Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-07-20, 06:10 PM  
fanofladyvols

Jules, I am still trying to learn imax 2

I haven't even attempted IMAX 1.

I don't think I'll ever graduate to IMAX 3..or 4 haha

Good for you doing whatever it takes to own that workout. I did Yard Con...of digging, weeding and hacking at a stump that won't budge. Usually I kind of enjoy that but today it was so muggy it just made me miserable.

A sweet VFer sent me a link to a gentle yoga that I will do later this evening.

Happy Saturday wishes to all!!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-20, 11:28 AM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

HI all. So sorry to be MIA. Last week was just a weird week for me. Having a lot of grief issues and although I have been working out every day as usual, the rest of the day has been kind of "meh". So I guess I just didn't feel like posting.

I am still working my way thru STS. Finishing Meso 1 this week. Added in some STS Cardio and a NEW Body Combat on LMOD.

Starting back to this week.
Today was STS Meso 1 Disk 10 - Chest, Shoulders, Biceps. Supposed to be up to 70% of one rep max and I was really feeling it! I'm still using my ankle weights and 2lb hand weight but that's so hard to manipulate so I broke down and ordered some Plate Mates. Should get them today.

I hope everyone is staying well. I'll try to get out of my funk and post more often. HUGS!

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-20, 08:30 AM  
fanofladyvols

Kate The sadness and sharp sense of loss can descend without warning. All I can share from personal experience is that speaks to how much you treasured the person who is gone. As time passes, my own family is better at adjusting to that feeling and remembering why their absence is missed. We focus on all the wonderful memories and ways that loved one impacted us. We can smile wistfully now. But it did take us a long time to get there. Both times it wasn't a fast process...and maybe it's not possible for it to be when you love someone so deeply? Our hearts needed time. I think it's ok to give your heart the time it needs. In the meantime, I will be praying for you to feel as many wistful smiles as possible

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
Old 08-11-20, 11:57 AM  
Mickey12

I posted this in the Cathe thread, but I decided to post here too.

Kate it makes me so sad that you're struggling. You have always been such a source of encouragement to everyone here. I hope you know we are all rallying around you with lots of love.

Last night I did a new KCM workout since my DVDs came yesterday. I did the second workout on Super Sculpt. I did the premix with step jumps. It was tabata format, upper body box drills with light weights alternating with lower body impact moves and moves using a firewalker loop. It was a lot of fun, moved quickly, and lots of variety although some of the jump moves on the step were repeated. I used a 6 inch step for the jumps though, not a high step like Kelly and crew. I got plenty of cardio work without having to increase the step height. I like this one a lot.

Kim
Mickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-20, 12:04 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Linda: Thank you for your kind words. Sometimes when I "vent" on VF it is for a little support and I surely got that here!

Kim: Thank you too. I am feeling the love. Yay on your new KCM! I hope you have lots of fun!

Today I did Tracey Staehle's Strike Zone. Another one I hadn't done for years!!
It was ok but her cueing really sucked in spots. During a chapter for upper body strength the backgrounders were doing the moves and Tracey wasn't even cueing them or cued them late. But actually a good kickboxing workout aside from that and I love Josef (from Body Combat).

I got my Plate Mates yesterday. A pair of 1 1/4lb and a pair of 2 1/2lb. Can't wait to try them tomorrow with STS! I'm tired of trying to hold two dumbells or strap ankle weights onto my wrists. These will be perfect to bump up weight without big 5lb jumps.

Take care, stay well and thank you for being so kind!

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

Old 08-11-20, 04:30 PM  
Jules

Hello all! My folks arrived on Sunday and I am trying to fit in exercise whenever I can because we are eating a lot! Every morning we go for a walk and then I take the kids to school to practice volleyball, soccer and basketball while I walk the outdoor track. Yesterday i did Cathe's original Imax (working my way thru all of them) and today I did BodyPump 108.

