). Yet another tip I noticed: when I stroll the baby and have my app activated & phone placed in the stroller, it shows waaaaay less steps than when I carry my phone in my pocket! These apps are just not accurate; only for mileage, it seems, although I never really drove my routes lately since I started using it; maybe I should! Anyway....Angie's stretch was great and bookmarked! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9gfVbezL2Q Half is standing and half is floor work. It doesn't quite hit the legs/hips like my Yin Yoga does after a walk, but she includes a psoas stretch in there which was wonderful. She states the stretch uses the band but doesn't really use it. I've never seen her doggy before and he wanted to play so bad at the end! I was so bummed she didn't even give him a pat on the head!! :0( Poor baby.
21- LITE Strong Body Stacked Sets Lower (Mish Mosh Scrambled #2 Premix--Abs mixed in=48 min.); Mow Max (1.25 hours); Yard Work @ Parents (1 hour) This premix is just so fun as far as LB workouts go and adding in ab work after both sequences, I get it all done at once. Just love the alternating cross tap lunges and the side/crossback/side lunge combo! Cathe really manages to do fresh moves in this one. It took not feeling so well to grab these LITE workouts off my shelf. I really enjoy the weight workouts; the Lower Body workout more so than the Upper, but the ab work is easy so that's another plus!
22- UY Balance Still dislike this one the most. I had to come out of Shoulder Stand to FF thru Travis' story, ugh! Couldn't listen again. LOL
23- KCM 30 MTF Boxfit (Workout 3 Box & Pump=Special Premix 53 min.) This premix was fun and I was pleasantly surprised Kelly's cueing wasn't so awful! :0) Starts with 3 different strength exercises (repeated once) for each muscle group with boxing blocks in between each group with a few ab exercises at the end. I changed up the last sit up to holding plank for the duration. I liked the format! The very first back exercise (back rows--I never do her lawnmower twist--just normal rows), Kelly's sides were uneven (natch). One side she does 19 (and what is up with that? Why not an even 20?), and the other side she does 17 or 18. Ugh. So I had to count everything from there on out to make sure both sides were even. Most of the moves thereon used both arms (I did both arms for chest work at the end where she does one at a time, so I wasn't counting those). The Boxing combos were fun and non-complicated so she didn't need to cue much. ;0) At one point, though, she says "back kick" during the combo in which she meant "back knee in", as there are absolutely no kicks in this premix. (I wish there were but I suppose this is boxing and not k/b). If you can overlook all the miscues, inconsistencies and uneven reps, it's pretty fun! In these two new workouts, I did miss the R backgrounder who was in KCM's Strong & Lean who always put her all into the punches and SMILED!! Mostly frowns and really drab garb & setting in these. The music, I think, was similar or even the exact same? as Super Sculpt with the annoying bell, but thankfully, Kelly includes a music off option which I'll be using. I used 10's & 12's and 2# weights instead of weighted gloves today. Cal burn was 347 cal which wasn't too shabby. Pleasantly surprised!! Anxious to try more on this dvd.

24- KCM 30 MTF Boxfit (3 Boxing Combos w/ Legs-25 min. minus abs/stretch); KCM 30 MTF Super Sculpt (Box & High Step Jumps-28 min.) I won't get the baby till lunchtime, so I thought I'd try more on Kelly's dvd's. I used 12's, 15's, and 25's for BF...I didn't think the legs get worked much (even with this Legs Premix), as there are very few reps and time I figured out my weights, she had 2 reps done. Sigh. Hopefully will be better next time now that I know the poundage to use. I like the combos but "Boom!" is not a cue, Kelly! ;0) haha I was glad I checked out this dvd by doing Workout 3 first, as that one I found more fun. Onto SS Premix and the High Jumps as I wanted to check out this premix...Again, I liked the boxing combos (very basic) but I always finish out the combo--sometimes Kelly doesn't when the time is up and is one of my big pet peeves next to uneven reps! But this premix consists of a boxing sequence followed by a sequence of jump variations onto the high step...very boring (and tiring!). I just did step ups & j. jacks on top of the step for several then the last set, I finally got smart (or tired?!) and took off my topper and jumped with both feet onto that. I am used to Yvette and Cathe doing step filler moves during high step jump ups which I find so much more fun! Once again, glad I didn't check out this dvd the first time doing this premix. I'll gladly stick with the other premixes for now. Cardio-wise, I could keep up today and I still feel good so there's that at least!
25- Rest day
26- Five Parks Yoga (Active Flow & Core Strength Yoga Class=43 min.) I liked the format of this class: floor stretches, then a flow, then floor stretches all working core throughout. Fantastic class - loved the eagle legs/arms in supine---never seen that before! Love Erin!!//A "fun" day of grocery shopping followed by taking parents to an appt....:0)
27- LITE PHA 2 (Mish Mosh Scrambled #2 - Abs mixed in after Rounds 1B & 2B=54 min.); extra stretch; ETA: 45 min. of easy yard work (cleaning leaves off patio & watering) and it seemed like I just got out of the shower(!) I was reminded what a great workout this is and how much I enjoy these exercises in this more so than Cathe's Step Boss PHA! This one just seems to flow so much better (exception on this premix after the last ab exercise in the first round, she goes from the floor to jumping in with the side lunge with no notice, so I added the rep or two at the end). In Step Boss, it seems you're taking your topper on/off so much and is just so choppy. I matched Cathe's weights on 4 exercises and was pleased it was so easy to go heavier on the rest but I was breathin'!! I used 5's-25's# (but no 8's or 10's) and have an "up" arrow for pull-overs; 322 calories; and was in the fat burning mode for almost half of the workout. It seems like I got my cardio in after all!
28- Yvette Bachman All Out Cardio & Shoulder Mash Up! (59 min.- her most recent); Stretch Well, I won't know if I could make it thru one of her classes until I just.do.it! And I DID it and made it thru, even had my step at 8" like her! This was a very FUN workout and I really enjoyed working out again with Yvette!!! It has tons of variety with the use of an 8" step, med ball, weights, & jump rope! I only used 12#'s (and just shoulder work only), and for the jump rope, I used my cool, short-handled ones from JNL. It is a space hog, however, and for those moves running back/forth; jumping up and back, I did med. intensity jumps on my rebounder, since those moves were meant to be recovery moves. There's a really fun choreographed step sequence (for Yvette) at the end but I was getting tired, so no extra fancy foot work for me - just the basics! :0) Really a fun, endurance class and probably one of Yvette's easier ones since she does a lot of recovery moves with the ball and core work, but I had LOTS of FUN today and feel so accomplished!! 490 cal burn
29- 3.20 Mile Walk; Michelle's Yin Yoga Beautiful coolness this morning! This is MY kind of weather!
30- Five Parks Yoga (Vin/Yin Live Fusion Yoga Class (64 min.) This was a fantastic Sunday morning class complete with a little more Vinyasa focus than Yin focus and was perfect! Great hip opener as well.

