Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 08-09-20, 09:11 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hi everyone,

I had another retro day with Gaiam's Lower Body Conditioning which has yoga, pilates and balance ball workouts. I did Jillian Hessel's and Suzanne Deason's segments (pilates and balance ball.) The pilates was pretty easy going, as was the balance ball workout, but boy it took me a while to get used to a stability ball again! I had so much fun on the balance ball that I did another of Suzanne's Balance Ball for Beginner's workout, too! This was better than just the lower body focus, and more thorough.

I didn't rest well again Saturday night so I was fine with doing some gentle stuff today!

Hope this week is a good one for you all, and the weekend proved to be a relaxing one!

Current Rotation:
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) 90 Days to Flexible Phase 3 (Intermediate)
Cathe Strength Training (ICE & LITE series)
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-20, 07:53 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

This morning I went with:

Jessica Smith - 20 Min Total Body Barre
Jessica Valent -Pilates for SI Pain - this one had a lot of my favorite side lying exercises.

DD and I went for a short walk last night, but I still had trouble sleeping so this morning was a blah time working out. But, at least I got it done!

I'm suffering from the "I don't know what I want do workout blues" so maybe I will do some of the Faithful Workouts routines...

We can all use more positivity in our lives right now. I did buy her daughter's yoga plans as well as the one that is a mix of Yoga and FW. That may be something to do that is different than what I have been doing. As much as I love Pahla, Ellen and Jessica (both "S" and "V"), I really am in the the mood for something different

Hope everyone has a good day - my Monday's start w/ a 2+ hour meeting and that pretty much destroys productivity for the rest of the day, LOL!

Pam - I need to look into my collection of Gaiam 'oldies' - I remember really liking Suzanne Deason's Yoga for Weight Loss and Pilates for Weight Loss workouts - both are a little on the longer side, but maybe next week I can fit them in. Doing another staycation.

Sherry - I should really do the same re: tracking and watching my eating. I have let myself go w/ quarantine.

waves, wishiwasinhawaii

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-20, 03:48 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hi Ladies,

Today I got a bit of cardio in with Jessica's WS3 Barefoot Cardio Core workout. Then, added Suzanne Deason's Balance Ball for Weightloss which has a nice pilates focus! Enjoyed the workouts very much!

I think in the past I was buying workouts and not doing them very much, as is the case with these Gaiam Balance Ball workouts. This weightloss one with Suzanne was so lovely and I'm glad I still had it after all these years!

Happy Monday to you all!

Current Rotation:
Old 08-10-20, 05:26 PM  
Leonana

I decided to try Jessica’s Healthy for the Holidays four week plan. I did her you tube Standing Strength. After not working out yesterday, I had a lot of energy today. So I added in Pahla’s 25 Minute Walk and Tone workout. Walking with weights does get your heart rate up!

Waves to everyone!
Old 08-11-20, 07:39 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

This morning I did:

Jessica's 20 Min Fat Burning Cardio from her "healthy for the holidays" You Tube Playlist - that has now morphed into a 20 min workout playlist and includes the workout I did yesterday!

It actually feel somewhat good to push myself a little harder. I did do everything low impact. I think my jumping days are behind me!

I also did Jessica Valent - Pilates Ring # 2

Sherry - that is such a coincidence that we both focused on "healthy for the holidays" right now, LOL!

Pam - nice workout combos! Gaiam really had some beautiful workouts back i the day. I should pull out my Ana Caban Pilates workouts....

waves, wishiwasinhawaii

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
Old 08-11-20, 02:29 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hi Ladies,

Today I did Jessica's WS Burn Fat and Have Fun "Have a Ball!" workout. Also added to this Jane's Gentle Yoga "Improving Balance."

That Jessica workout is sneaky. You think it's going to be rather light, but the pace in this one is quick, right from the get-go!

Have a good one!

Current Rotation:
Old 08-12-20, 08:26 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

I don't know what came over me - well, actually, I sort of do - last night I was helping my DD at the barn re-arrange the jumps and it really highlighted how weak I have become...it is discouraging b/c I do workout consistently. So, I decided I really do need to get back on the horse, so to speak, and challenge myself once in awhile. The trick is to do it in a way that doesn't result in injury or burn out. Margaret Richard to the rescue!

