Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-10-20, 11:44 AM  
fanofladyvols

Christine so glad to read you were walking!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-20, 01:21 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Hi everyone!

So, the dentist update.....

Late last year I complained at length here about my long term dentist and how at my October check up she decided that 2 of my old fillings should be replaced even though they weren't giving me any problems at the time. She knew best, right?

Few days later I started experiencing screaming pain underneath the new fillings and ended up having to do 2 root canals. I had to wait for my endodontist appointments for several weeks and I was in pain all through Thanksviging and Christmas. The root canals were done at the end of January and I still had to go back to my family dentist to finish the work on both teeth and we're talking crowns. I was so happy that I was finally pain-free that I didn't want to go near the dentist for at least another month. That, and for the sake of replenishing my bank account since all that work (including the unnecessary replacement of my old fillings) cost me a fortune.

Then of course, COVID closings happened. Since I was no longer in pain, I didn't consider it an emergency and thought I'll have them finish the work when they reopen their office.

They reopened in June and I had to wait until July for my appointment. At my appointment mid-July, we went over my treatment plan and I've made couple of appointments in advance to get the work done asap. FOUR DAYS later I received an email from them (I've been a patient for 14 years) that they will no longer consider my dental insurance as in-network and my treatment to finish the work would cost me DOUBLE of what I anticipated! I understand they had to make a business decision, but they've made no offer to work with me whatsoever and after all, there is a big difference between paying $1000 out of pocket vs. $2000! Just buh bye! Have a good life. I felt like they left me hanging there and I was very disappointed how they handled it.

So, I had to find another in-network dentist asap and with that comes a hassle of making sure that my old dentist sends my records and hoping that I'll like the new dentist.

This morning I went to see my new dentist and I am happy to report that he seems to be competent, knowledgeable and decisive. I'm very happy with the work he'd already done today. Overall, I think I'll be happy that I switched offices. I think it was time and my old dentist simply forced my hand.

Thanks for listening!
Old 08-10-20, 02:21 PM  
fanofladyvols

Dana Happy to read that it sounds like you hit paydirt right out of the gate. How you got there though makes me upset for you. I'm sorry but thanks for the update.

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
Old 08-11-20, 06:03 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Monday's workouts were:

Faithful Workouts - Total Fitness: Cardio & Strength - 28 minutes;
Pilates Nest - Pilates for Knee Pain & Strength - 7 minutes

This workout from Michelle was a little more strength focused, although she started with some cardio. Good stretch at the end. Today I think I will try one of her Pazaz workouts.

No knee pain for me - that was just what was on Smriti's Shine rotation for the day. All standing - and I think, all strengthening type exercises for the entire lower body.

Dana - Glad your new dentist seems good. I agree, your old dentist made a "business" decision without considering the circumstances at all. You would have thought that they might "grandfather" in the finishing up of your dental work.

Christine - Yay! You are up and walking - that's such good news!

Linda - Well, BBOD does has that one program for old folks, and maybe one or two for true beginners, but none of them interested me. They know their market - and it's mostly pedal to the metal type workouts.

Donna - I haven't tried any of her yoga yet. I'm sure I will need to use a chair since I don't do any kind of flow yoga without using a chair.

Waves to Cheri and Brenda!

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-20, 07:23 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

This morning was Jessica and Jessica again!

Jessica Smith - You Tube 20 Min Fat Burning Cardio - this was from her "healthy for the holidays" playlist - which has now morphed into a 20 min or less playlist - a good selection of workouts on that playlist- one of them is one I did yesterday!

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...u_dq4LbXIqZ3cx

I am actually enjoying working a little harder - I know that sounds weird, but I feel it burns more stress and is more "relaxing" in the long run.

Jessica Valent - Pilates Ring Workout # 2 - this was a good routine using the ring, for whatever reason, probably her PT background, I always feel good after I do one of her routines.

Christine - glad you are back! Long story on the job situation - I actually had to re-apply b/c the job had been posted - and it has to stay posted for the length of time requested - so I'm in limbo. We shall see what happens. It closes next week so I just have to wait it out.

Dana - I'm glad the new dentist seems to be promising. It sounds like a real mess w/ your old dentist insisting on replacing the fillings, Sure, I guess they can see things we can't but it does seem very odd that all your troubles began w/her replacing them!

Carol - nice job w/ Michelle!!! Michelle has a ton of energy.....

Waves, Linda, Cheri, Brenda....

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-20, 09:25 AM  
cherimac

Monday: JV Arms and Abs
Today: JV Pilates Ring 2

Donna-i feel the same way lately with JV.