31- KCM 30 MTF Strength & Stamina (Step Bonus); Upper Body (Upper & Swings Premix); KCM 30 MTF Strong & Lean (Workout 1 (Weights); stretch Ending the month with the same (step) workout as on the 1st. :0) But this time, it went really well and I didn't get mad at Kelly! I just ignored her when she sat on the step, kept my mouth shut, continued on and did what I was supposed to do. ;0) Fun workout today!! LOVED the Upper Body premix (1st time for that one) and with the KB swings, you still work lower body as well. I used 12's, 15's, & 15# KB. Thought I could do more, so I added on her Weight workout from S&L. I did the workout as is, but I subbed DB's for the barbell exercises and used 12's, 15's, and black tubing this time around. It was hard to get the tubing adjusted for the k/b's today, so I just stood and did k/b's that way. That band work is tough and I could really feel it. Also, today I followed Kelly alternating the flyes since my arms were fried by then! (Earlier I did both arms). Doing these two workouts make me question why Kelly couldn't use these backgrounds in her newest dvd's instead of that drab, plain look? Not to mention using Jane & Lauren as backgrounders also! Great combo today! 469 cal burn when all said & done!
AnMrsDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-20, 06:49 AM  
tangerine

**August**

August 1 - Pahla B Hot 100 as warm up + 20 mins of stretching (30 m)
August 2 - Barlates Easy Flow Cardio (5 mins) as warmup + Barlates Target 15 Barre (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7n3j8aSdNA) - wore my HR and was surprised how much my HR stayed in zone and also by the calorie burn for a 'non-cardio' workout [kept feet mostly flat to protect knees, modified curtsy lunges to rear lunges] + stretching (25m, 182 cals) Before bedtime, did a Paula Lay/YoginiMelbourne 5 minute shoulder and neck routine: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZFYjKkZuuU

Week 2:

August 3 - Barlates Endurance 70 Up and Down (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdEdehxYraw) pretty tough! And SO many curtsy lunges that will tweak my knees...had to modify a lot for this one. It is one move standing, one move on the floor. A lot of work for the outer thighs, glutes, and obliques, lifting leg to the side and to the front. Quite a bit in down dog position, including pushups and glute raises. + Barlates Target 10 Outer Thigh [worked opposite side from Linda] + Barlates Express Mat Glute Bridge (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmoD1nPBNDo) + self stretching (~60m)
August 4 - Grocery shopping day, no workout besides walking around the store
August 5 - Barlates Energy Flow Band (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_e6eezMoFyI) - I started this up just to try it as a warm up since I liked the twisting motions at the start of the workout but I loved it so much I kept going through the first set of leg work and then skipped ahead to the abs at the end. Total of about 20 minutes, really enjoyed this one! I will have to come back and try it in full. Linda is super creative with the band in this one. + Barlates Target 15 Abs (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJ3YdFCHKWM) - first time trying this one and I liked it a lot! + Finally I did Barlates Target 20 Inner Thighs (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUP4nuvp0M4) which is my favorite inner thigh workout from Linda. My thighs were already a bit worked from the first workout so this one made my inner thighs shake like crazy and I dropped the ankle weights for the second half of it - pretty sure my inner thighs will be super sore tomorrow. + stretches. I felt really AMAZING after today's workout, not sure what exactly did it but it's a great feeling. (~65m)
August 6 - Barlates Apartment Fever Combinations (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0poEFoMZZ_0) - tough tough tough! Lots of shoulder work, this workout is quite rough on the wrists. Very challenging and creative moves as usual. + Barlates Front of Thigh Back of Thigh - one of my favorites for the quads and hamstrings. This one was difficult to complete all the way through after Combinations, slowed done some reps but it still burned out my quads good! [worked same side as Linda] + stretches (90m)
August 7 - 20 minutes walk at the Park, nice and deserted so we wandered around by the lake trail
+ Barlates Fusion Flow Dynamic[/I] (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D806rn9F3hI) - I've done this one before, it is a nice stretch workout. Stretches mostly the lower body, all standing, uses a chair that you hold for balance and put your hands on the seat. Starts with a slight stretch for the shoulders and side body to warm up. Then leg swings back and forth, followed by opening the leg in a big circle to the back and then a set circling it forward. Then down dog glute raises to stretch out hamstrings and hip-flexors.
Next, a side body move that stretches ITB and outer thigh, adds in a glute stretch with figure 4 to the same move. Ends with swinging inner thigh stretch.
+ 5 minute Classical Stretch Upper Body workout from YT (30m)
August 8 - Body Project 10 minute workout (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYyNM9pmOlA) + Barlates Endurance 90 - first 15 minutes, trying it out but it has a lot of pivoting moves with shoes on....doesn't work on my carpet, might try again with barefoot + Barlates Target 20 Glutes + Barlates Target 10 Outer Thighs + Barlates Target 10 Abs (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJLiTvbsTuM) - used the ball for part of the moves but still not loving it, I get a better burn in obliques without it + stretches (~75 mins)
August 9 - Barlates Beginner Loop Abs - subbed ankle weights for band after the initial twisting section + Barlates Target 15 Weighted Upper [subbed step for stability ball] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYXEeaJNGIo (45 mins)