Today was:

Classical Stretch - Season 12 - Episode 30
Margaret Richard Unplugged 2026 - chest (dreaded push-ups), biceps, delts, outer thigh (Pilates style but w/ ankle weights and hig rep)

I decided to work "backwards" from these series b/c whenever I try to work through a season I end up quitting before I get to the end, so I figured this way I will try some new to me episodes.

I do wish Unplugged had music....I also wish Margaret's streaming was not so expensive $25/ month as I enjoy doing the workouts w/ the original music.

My plan for the moment is to combine CS & MR - this has always been a good combo for me and try to get some decent cardio in. Since I have been working from home since the pandemic started my step count has suffered greatly.

I want to make a commitment to get at least 2 miles/30 min of cardio in most days. I really *should* take a lunch break and do it then - but I tend to get sucked in to work and then I'm afraid if I'm "missing" people are going to think I'm slacking off.

I'm also going to be flexible to allow myself to veer off every once in awhile and do a "wild card" workout - if i get too rigid w/ my plans I tend to burn out.

Hope everyone has a good day!

Pam - agreed, Have a Ball is a sneaky workout! I haven't done much of WS 3.0, but I loved WS 2.0.

Donna
Old 08-12-20, 01:56 PM  
Leonana

Yesterday was a lot of walking, it was my Goodwill shopping day. Today was Jessica's Back Friendly Total Body Strength workout. I needed something more gentle today, so veered off the Holiday schedule. I think I overdid it on Monday with those two workouts!

My right heel was bothering me, it seems I developed PF. I think the culprit is my sandals, they are a year old, and I need to replace them. I also workout barefoot, because I have carpet in my bedroom, and I do low impact. However, I need to wear my tennis shoes. I wore tennis shoes today, and noticed a difference.

My heel was painful last night, and I also noticed my piriformis was really tight. I wondered if that had an effect on my heel. I found this video, from a channel called Doctor Jo. She is a PT, and it looks like she has a lot good stretching videos. I did: 5 Best Sciatica Stretches for Piriformis Syndrome. While doing the stretches, I could feel it all the way in my calf and heel, so I wonder if I have sciatica along with the PF. Anyway, my heel and calf feel much better, the stretches were great. My right glute is still a bit sore.

Donna, I was planning on the Healthy for the Holidays, but already had to tweak, lol. Good luck with the CS and MR.

Pam, I love WS 2 workouts, they are very sneaky!
Old 08-12-20, 04:01 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hi Ladies,

I did a Jessica 10 minute Quickie Walk (Power Up) as well as Tanja Djelevic Gaiam Cardio Burn Sculpt with the Balance Ball. I was sweating a lot with Tanja's workout as she has you doing lunges, squats, one legged lifts, twisting from side to side, etc. It was great but much faster paced, hence the cardio factor. The music is great in this one, as is the beautiful mountain backdrop! Some day this workout will be easy....yeah right.

Sherry, sorry to hear about your foot! I love Dr Jo from Youtube. I've exercised with her for my PF, as well as Frozen Shoulder, and Bell's Palsy exercises. She's so upbeat and such a joy!

Current Rotation:
Old 08-13-20, 07:30 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Today was:

CS 1229 - Body Shaping
Margaret Richard - Unplugged 2025 - triceps, back, calves, inner thighs, abs

Last night before we had a "virtual" college visit - I did a 30 min walk w/ Leslie.

Margaret mentioned in this workout that she was just about to turn 60- these were filmed in 2008. She is still going strong 12 years later!

Sherry - glad some stretching helped - I prefer to workout barefoot, too and I did notice this past week that the bottom of my foot was getting sore - I think it was from walking outdoors in shoes that were not supportive enough, though. Miranda - from CS says it is all connected!

Pam - nice workouts and another retro one from Gaiam!

Waves, wishiwasinhawaii!

Now it sounds like I need to check our Dr. Jo!! I have watched Bob and Brad from time to time - they are PTs as well. Amazing the stuff you can find on You Tube - (along w/ the junk that is out there, LOL!)

Waves, everyone -

Donna

Tags
jessica smith get strong