Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 08-09-20, 05:32 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Check-in: Sand City oceanview walk in the morning. Pacific Grove was too foggy. Some Pilates clams w/ resistance loop. L4 stretch.
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-20, 08:37 PM  
Diana3271

HI Everyone!

No workout to report but I stayed busy and I got my steps in.

Have a Blessed evening!

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

10 Pound Slimdown Xtreme Graduate 02/12
Insanity Graduate - I actually survived!
LM Combat 02/13
21 Day Fix Survivor! 6/14

Diana
Diana3271 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-20, 07:02 AM  
Diana3271

Good Morning, Everyone!

DH has 2 Dr's apts today. I set the alarm but didn't get up and chose to stay in bed a bit longer. Really hard to get moving today.

Last night: Basic stretches
This morning: Oxycise

Have a Blessed day, stay safe,healthy and a great start to your week!

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 08-10-20, 07:09 PM  
seabliss

Today I did a new Blogilates thighs workout, which she put out yesterday. The first section was various plies, and the rest was matwork that reminded me of Winsor Buns and Thighs, except a lot more (the intervals were 90 seconds per exercise). Then I did a 10-minute Fitness Blender dumbbell lower body workout to wear myself out. I also walked a mile outdoors.

I hope you are all having a great start to your week!

Cheryl
Old 08-10-20, 07:50 PM  
Diana3271

Hi Everyone!

DH had 2 Dr's apt's today, we had to take care of some business, went to the phone store and then to the pharmacy. The Dr. is starting DH on rheumatoid medication. The easiest thing for me to do today was an outdoor walk. Tomorrow we have a hair apt. We used to go to our hair apts after work and also have to eat dinner. We would end up home around 9 PM. Now our apts. are at 2 PM. After our apt. we will eat dinner out and be home early. I am grateful for that.

Check-In: 1 hour outdoor walk

Have a Blessed evening!

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 08-10-20, 09:28 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

New for me this week, I'm doing L4 weights and barre sections on alternate days. I'll also try to walk every day. And some stretch at bedtime.

Today I walked in Pacific Grove. Did L4 weighted legs. I keep track of the poundage on the download/printout chart. I'm going to get my 20-pounders out of storage. I used 17.5 for 2 of the exercises today, for the first time this rotation.
Old 08-11-20, 08:39 AM  
Diana3271

Good Morning, Everyone!

Last night: Basic stretches
This morning: Oxycise

Have a Blessed day, stay safe and healthy!

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 08-11-20, 05:04 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

My old computer didn't travel to other rooms very well. My new computer is fine with that, and I took it to my bed last night and did my stretch on the bedtop. Great. I did Rock a Bye Beast, the 5 min stretch from Body Beast. Slept well.

Today I walked in Pacific Grove after I dropped DD off, got my walk over with. Now more people on the trail have masks. Some of them actually wear them. Others have them in their hand, dangling from one ear, or on their face underneath the nose or under chin. Signs everywhere about $100 fine but absolute zero enforcement.

I recently asked for recommendations for barre cardio. It doesn't seem to mean (to other people) what I think it means. I did get a DVD that was recommended, Core Fusion Pure Intensity, and I did what I could with it today but it's not what I want. Five 10-min workouts each with a long boring warmup & stretch; yoga-ish moves with light weights, and miles of mountain climbers; not a barre in sight. I posted it on swapadvd. Back to Cardio Barre and P57 Cardio Blast.
Old 08-11-20, 06:07 PM  
seabliss

Today I did Fitness Blender: Complete Upper Body Workout for Strength & Toning, and I walked a mile. I was holding two extra pounds that alarmed me because it came on fast and then stuck last week, but I've been feeling sick (stomach aches, sharp stomach pains) which I figured out was from the strong preventative antibiotic the dentist gave me. I'm allergic to penicillin so they have to come up with something else. What they gave me was bad. I realized on Sunday after a day of increasing pain and stopped the antibiotic immediately, but still had pain through today. It's subsiding, and the bloat and pounds fell off during the day. So I feel relieved.

Cynthia, technology is great when it works well for you! One of my favorite possessions is my Wonderboom 2 bluetooth speaker. It sounds great and I can carry it anywhere and play Spotify through it while I work out or whatever. It's even waterproof. I am at a point where I just want to get rid of all the clutter in my life and keep the few things that I love--the clothes that suit me, etc. I'm also using Scribd for books, which is so handy. Instant reads of pretty much any book. Very nice during COVID when libraries are closed ... also, I hear you on people not following mask rules properly. So irritating. It seems our nation could be past this if we didn't have to insist on doing our own thing all the time. It worked for other nations.

Diana, I'm seeing some of the perks you're experiencing with retirement! I hope the meds work well for your DH with no side effects.

Waving to Lynn and Linda!

I'm pulling DD out of her charter school and will be doing an interactive homeschool program for her instead, because we will be moving and her school year will be uprooted otherwise. Besides, they are all schooling from home anyway. She's fine with this, so that's good.

Cheryl
Old 08-11-20, 08:27 PM  
Diana3271

Hi Everyone!

Check-In: 45 minute outdoor walk & Body Lastics Circuit Training workout

Have a Blessed evening!

LM Combat 02/13

Diana