Week 3:
August 10 - Feeling stiff and a bit winded today so I did 15 mins of Dance Cardio off YT to loosen up and get some good breathing going + Barlates Target 20 Inner Thighs + stretching (45 mins)
August 11 - I've been craving a Firm workout for a while so I did 30 minutes Maximum Calorie Burn + Abs with Allie today, used the fanny lifter for some moves but mostly not + Barlates Target 10 Quads, tried using a Pilates band, it was a bit awkward, better use ankle weights next time. Still better than the loop. + Barlates Express Glute Bridge + stretches (~55 mins)
❉ August 12 - Rest Day
❉ August 13 - Emergency shopping day - we ran out of OJ and Milk eek!
August 14 - Barlates Target 10 arms in the morning. Afternoon I did Barlates Endurance 80 Body Burner (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBwfVQCVCdQ) - holy sh$% this thing is ridiculously tough. All those elevated moves were killing me. Moved to a lower step then finally just moved to the floor toward the end of each interval. My triceps are going to hurt tomorrow ugh . [next time try with shoes, might be better] (total for day 45m)
August 15 - Barlates Beginner Intervals Compound Moves (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcwlsdE2ouY) - I really enjoyed this. HR came up quite a bit towards the end of the workout. It's also a lot less complicated than the Endurance workouts, not so many moves strung together which makes it easier on my knees. [ wore shoes and used slightly heavier weights than Linda] + Barlates Target 20 Thighs (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ix5lkw8E2zI) - this was so hard to do after all the lower body moves on Compound but I soldiered through it. Started off with light ankle weights but quickly realized that that way lay madness and took them off. It looks easier than it is, all the long lever work is so much harder than bent leg. Second half has some nice dynamic stretching in it, which felt great. [worked same side as Linda] + a lot of stretching (~1 hr 15m)
❉ August 16 - 30 minute walk outside - weather was great today, a bit rainy and very cloudy - so nice instead of summer heat! + Richard Simmons Blast off YT this is an enjoyable little workout, Richard is not great at cuing, he tries in this one but it feels very pieced together. Still a nice way to loosen up and get some cardio in. (53m)

Week 4:

August 17 - Super stressful first day of school with a ton of tech problems so lots of yoga to de-stress. 20 minutes of Crunch Candlelight Yoga + Yogini Melbourne Seated Yoga for the neck, shoulders & upper body (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tprK4ml3Z4) + Yogini Melbourne Gentle Yoga Flow spine (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXnVX5lU1Zg)
August 18 - Barlates Endurance 80 Add it on (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-31terPAbY) - enjoyed this one, seemed to tweak my right knee a bit but will see how it feels tomorrow. (40m)
August 19 - Barlates Shape it Mostly Mat (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKGre7M-ryo) Loved this workout, I *think* I've done it before, will have to check my notes. Used elevation for the down dog moves, rest on the floor. Skipped some reps to avoid aggravating the knees but they seem to mostly be okay yay. [need to add more upper body stretches after this workout, there are not enough] (43 mins)
August 20 - Various dance workout songs off YT 40 mins + Barlates Target 10 Arms the 'sky punches' type move in this workout is so tough every time + stretches (~1hr)
August 21 - Classical Stretch 1027: Feet & Ankle Strength & Mobility (AB) - did this one in the morning, it loosened up my tight calves and ankles quite a bit! + In the evening I did Classical Stretch 1025: Deep Leg & Hip Flexibility (AB) (~50m total)
August 22 - 22 mins of KickButt Steamin' Cardio + first set of Barlates Target 20 Inner Thighs + Stretches (~40 m)
August 23 - Well+Good Standing Yoga flow in the morning (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3iXM7AR0lY) nice short routine, lots of down dogs, between each move basically + Barlates Energy Flow Sculpt (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IK-krJiWywM), first 20ish minutes. Stopped at the curtsy lunges, enjoyed the flow - must revisit to do the full routine sometime. (30m)

Week 5:
August 24 - Barlates Endurance 70 Sculpt https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxlwfGYmR40- this is a great toning workout, good for strenghtening the knees + Classical Stretch 811 Unlock your spine - right shoulder has been complaining, thought this would loosen it up. It did a bit but not 100% still.
August 25 - rest day
August 26 -Barlates Target 15 Mat - first time trying it, and really disliked this workout, it's more like Target 15 fast moving abs with 90% c-curve work, will have to remember to skip this one. There are a few moves here and there for other body parts but most of it is abs. + Target 10 Outer Thighs - one of my favorites, always a good burn
Also previewed Barlates Squats and Lunges [curtsy lunges, moves too fast] will likely not do it.
August 27 - Barlates Endurance 80 Body Burner (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGzKr7Tq8mY) - Linda is not kidding, this IS a body burner. I tried shoes this time, did most of the moves on the floor again, I still felt them all. It makes me feel so accomplished when I finish this workout. One line in this workout that makes me laugh is after all the elevated moves Linda says 'We're not done yet. I have some finishers for you after this.' - I think she really IS trying to finish me off! [use shoes for 1st half, remove for elevated, use floor for elevated moves] + stretches (~45 mins)
August 28 - 30 mins of dance toning (mostly Valeo Club which is an amazing channel, here's a playlist with them altho I just used random ones https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...XjULTo24YMfds6) (256 cals) + Barlates Total 20 Ankle Weights https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OwHsnowdz4w (238 cals) Loved this workout!! Great moves, so creative. I'm always amazed how many calories Barlates burns if paired with cardio before it [no shoes, used step for elevation]+ stretches (~1hr)
August 29 - Barlates Energy Sculpt https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IK-krJiWywM Not sure how I feel about this one. I've done it before, all the rotating moves can really tweak the back if you're not careful. And it has a bunch of curtsy lunges. + stretches (45 mins)
❉ August 30 - Rest day

August 31 - Barlates Gentle Home Workout Combinations (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzNbsOwBVCQ) Picked this one at random off YT and I really loved it! It's 'Barlates gentle' like 'barlates beginner' is not really beginner so it was still a decent (but not intense) workout. I feel quite stretched out and tranquil. (38m)
"Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."
- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
tangerine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-20, 06:58 AM  
Dontmindthemess

august!!