Kate: (((Hugs))) Take all the time off you need from posting. VF will be here when you feel like visiting. Yay on the Plate Mates! And on the new BodyCombat! I plan to try it soon - maybe tomorrow.

Kim: Sounds like you are having a blast with your new KCM workout! I have a couple of her older boxing workouts but I just don't "connect" with her style for some reason? I wish I did because she has a huge library. Maybe I should give her a try again.

Linda: Imax 2 is probably the most fun of them all. Imax 3 is the by far the hardest for me, followed by Imax, and then Imax 2. Imax 4 is actually very doable. It is shorter in length and the intervals feel more like "blasts" than true intervals to me. You can do it!
Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-20, 04:12 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Hello my girls! Back with some wicked fun workouts!

Yesterday I did STS Meso 1, Disk 11 Back and Triceps and I LOVE my PlateMates! I could take my weights up without going too heavy. I have to keep in mind that Meso 2 and 3 are much heavier so I have to leave myself room to grow.
More pullup/chinups in this workout and am glad I have my pullup assist. Still one of the exercises I struggle with.

Today I did Cathe's To the Max. WOWSERS! What a cardio workout.
I did this one once back when I had a Cathe subscription. I loved it then. I recently got it on DVD and man, what a FAB workout! Wicked cardio! She uses THREE RISERS on some tracks! Two on everything else and some floor work. This has to be one of my favorite cardio workouts. The step moves were totally basic but not easy. My HR was way up there and I was dripping hardly halfway through.
Love the Tabata!

Jules there is a new Body Pump too. ;-)

Old 08-14-20, 02:43 PM  
Jules

Fantastic Friday! I just did the new BodyCombat and it was so worth the wait! This is such a fun workout and I love that it features 3 strong female leads. Dan was absent but they mentioned him several times throughout the workout - "What would Dan do here? Raise one eyebrow!"

Yesterday I did one of my faves - Cathe's Hardcore Extreme Interval Circuit plus the ab work from High Step Challenge.

Kate: You are killing it this week! To the Max is super challenging! I think of it as an "eat my veggies" workout b/c the cardio is so intense. I am always relieved when we get to be done with the step on that one, lol. Almost done with Meso 1 - Congrats! I bet you are looking forward to Meso 2.
Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-20, 04:55 PM  
fanofladyvols

Kate and Jules you both are killing it!

Kate is Crossfire easier than To the max? Just curious which one I should tackle first.

I did KCM's Super sculpt premix with step ups..no jumps for me. I will add some additional cardio and some sort of mobility later today.

Enjoy your weekend everyone!

Old 08-18-20, 11:51 AM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Linda: I think maybe To the Max was harder because of all the step work. Crossfire is entirely on the floor. Both are tons of fun.

What a great workout week so far. All the stresses and issues are still happening, but I'm dealing. My oldest son Justin was in the hospital AGAIN over the weekend. He had a "fluid overload" which caused a lot of fluid buildup around his heart and lungs. They gave him major water pills and he'll keep taking them now that he's home. At least it was only a couple days. And now he's on a super strict low sodium diet.

Catching up:
Friday I did STS Meso 1 Disk 12 – Legs. As always, Cathe provides a killer lower body workout. This was the last workout for Meso 1.

Monday I did LMOD Body Pump 113. Jules, although this is not one of my favorite Pumps, I did wake up this morning with soreness all over. Not bad sore, just "worked hard" sore. I will say I really like Marlon when he instructs.

Today wooohhooooo! I did Crossfire and LOVED it. Another one I had done years ago and liked it but wasn't so keen on the impact. Well now I love it! I did the 73 minute Extreme mix and was dripping and had so much fun! I used 5s and one 15 for the weighted work but really a top notch cardio workout. My legs are tired!

So now To the Max and Crossfire have moved up in my favorites in my spreadsheet.

FYI: I am taking the week off from STS as Cathe suggests and I'm just going to rotate through a few misc workouts. I'm thinking a little more cardio focus.

Hope everyone stays well and strong. Keep on keepin' on!