Linda, Carol, Christine-thank you. It's a hard time. Plus, I am doing management work on a bookseller salary. I haven't had a raise in a year and a half and could make more at Walmart or Target. BN is restructuring, and who knows what that will look like. It will be at least next January before there are real changes. With my husband’s health, I am thinking of just working part-time and talking to our financial advisor about our options. Thanks for listening.
Old 08-11-20, 09:50 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Today's workout was:

Faithful Workouts - Total Fitness Beginners: Pazaz: Get Dancing - 40 minutes

I liked this cardio routine much more than I thought I would! It was a pleasant surprise. Almost all cardio, with a little bit of lower body work at the end.

Cheri - That's too bad! I wish things were different for you at B&N.

Donna - I know what you mean! I'm enjoying working a little harder as well. I'm finished and I feel like I really did something. You are right about Michelle - she does have a lot of energy. I saw on Facebook where she and her hubby climbed Mount Elbert today - 2nd highest peak in the lower 48 states... And she turned 58 a couple of days ago.

Waves to all - I need to get myself to bed so I can be at our first in service meeting at 8 AM sharp.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-20, 06:38 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Good morning!

Just finished:

Pahla's Walk & Tone 25m. It's the new one this week. Basically same ole, but I'm OK with it. Gets the job done without any thinking involved on my part.
DY Total Body Fit 24m. This week's focus is on mobility and this class felt great! I'm still loving these!

Waves to all!
Old 08-12-20, 08:21 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

I don't know what came over me - well, actually, I sort of do - last night I was helping my DD at the barn re-arrange the jumps and it really highlighted how weak I have become...it is discouraging b/c I do workout consistently. So, I decided I really do need to get back on the horse, so to speak, and challenge myself once in awhile. The trick is to do it in a way that doesn't result in injury or burn out. Margaret Richard to the rescue!

Today was:

Classical Stretch - Season 12 - Episode 30
Margaret Richard Unplugged 2026 - chest (dreaded push-ups), biceps, delts, outer thigh (Pilates style but w/ ankle weights and hig rep)

I decided to work "backwards" from these series b/c whenever I try to work through a season I end up quitting before I get to the end, so I figured this way I will try some new to me episodes.

I do wish Unplugged had music....I also wish Margaret's streaming was not so expensive $25/ month as I enjoy doing the workouts w/ the original music.

My plan for the moment is to combine CS & MR - this has always been a good combo for me and try to get some decent cardio in. Since I have been working from home since the pandemic started my step count has suffered greatly.

I want to make a commitment to get at least 2 miles/30 min of cardio in most days. I really *should* take a lunch break and do it then - but I tend to get sucked in to work and then I'm afraid if I'm "missing" people are going to think I'm slacking off.

I'm also going to be flexible to allow myself to veer off every once in awhile and do a "wild card" workout - if i get too rigid w/ my plans I tend to burn out.

Carol - agreed, I did enjoy feeling like I worked a little harder, even though today was no cardio or sweat my muscles felt it - in fact, it was quite humbling how much I struggled to do push-ups ON MY KNEES. I think I may throw some Pazaz in for cardio - I enjoyed her Pazaz workouts - they are nice mixed impact cardio to good music which seems to be a thing of the past these day with everyone doing drills and HIIT all the time. Michelle is amazing, and i think her mom is too - isn't her mom close to 90 and still exercising w/ Michelle in the videos?

Dana - there is a bit of repetition in Pahla's workouts - but I still enjoy them - I don't mind her chatter - and I do think there is a method to her madness.

Cheri - I'm sorry about work being the way it is --- I hope you can find financial answers that would enable you to have a better life balance w/ your DH. That is most important.

Waves, Christine, Brenda, Linda....

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-20, 12:57 PM  
fanofladyvols

Hey everyone!

Donna I think we all go in spurts in our moods in what suits us. I love your Margaret Richard /CS combo. That's a complementary style that should make you feel good. And don't worry about feeling like you "lost" anything...your body will respond and the learning curve for your muscles will be shorter.

Carol pure cardio routines are hard to find in my collection. I'm not sure if that never appealed to me or if it was because I used to run so much.

Dana love mobility workouts!

Cheri that must be something that's happening with retail? I'm sorry that is happening to you as well. My DD is also doing mgmt responsibilities without the pay... including handling difficult customers bc the asst mgr who are young but older than her don't know how to deal with demanding situations without freaking out. She's able to stay calm and so they hand them over to her. Also knows how to problem solve when the system doesn't work exactly as it's supposed to and they stand there looking confused. She's reaching the end of her rope though. One day after closing a man came up and was mad they were closed and tried to prevent them from leaving by parking his car behind them. Ridiculous! I told her to call the cops next time.

Yesterday added Jessica's Prehab routine to KCM Boxfit pump. Today will be her barefoot fusion sculpt and KCM Boxfit cardio workout. Will see how that works together.
Happy Hump Dayyyy to Christine, Brenda and Beth!!