1. Penny Barnshaw Cardio and strength HiiT (50) 50/10 strength 30/15 cardioish ABAB style.
2. Penny Barnshaw 40 min tabata and abs (51) Each circuit is four exercises three times through. I really like this one, it flies by.
3. Dream body Old School Fusion I impulsively bought this (and 3 other workouts) last night, no wine involved! It’s a download or you can just stream it through your library like I did. Can I say that I just loved this! Darby leads this 45 min workout but it’s a bit slower and more deliberate than a normal dream body. It’s not mirror cued which did confuse me a little but it won’t next time. There’s only a bit of modifiable impact but it’s still super sweaty. My inner thighs are so weak! There’s a plank segment at the end of the circuit where you just keep lifting one leg up and down that is killer. I only had time for this but next time I’d love to add 15 mins of HiiT style cardio, like Cathe’s IMAX cardio crush.
4. Rest
5. Penny Barnshaw 60 min no repeat HiiT with weights
6. Penny Barnshaw 40 min intense tabata cardio + Fit by Julia 18 min core from Upper body and Core silent workout
7. Dream Body Sweat Lab with Francie and great in 8 YFS with Shannon Sweat Lab was tough and had a little bit of a learning curve. I have to remember that they’re not mirror cued. Next time I’ll hold 1 or 2 pound weights. Boxing inspired. YFS is a power yoga fusion style workout. The audio mix was low which makes a yoga workout hard to follow. Like the idea of this but I wasn’t crazy about it.
8. Penny Barnshaw 30 min HiiT Strength cardio Abs and 35 min full body dumbbell workout Skipped the 1st stretch and 2nd warm up. There was a move that was in both workouts: a push-up to an alternating lunge with a row. I used 20s in the first workout and by the last round of the second workout I was struggling with the 12s!
9. Kat Gates-Buettner advanced hip hop step 1 (42 min) + Barlates Total 20 elevate Very fun and well cued step workout on YouTube. Great music! Kat uses just her riser, my lowest setting is 6 inches so I did that. I would never go higher than that for this kind of workout. The choreography is pretty advanced for me but it was so well done that I was able to follow 90% of it. 40 minutes was all my brain could digest in one session. She starts with a base move then adds the flair and impact so it’s easy to modify. I was very sweaty after this workout but it’s not killer cardio, just steady state. I would definitely do it again and plan to do more of her workouts.
10. Penny Barnshaw 40 min No repeat cardio + Barlates fusion mat inner thighs Nice Monday morning workout. 40/20 format so a bit easier than a lot of Penny’s workouts.
11. Rest
12. Fit Body by Julia Upper Body & Core silent workout My husband was intriguing after doing the core section the other day so I did this one again. It’s really a push-up fest! I’m expecting to be sore tomorrow.
13. STS disc 23 legs
14. Yvette Bachman Cardio kickboxing killer step workout Not killer but great steady state cardio. I think I would try it using a bosu for the section that has the step long ways.
15. Penny Barnshaw 60 min Full Body No Repeat 8/13/20 This was a tough one!! If you’re in the mood for a bunch of different burpee variations then this is for you. It’s done strength/cardio/core (mostly) 50/10/45/15/40/20. Three sets of three with a full minute break between each 9 minute circuit. That rest only felt like a long time after the first circuit and I’m pretty sure there’s six circuits. The format made it more fun but it felt long because it kicked my butt.
16. Barlates Apartment fever combinations and Fusion Flow Band AF seemed more Buti inspired which I’m so so with. I did get sweaty but I just don’t completely “get it”. I just wanted a stretchy workout day that made me feel like I worked out. This was a good choice. My hips have felt tight since STS legs the other day and I woke up with stiff shoulders/neck.
17. Rest Took a walk but more of a leisurely pace.
18. Penny Barnshaw Full body no repeat workout with weights 7/5/20 (50)
19. Penny Barnshaw Dumbbell Strength workout 4/30/20 (32) + Kat Gates-Buettner Intermediate Step #3 (until 33 min)
20. Penny Barnshaw 60 min no repeat workout with weights (64) 5/11/20 Toughie! Earliest version of the 50/10s Strength, 45/15 Cardio, 40/20 core x 2. That second 45/15 section kills me.
21. Mixxtreme Mix Haven’t done this one since pre Covid. I miss doing these workouts. Really challenged my inner thighs and core.
22. Rest I did do something workout related this morning- I bought a spin bike!! I finally caught one on Facebook marketplace. It’s a like new star trac nxt. I’m so excited and I’ve been thinking about it all day at work. I’ve been on the hunt for a long time. I’m sharing it with my husband since he’s been social distance spinning in a friend’s garage since March. His friend is a spin instructor and has a couple of bikes.
23. 30 min Prince ride Ally & Emma 8/12/20 + Barlates Tone 30 Wall
24. 30 min Britney Spears ride Cody 7/15/20 + Penny Barnshaw 40 min low impact no repeat cardio and weights
25. Cathe Bootcamp (the OG) + 2.5 mile walk
26. 30 min Lizzo ride Robin 8/2/19 + Penny Barnshaw 45 min Full Body Kettlebell HiiT
27. Barlates HiiT intervals Arms & Abs + 20 min 90s ride Olivia 3/31/20 Kind of feeling run down this morning and the ride really felt like a struggle, but a short one at least. Thumbs up for this instructor too! She was a bit more on the mellow side.
28. Mixxtreme Ballet Box I’m so wanting to do more of these fusion workouts these days. Love how they make me feel.
29. 45 min 90s rock ride Christine 4/13/19 + 10 min stretch This felt like more of an endurance style ride.
30. Rest
31. Penny Barnshaw Cardio HiiT with weights (4/27/20) + 30 min power zone endurance ride Matt 12/4/19 + 5 min post ride stretch This might be the first time I did this Penny workout and I’m not sure how I missed it. It’s 50 minutes plus a bonus core section. 10 sets of ABAB done 40/20. I thought it was going to be easier because of the 40/20s but it felt tough. My heart rate was way up there on many of the exercises. I needed that rest! I wanted to do a ride but I tried to pick something a bit easier, I was done with HiiT for the day. This was close to a steady state ride, still made me super sweaty. I wasn’t sure about Matt at first, seemed like he could have been a little too Bro for me but I ended up liking him just fine. He gave a lot of form pointers and was pretty mellow. I’ve been trying to sample different instructors to see who I like best.

