Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-15-15, 07:59 AM  
juliel
VF Supporter

I did both Strength & Stamina workouts. I like the format and the moves.
I'm fine with the KB moves...I like having them actually. She sure does swing her KB
very high tho.

"One cat just leads to another." - Ernest Hemingway
juliel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-15, 08:38 AM  
Gibbee
VF Supporter

Here's what I posted at Kelly's site:

This morning I did workouts 1 and 2 of Strength & Stamina as they are presented. I loved it! Lots of room to grow with this DVD. I had done Your Best Body 1 yesterday, so I went a little light (about intermediate weight as recommended on the DVD case) and it was just about perfect. Lots of strength moves with leg blasts and swings peppered in. The premixes give you the option to eliminate swings and mix things up if that is not your cup of tea. The crew looked great and I love the set and colors! I think each release Kelly does just gets better and better!

I did not use the premix option because I knew I'd need a break - and I did. Good and sweaty workout - lots of room to grow - plenty of premix options if you don't like swings. I felt good when I was finished and had a smile on my face (and sweat running into my eyes)!

STS Graduate
MET-Rx 180 Graduate
Gibbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-15, 09:12 AM  
bubbles76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiny View Post
Bubbles~yes, 2 full workouts plus a bonus step. The step workout is about 22 min and it is nonstop.
Thanks! Very exciting
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-15, 09:04 PM  
Gibbee
VF Supporter

I tried AC2 workout 2 this morning (core & stretch). I really enjoyed it. I need the core work. Uses only body weight. I felt great when I was finished.

If you're curious about premixes and times, I typed these up tonight. I always slip a print out in the back of my DVD cases so I can see options without putting the disc in. Maybe some of you will find these helpful.

Athletic Conditioning 2

Workout 1 Functional Training: 32:03
Workout 2 Core & Stretch: 26:21

Premixes:

No impact: 17:49
Single Round + Abs: 24:03
Single Round + Core & Stretch: 26:25
Double Round: 23:25
Double Round + Abs: 33:33
Double Road + Core & Stretch: 35:54
Triple Round + Abs 44:48
Triple Round + Core & Stretch: 43:14

Strength & Stamina

Warm-up: 5:45
Workout 1: 30:28
Workout 2: 29:36

Bonus Express Step: 22:41

Premixes:
Workout 1 No Swings: 31:29
Workout 2 No Swings: 30:16
Workout 1 – 2 sets + swings: 28:36
Workout 2 – 2 sets + swings: 28:00
Express Workout 1: 1 set + swings: 21:22
Express Workout 2: 1 set + swings: 21:17
Combined Burnout Workout 1 & 2: 63:18
Combined Burnout Workout 1 & 2, no swings: 53:47
Workout 1 no cardio leg blasts: 38:31
Workout 2 no cardio leg blasts: 38:24
Lower Body Time Crunch Workouts 1&2 Legs + Swings: 23:52
Upper Body Time Crunch Workouts 1&2 Upper Body + Swings: 27:55

STS Graduate
MET-Rx 180 Graduate
Old 12-16-15, 09:11 PM  
Gibbee
VF Supporter

Just a thought on Strength & Stamina - if you don't want to do the swings but you want the cardio burst, you could sub something like air squats, squat digs, alternating knee pulls, jogging or marching in place, etc. to get the heart rate up.

STS Graduate
MET-Rx 180 Graduate
Old 12-17-15, 02:34 AM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Sounds good Gibbee, thanks for all that info!

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-15, 04:26 PM  
Jennifer P.
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibbee View Post
Just a thought on Strength & Stamina - if you don't want to do the swings but you want the cardio burst, you could sub something like air squats, squat digs, alternating knee pulls, jogging or marching in place, etc. to get the heart rate up.
Thanks! I hadn't thought of that, & it's a good idea, something I think I'd like--I don't like kettlebell swings, I think they're boring.

Let's keep this beautiful planet & all its wonderful creatures alive!
Jennifer P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-15, 04:40 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibbee View Post
Great! Or slide side to side... For those with a slide board! Or use a rebounder

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-15, 07:24 AM  
Gibbee
VF Supporter

I did AC2 2 rounds plus abs premix today. It was a great workout. I used 10's to match Kelly and Tatum except on the over the top (5). I did sub for the bear crawl row into press at first with a single arm row (lunge position) into overhead press but decided that you could sub a single arm row into a triceps extension if you didn't want to hinge at the hips to do an overhead press. Kind of hard to explain here. Anyway, I've had a pretty shoulder-intensive week so I decided to do that instead. Just enough abs to hit it all without overdoing it.

STS Graduate
MET-Rx 180 Graduate
Old 12-21-15, 07:02 PM  
Lori_Michigan

I finally got around to doing AC2 premix of two rounds + abs -- loved it! I never go above a 10 pound dumbbell anymore, but I was able to use a 10 with this one and it didn't feel too heavy. I thought I'd dread having to do exercises more than once (I have zero patience, and for some reason if I have repeat exercises or do a ton of reps I become instantly bored. Not my best quality!). The bear crawl thing was really awkward for my wrists but I just did push-ups instead. Her son is so adorbs! Good music too!
Lori_Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
athletic conditioning 2, kcm, kelly coffey meyer, strength and stamina