Jane
Dontmindthemess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-20, 07:02 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Here we go!

1 Walk - 30 minutes; Pahla B - Weight Loss Over 50 - Day 14 - 22 minutes
2 Pahla B - Full Body for Women Over 50 - 28 minutes
3 Pahla B - Cardio & Weights (Weight Loss Workout) - 28 minutes
4 Walk - 35 minutes
5 Jessica Smith - Fit in 15 - Day 1 - Jumpstart Cardio - 15 minutes; Pilates Nest - Classic Core Celebration - 20 minutes; Walk - 30 minutes
6 Pahla - 25 Minute Walk & Run - 25 minutes; Pilates Nest - 13 minutes
7 Barre Blend - PN #1A - 30 minutes
8 Walk - 30 minutes; Barre Blend - PN #1B - 30 minutes
9 Faithful Workouts - Total Fitness Beginners: Cardio & Strength - 23 minutes & Total Body Workout - 28 minutes; Bedtime Stretching Routine
10 Faithful Workouts - Total Fitness: Cardio & Strength - 28 minutes; Pilates Nest - Pilates for Knee Pain & Strength - 7 minutes
11 Faithful Workouts - Total Fitness Beginners: Pazaz: Get Dancing - 40 minutes
12 Faithful Workouts - Total Fitness: Upper Body Strength - 20 minutes; Pilates Nest - Gentle Neck Friendly Pilates - 15 minutes
13 Faithful Workouts - Total Fitness: Lower Body Strength - 20 minutes; Pilates Nest - Pilates for Lower Back Pain Relief - 10 minutes
14 Faithful Workouts - Total Fitness: Stretch & Worship (aka Relaxation Stretch) - 24 minutes
15 Faithful Workouts - Total Fitness Plan #2: TBC #2 - 28 minutes
16 Faithful Workouts - Total Fitness Plan #2: TBC #1 - 27 minutes; Pilates Nest - PNMC Day 1 Pilates Foundations - 10 minutes
17 Faithful Workouts - Total Fitness Plan #2: TBC #3 - 28 minutes; Pilates Nest - PNMC Day 2 Abs - 10 minutes
18 Faithful Workouts - Christian Cardio & Strength: Volume 2 - Drop Down Weights - 26 minutes; Pilates Nest - PNMC Day 3 Legs - 10 minutes
19 Faithful Workouts - Pazaz & Power Stretch - 28 minutes; Pilates Nest - PNMC Day 4 Upper Body Strength & Sculpt - 10 minutes
20 Faithful Workouts - Beginner Upper Body, Core & Yoga - 20 minutes
21 Rest Day
22 Faithful Workouts - Total Fitness Plan #2: TBC #4 - 27 minutes
23 The Firm - Basics: Fat Burning - 45 minutes
24 Pahla B - 25 Minute Low Impact Walk & Tone - 25 minutes; Walk - 30 minutes
25 Faithful Workouts - Total Fitness Plan #3: TBC #1 - 27 minutes
26 Faithful Workouts - Christian Cardio & Strength: Volume 3 - Pazaz & Yoga - 26 minutes
27 Faithful Workouts - TBW in the Barn - 28 minutes
28 Faithful Workouts - Yoga Sculpt: Loved - 30 minutes
29 Walk - 35 minutes; Faithful Workouts - TBW #9 - 28 minutes
30 Pahla B - Body Shaping Challenge - Day 0 - 30 minutes; Faithful Workouts - Morning Yoga on Sanibel Island - 15 minutes
31 Faithful Workouts - Lake Powell Beginner TBW - 11 minutes & Paza & Yoga in the Barn - 26 minutes

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-20, 07:44 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

~~~ AUGUST ~~~

It's HOT - just do your best, it all counts.
A rest day is an okay day!

1 - Went to the gym! OMG I got weak. Back PT with cable stack, machines for leg press, quads, back, chest; back PT; 6,547 steps.

2 - House=cleaned my butt off; inversion; Soothe & Stretch from Yee's Yoga for Energy & Stress release; 30 butt bridges; 4,956 steps.

3 - Beauty to the Bone workout B-1; 50 stability ball crunches; 30 hip circle butt bridges; 5,656 steps.

4 - Amy Ippoliti Morning Self Care (Glo); 4,338 steps.

5 - Rest Your Brain restorative with Tara Judelle (Glo); 3,905 steps.

6 - MR's Beauty to the Bone workout 2-B, subbing stability ball crunches and my own lower body stretching for her stuff; PT and inversion; 4,203 steps.

7 - 50 box climbs; PT; 30 hip circle butt bridges; walk at beach; 6,134 steps.

8 - Mostly housework; back stretches and inversion; 5,635 steps.

9 - Nothing formal; 4,220 steps.

10 - Winsor 20 Minute Workout (original); my own back care restorative yoga with the rectangular bolster; 5,678 steps.

11 - Stephanie Snyder Deep Dive Into Bliss (Glo); MR Perfect 10 workout A-1; 4,896 steps.

12 - Couch Antidote mat Pilates with Kit Rich (Glo); some of Jane Fonda's Walkout 1; Mirabai Holland's Moving Free Flexibility 1; 5,907 steps.

13 - Perfect 10 Workout A-1; back PT; hip openers and inverted - and RIP FitBit.

14 - Rest day.

15 - Walk at beach; two miles at community track; evening walk around neighborhood; stretching and inversion.

16 - GYM for 50 minutes weight training, PT and recumbent bike.

17 - Mirabai Holland FAB Cardio Workout for Women Over 50 - 34 minute version (YouTube); Anula Maiburg Bolster Your Routine (Glo - Pilates); Elena Brower, Support for Your Lower Back (Glo - Restorative).

18 - FitOn Total Body Tabata (WW app); Perfect 10 workout B-1; 30 butt bridges.

19 - 50 box climbs; 11 minute Lucy Wyndham-Read virtual sightseeing walk of London; PT for my back; 30 hip circle butt bridges; 10 Pilates rollups; 10 Pilates rollover prep. New Fitbit here!

20 - FitOn standing abs workout with dumbbells - fun! quick walk at beach to test out GPS; 5,170 steps.

21 - Rest day; 2,431 steps.

22 - Back PT; FitOn Quick HIIT Booty Pilates with hip circle; one mile walk at beach; 6,479 steps.

23 - Walk at beach; walk at college campus; after dinner walk (5 miles total); 11,459 steps.

24 - 50 box climbs; LWR one mile walk; just tried to move more; 8,070 steps.

25 - 40 box climbs; 30 minutes at gym for cable machine PT, leg presses, lat pulldowns and chest presses; evening walk about neighborhood; 10,0002 steps!!!

26 - Sarah Beth Desk Yoga for Hips & Back; 20 minute lunch walk; 7,939 steps.

27 - 50 box climbs; Perfect Ten workout B-2; 50 stability ball crunches; 25 chest flyes; 25 triceps skull crushers; 25 rear flyes; walked around neighborhood after the rainstorm; 8,738 steps.

28 - Felicia Tomasko Hips & Hamstrings yin yoga (Glo); 40 box climbs; yin and yoga nidra workshop via Zoom; 5,648 steps.

29 - GYM for 15 minutes treadmill; cable machine PT; weight machines quads, chest and back; 6,908 steps.

30 - Walked around the riverfront across the river from us; stretching and inversion; took another walk after dinner; 9,003 steps.

31 - 50 box climbs; Jane Fonda's Walkout level 2; Yee's Yoga for Energy & Stress Relief, Gentle Relaxation; 7,198 steps.

August recap:

10 of 10 .... Yoga - hatha, yin, restorative
0 of 3 ....... Yoga - Kundalini yoga
5 of 5 ....... Pilates
0 of 3 ....... KCM
0 of 2 ....... Ellen Barrett
0 of 3 ....... Kathy Smith
2 of 2 ....... Jane Fonda
0 of 2 ....... Lee Holden
14 of 4 ..... Gym and wildcards (4 gym, 6 Margaret Richard, 2 Mirabai Holland, 2 FitOn app)
15 of 12 ... Walk bonuses (13 outdoors, 2 Lucy Wyndham-Read)
0 of 2 ....... Dump, stow or keep

Total: 46 of 48!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-20, 08:29 AM  
Luv2WO

Yay!

1. PBL Sexy Six Pack, Bridge the Gap, Everyday Essential Upper Body and Back Strength, Jessica Valant Pilates Camp Day 1, Detox Stretch
2. Essentrics AM workout, Pilates Camp Day 2
3. TBL BTTM Barre on the Beach, Essentrics Abs/Arms/ Waist Trimmer, Leslie Walk Blasters - 3 sections (30 mins)
4. TBL Full Body Target Training with Weights, Essentrics BSS Ab Flattening and Waist Toning, Leslie 2 miles Burn Body Fat
5. Leslie 3 Mile AHA Walk, TBL MBP Arms and Abs, Essentrics Ultimate Leg Sculptor, BB Mat Stretch
6. TBL Sculpt, Sweat and Strengthen
7. Leslie 2 miles Hips and Thigh Walk, TBL Lower Body Tone
8. Body Project 30 min cardio, Essentrics Ultimate Leg Sculptor, 30 min walk
9. TBL Pilates with Weights
10. Leslie iStrong walk 3 miles, PBL Everyday Essential Classic Abs, Band Burner Workout, 30 min walk
11. TBL BTTM Total Body Tone, PBL Adore Your Core Complete Core, Slim and Trim Lower Body, Leslie 2 mile Sweat Walk - Youtube, 30 min walk
12. Body Project 10 minute Fat Burner Cardio, TBL Reformer on the Mat workout, Jessica Walk and Talk Stress talk, 25 min walk
13. TBL Sculpt, Sweat and Strengthen, PBL 5 min more Magic Abs, 30 min walk
14. Jessica Smith 20 min Cardio Fat Burner, TBL BTTM Abs and Arms, PBL Love Your Legs Amplified Magic Circle, 30 min walk
15. Leslie 2 Miles Fast Start Interval Walk, Essentrics Ultimate Leg Sculptor
16. PBL Body Band Sculpture Class, 5 Min More Legs with Band, 5 Min Stretch with Band
17. PBL Complete Body Firming Workout, New You Leg Toner
18. TBL Barre + Weights
19. TBL Full Body Flow, MBP Waist Slimming Workout, BB Inner Thighs
20. PBL Body Burner Workout
21. Rest Day
22. Barre3 30 min Cardio - Marissa, TBL Pilates for Posture
23. Barre3 Strength Conditioning with Lindsay - 30 min
24. Barre3 Strength Conditioning with Dustin - 30 min, TBL Moving Medititation
25. TBL Sweat + Sculpt
26. Barre3 Strength Conditioning with Marissa - 30 min
27. TBL Sculpt, Sweat and Strengthen, TBL Beach Barre Cardio
28. Barre3 Cardio with Catie - 30 min, PBL Everyday Essentials Classic Abs, 30 min walk, BB Mat Stretch
29. Barre3 45 Min Cardio with Catie
30. PBL Twist and Shout workout, 5 Min More Arms, Ultimate Flexibility Hip Stretch, 15 min walk, TBL Unwind Relaxation
31. PBL Core with More Ankle Weight Workout, Love Your Legs: Butt Booster, 30 min walk, stretch
Luv2WO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-20, 09:50 AM  
MathTeacher

AUGUST

1 - PBL Legs + Leslie

2 - PBL Arms + Leslie
3 - PBL Booty
4 - PBL Total Body
6 - PBL Lower Body + Leslie
7 - PBL Abs + Leslie
8 - PBL Arms + Leslie

9 - PBL Stretch + Leslie
10 - PBL Butt + Leslie
11 - PBL Upper + Leslie
12 - PBL Core + Leslie
13 - PBL Arms
14 - PBL Booty
15 - PBL Legs + Leslie

18 - PBL Legs
19 - PBL Arms + Leslie
20 - PBL Total Body + Leslie
21 - PBL Core + Leslie
22 - PBL Lower Body

24 - PBL Arms
25 - PBL Legs
27 - PBL Arms
29 - PBL Booty

30 - PBL Abs
31 - PBL Legs
Old 07-28-20, 10:00 AM  
Mell

Mell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-20, 12:39 PM  
Dorothy J
VF Supporter

August

July Total 26/31

1 - 63 push ups (21x3) + Peloton Arms Toning + KCM RAW Cardio Crush 2
2 - Pahla B Weight Loss for Women Over 50 Day 16 + 10 Minute Rep to the Rhythm walk + LH Qi Gong for Stress (1st 12 minutes)

3 - Peloton Ally 80s 2/12/20--58 min, 14.8 miles, 359 calories. Also did a 10 minute Leslie walk
4 - Pahla B Cardio & Weights for Over 50 + 1200+ steps with Reps to the Rhythm
5 - Rest
6 - Fit Mother Project Weights Week 6 + 32 minute Peloton ride
7 - Peloton Jenn Mix Tape + Christine Power Zone Endurance, both 5/31/20--69 minutes, 15.8 miles, 344 calories. Endurance ride.
8 - KCM RAW Box & Squat + 10 min walk with Reps to the Rhythm (1200+ steps)
9 - Morning Energizer Walk with Gina B + Pahla B Day 17 + Lee Holden Qi Gong Challenge Day 20

10 - Peloton Jenn 80s 2/9/20--58 minutes, 14.9 miles, 363 calories.
11 - Pahla B Walk & Tone + Jessica Smith 20 Minute 1 Mile Power Walk--wore my 4# vest and carried 1# dbs for both of these to amp them up. I had forgotten what a nice add-on that 20 minute Jessica walk is!
12 - Rest
13 - Fit Mother Project Weights Week 7 + 32 minute Peloton ride
14 - 2 Peloton rides: Hannah 70s 8/10/20 + Sam 80s 8/8/20--69 minutes, 15.7 miles, 346 cal. Rode as an Endurance ride.
15 - KCM RAW Bodyfit 1--It's hard to believe Kelly is 57 years old! She has the energy of a 30 year old and I'm convinced her spine is coiled flexible steel! I have to modify many of her moves, also slow them down or do fewer, but she challenges me & I love that!
16 - Reps to the Rhythm walk 1200+ steps + Pahla B Day 18 + Lee Holden Qi Gong Challenge Day 21--I love walking with Keoni; he is such a cutie!

17 - Peloton Sam 80s 8/12/20--58 min, 14.8 miles, 369 calories. A very nicely-paced workout, allowed me to get those endorphins really flowing & burn a few extra kcal.
18 - KCM Total Body Kickbox WO2 + Leslie Walk Blasters Upper Body
19 - Rest
20 - Fit Mother Project Weights Week 8 + 32 minute Peloton ride
21 - 2 Peloton rides: Ally & Emma Prince 8/12/2020 + Jenn Classic Rock 7/1/2020--69 min, 16.2 miles, 367 cal. Endurance ride.
22 - 64 push ups + Peloton Arms Toning + KCM RAW Box & K-bell 2--did the push ups 22 + 21 + 5 + 16. The 5 I did from my toes (as opposed to knees). I was inspired by some push up talk on the Coffeyfit FB group to try "big girl" push ups. I was shaky by #5, but my form was good.
23 - Reps to the Rhythm walk 2200+ steps + Pahla B Day 19 + Lee Holden Qi Gong Challenge Day 21--Love that Day 21 of the Qi Gong Challenge!

24 - Peloton Tunde Classic Rock 1/6/20--58 min, 14.7 miles, 357 cal.
25 - Angie Fitness Boxing & Upper Body Weights
26 - Fit Mother Project Weights Week 9 + 32 minute Peloton ride
27 - Rest
28 - Peloton Leanne 80s 1/11/2020 + Hannah Classic Rock 6/29/2020--69 minutes, 15.9 miles, 352 calories. Endurance ride.
29 - KCM RAW Virtual Box & Legs--this was from her "virtual" road trip last Sunday. It was about an hour long & very thorough. I'm gonna feel this one later!
30 - 10 min Gina B walk + Pahla B Day 20 + Lee Holden Qi Gong Challenge Day 21--my body feels sore & tired today so I was glad that today's Pahla workout was a light walk with stretches--just what I needed.

31 - 2 Peloton rides--63 minutes, 15.8 miles, 383 calories. Felt good today; had fun!

August Total 27/31 days

"You want to go into life feeling great, feeling strong, and as you get older, feeling even stronger!" Gin Miller
Dorothy J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-20, 01:12 PM  
CharM

I'll do more "new to me" workouts. I also plan to mix walks with abs or mobility because I always skip those.

F50 = Flipping 50

1. Leslie and (ntm) F50 Knees - 2 miles Leslie (different discs) followed by Flipping 50 Knees which is about 10 minutes of 3 or 4 exercises to strengthen the knee area. I almost forgot, I'm sore all over from the Melt it Off cardio workout.
2. Jessica and (ntm)F50 Abs intermediate - Jessica's Flat Abs Walk was fun today. I don't think I liked it the other time (s?) I'd done it, but I enjoyed it this morning for some reason. I also preferred today's F50 ab workout over the beginner one. I took at peek at the advanced abs and it has some of the same moves as intermediate, but with some tweaks; I think I'll like that one the most. I'm still a little sore from Friday's workout.
3. (both ntm) Metashred - The Metaconda, Bariatric Rx Stretch - Since there's no real warm-up, I did the base moves for the first round and then did the intermediate and a few advanced after that. My favorite part was near the end, not only because we were about to be finished, but because Gideon's arms were up and out and I was thinking, "I'm with you. Hallelujah!" This workout really, really got my heart rate up, but the sweat was minimal, which I thought was weird. Is that even normal? lol I thought I'd try BRx for the stretch. There are a few different stretches that I hadn't done before and I felt good at the end.
4. Jessica S., Chris F. - JS 15 minute Fast Fat Blast, Chris GYBB Interval, JS 15 minute Power Pick Up. This combo made me sweat without killing myself.
5. KCM and BJ Gaddour - I didn't know if I should do KCM or BJ, then thought, "Why not both?" So I did Strength & Stamina workout 1: 2 rounds w/kb. I always skip the kb work, but decided to do them. It made me sweat more than usual. Since there were only 2 rounds, I used 20lbs on round 2 of shoulder press. I barely made it to 12 on the right side, 11 on the left. I did a BJ 10 Minute Torcher - lower body something. I think it was all lunges and squats.
6. Leslie - 2 miles. I was supposed to have slept in, but I couldn't sleep so I thought I'd do something easy. I chose a Miracle Miles dvd but skipped the band work and continued to side step, kick, and tap out on my own .
7. (ntm) 10 Minute Torchers - I warmed up with KCM's Trim Down, then did Isometric Inferno, Tempo Torchers, and Arm & Ab Assault (it's really an arm and glute burn). I finished with both cool downs from Trim Down. So that's five 10 MT done (3 today, 2 last month), seven to go. My entire back side is still sore from Wednesday's workout.
8. Leslie, Jessica - Leslie 2 miles from her 5 Mile Fat Burning Walk. I've done mile one so often that I can nearly quote her word for word. I followed that up with Jessica's Dynamic Stretching (WS 1). Yesterday evening I was feeling sore all over, so it was a surprise when I woke up sore... only in my left quad! It's like all the muscles had a meeting and decided that the quad was the best place for soreness. It feels like there's a rock in there.
9. Walk Blasters and Flipping Mobility - Leslie's 3 x 10 minute Walk Blasters followed by Flipping 50 Upper Back & Neck (9 minutes or so) and Ankles (5 minutes). I wanted to do a new KCM but this time my body conspired to make my entire head hurt. My jaw, nasal cavity, top of head, back of head, you get the picture, it hurt. I didn't want the pain to influence my opinion of KCM's workouts.
10. KCM Boxfit workout 2 - added on the Legs premix for fun. I shared my thoughts on the KCM thread.
11. KCM Boxfit workout 1 - The legs premix from yesterday ended with a finisher from workout 1, so at that point, seeing how tired Samantha looked, I was kind of scared to do workout 1. It was fun and I got sweaty, but it wasn't as tough as I'd thought it would be. So Sam's either out of shape, or that was filmed right after another workout. Or they possibly had to do a few takes. Oh, I also did F'ing Intermediate Abs - and for some reason decided to make it advanced. Ouch!
12. KCM SuperSculpt workout 3 - this is the one with step ups instead of step jumps. I used 12s and my step height was only 10" since I don't have more risers to increase the height. Next time I plan on using the TransFirmer for the first set of step ups, but not the second since I nearly fell off my step while stepping up from "outside" of it. Then a few moments later, Kelly said, "It's ok if you wobble." How did she know?! The band work really, really tired out my legs, especially since I was too lazy to get a light band and the only one handy was extra heavy. You better believe that for round 2 of band work, I wasn't too lazy to find a different one. I liked the boxing work with dumbbells, too. This workout gets a thumbs up. I previewed the first section of workout 1 and that looks fun. The dvd has about 200 premixes; there's something for everyone!
13. nothing today
14. kcm Super Sculpt Drills and Boxing premix - fun!
15. nothing, power went out previous evening, didn't sleep well, hadn't eaten since 4pm previous day, didn't have the energy
16. 1.5 mile Leslie, was going to do more but oh my god, it was humid
17. nothing, power was out again and house was probably as hot as hell. Oh yeah, the food went bad , so we're living off canned food and bread we'd normally never buy. Argh.
18. 2 mile Leslie + Bariatric Rx Total Body Mat.
19. nothing. I'm done for the week unless the air quality gets better so I can open the window when exercising
20. Barre3 Burner - the air was better overnight, so I was able to open a window and exercise before it got bad again, but I didn't want to do anything too strenuous. According to my records, the last time I did this workout in its entirety was 8-20-18! Funny. And I keep all Barre3's front and center on my shelf because I "love them so much"! lol I don't even do them anymore. vidiocy
21. KCM Super Sculpt Bands and Drills - This one's fun, too! I think I'll do SS premixes on Fridays.
22. KCM Boxfit Strength - I did the "no legs" premix. Once again, I had to switch from 15s to 12s for the second set of biceps because those darn 2/2 curls slay me.
23. Leah Sarago Prenatal Physique - (I always want to call her Sarah Leago, just thought I'd share that for some reason) I chose this one because I wanted to work the lower body, but didn't want to do KCM because I know they have plie squats. In a strange, cruel twist, Prental Physique's lower body sculpt has tons of plies! haha I think the lower body barre segment had some, too. These two combined made me sweat. I finished up with Leslie's 10 minute easy walk.
24. nothing
25. Fuse Dance Cardio Lean, Prenatal Physique I did workout 1 thinking I was doing a "new to me" workout, but no, I'm pretty sure I'd done it before unless she mentions "Fred Astaire" in another video. Other than that, it felt new. I added on PP Core, doing advanced moves when shown since I don't have a big belly to use as an excuse.
26. KCM Body Shop 2 - the premix without the combination moves, it still made me work. 10 minute Leslie
27. Sweatin' to the Oldies 3 - 42 minutes or so. I guess it had been a while since I'd done this, I forgot the moves.
28. Flat Belly Barre! - I have no idea why they used an exclamation on the title. Anyway, I did the Total Body Barre then added a Jessica Smith 15 minute walk to get ready for a new dvd. Mr.M : "Let me know if you're going to order from Amazon. We just need $5 for free shipping." [throws in a Jessica Smith dvd] heehee
29. sleep. I felt lazy for some reason
30. Jessica Smith 6 Mile Mix "new to me" (it just arrived yesterday) - upper, lower, and total body. I didn't really care for most of the upper body workout, but then got into it with just a few minutes to go. The time flew by with the other two, so I guess that means I liked them. I usually like Beth but she annoyed me today because she was moving all around when only a certain part was supposed to move
31. JS 6 Mile Mix - steady burn, speed, and cardio interval abs. I thought the speed walk would be the most intense because it's short, but that wasn't the case. It was the last one made me sweat! I'm sure it was those darned windmills.
CharM is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
just the workouts