Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-11-20, 03:53 PM  
patchworkpenguin

SB, 10 days! that's a lot time to wait for results! I guess they are really backed up!

Terri, I saw that Gina B has a new 'though the decades' walk and I was interested in how her DVD walks compare to her YT walks. Let me know what you think

Cambet, I misread you post and thought you had a zoom workout meeting after work. I was wondering how that worked but then I read it correctly. I've never been on zoom but I hear its like the Brady Bunch.

I need to get out in the camper and do some more work so we can put it in the back yard, where we feel its safer. The one downside is that once the slides are in we can't access the bulk of the camper, just the bathroom and bedroom. Not ideal but all those windows and floor space make up for it. The feels like is 104* so I'm not real excited about getting out there, but I can at least measure some things and put a few things in.

Today I had weights schedules but decided to keep up with the cardio. I checked my list to try Joanna Soh LI HIIT Cardio. She was okay but most of her workouts are kickboxing. I only found a few low impact and only one walking, but I can try a weight workout.

I was looking for someone else when I stumbles upon MOVE Fitness Wellness Lifestyle 2000step Power walk. Very little audio instruction and choppy edit but the workout was nice with fun music. I'll look for her again.

"An exercise in futility still counts as exercise!"

"There's a pattern to the randomness!" ~ Artie ~ Warehouse 13

"Weakness is hard, but weakness doesn't have to mean defeat!" ~ Lysa TerKeurst

"That's the only break you get, so I hope you enjoyed it" ~~Cathe, STS, Meso 2

patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-20, 07:31 AM  
cambet

Hi Ladies,

Yesterday I did 2 10 min Jessica walks, a 10 min walk around the yard, and at night I did CH: Cardio Round Up (I added a bit of intensity) to make it to 10,000 steps before midnight. Not sure what I'll do today, especially since I have a lot of work to do.

SB - I think it's better to be safe than sorry, so it was probably worth it to go ahead and get the Covid test. I've heard it's certainly no picnic (i.e. it's quite unpleasant ). I'm glad you're feeling better and hopefully in 10 days (which is way too long to have to wait for results!), you'll get negative results. Unfortunately, yes, work is already ramping up again.

Terri - Good job with your workouts, as always. I know that I need to add strength training back in, but I just don't feel like it. Some days I'm hard pressed to get in cardio! Maybe I'll think about some shorter weight workouts as add-ons. Like you said, from that thread in GD, it sounds like something is better than nothing.

Penguin - Glad that you found a workout that you like. While, in theory, I like variety, I'm such a creature of habit, so I keep turning to Jessica and Country Heat. These days I don't feel super motivated to work out at all, but I seem to be able to get myself to do familiar stuff that I enjoy. I do also enjoy checking out the workouts that you mention. Sounds like things are coming along nicely with the camper!

Waves to All!
Old 08-12-20, 07:53 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday I wasn't going to exercise but got a little restless so went for a 32 minute walk in the afternoon. Not an ideal time to walk when it's hot and humid but I wanted to get some movement. Not sure if I'll walk today, it's hot and humid again. If I do walk, I'll go soon though. I may do some weight work or pilates too.

TERRI, great job with the walking, stretching and weights. I do think splitting the weights up throughout the day would work for strength gains. They say splitting walks or cardio throughout the day works so it makes sense to me.

PENGUIN, glad you found a nice workout. Good luck with the camper work in that heat.

CAMBET, nice job getting your steps in. I hope you're able to get some activity in today.

Waves to all. Stay well everyone!!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-20, 02:11 PM  
glavtx
VF Supporter

I feel so happy! I actually have been having fun doing exercise again!!!
I'd gotten over the "sit and do nothing all day" that I was stuck in for so long, and have been consistent walking on the treadmill. BUT, that wasn't really exercise, just movement to keep myself able to move. And it wasn't fun.
Since I've been back on VF, and actually trying different stuff, I'm enjoying exercise!
This morning, before a 2nd cup of coffee, I did Dance That Walk Latin, warm up, 1st segment, cool down, and few yoga stretches. I didn't want to get realy sweaty that early.
Later I did get on the treadmill and walk for 40 minutes, and stretch after. Later still, I did the CS waist and some of her posture routine, about 4 minutes of a Tai Chi routine, and then the Fabulous 50's 1 Mile walk, but using 1 LB hand weights. I tried her 10 minute arm routine, but my shoulders said not today, they'd had enough.

SB, even though I did split the weights, I had some DOMS today, I guess because I haven't done any in too long.

Cambet, good going with all the walks!

Penguin, the Gina B on Prime is the 1st time I've seen her. Since there are 6 of them free, I'm going to try and get to all of them because the Latin one has been fun.

If the only prayer you say in your life is Thank You, that would suffice.
Meister Eckhart

It is our resistance to things as they are that causes most unhappiness.

When you rise in the morning, give thanks for the light, for your life, for your
strength. Give thanks for your food and for the joy of living. If you see no
reason to give thanks, the fault lies in yourself. Tecumseh
glavtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-20, 02:13 PM  
patchworkpenguin

So we got most of the stuff in the camper, especially the stuff that I was tripping over. There's wasn't a lot of method, just stuff it in the general area, and we'll figure it out later. Sadly there are no plans for a trip soon.

In an effort to try new people I tried Fit Body by Ashley. Island Girl dance workout. Music but very little instruction, I had trouble keeping up with her fast pace but I can always do an easy step. She only did a few moves per song so that made it easier to learn. Nice outdoor setting. I'd be happy to try her again.

Then I did Fitness Type, whom I've tried before. Easy, familiar moves for a sweaty workout. 20m Low Impact Cardio, done HIIT fashion.

SB, Good job getting the workout in

Cambet, I like how dedicated you are to getting in your 10,000 steps.

Old 08-13-20, 07:22 AM  
cambet

Hi Ladies,

Yesterday I did a 15 min walk around my yard. I had planned to do a step routine later to make it to 10,000 steps (I even previewed the workout beforehand), but I fell asleep before I actually got up and did it. I'm a little concerned that I'm seeing a pattern that as I have ramped up my work this week, I've fallen asleep twice before I got my main workout in. Hmm. . . going to have to figure that out. I've just felt so tired this week. Maybe I can try working out a little earlier.

Today we have part two of the Teach-In, which I am helping to moderate, so no workout this morning, and otherwise I have a full work day ahead of me. I'm going to try to get in something this evening.

Reading your posts about enthusiastically getting in your workouts is motivating!

SB - Glad you're feeling better and was able to get in a walk yesterday!

Terri - Wow, I can feel your excitement about enjoying your workouts again. That is awesome!

Penguin - Glad the camper is coming along. I'm definitely going to to check out the Island Girl workout. You're finding so much variety!

Waves to All!
Old 08-13-20, 08:14 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

DD wanted to take a short walk yesterday afternoon but when I saw it was 96 degrees and almost as much humidity we decided to pass. I did volume 2 of MR's Strong & Limber for Life. They're expecting rain today so I have to get out there and walk soon. I received the new KCM's a few days ago and maybe should try to check those out soon too.

TERRI, great job with your workouts! Glad to see you're enjoying it again.
What a great feeling. Variety certainly helps.

PENGUIN, glad you found another instructor you'll try again.

CAMBET, good to see you got some movement in with your increased work schedule. I'm sure it will take a little time to get adjusted but hopefully you can figure out a way to fit it more exercise.

Waves to all. Stay well everyone!
Old 08-13-20, 12:52 PM  
glavtx
VF Supporter

Cambet, getting back to working must be tiring you out mentally, and your body wants some rest. You'll get used to it in time, I'm sure.

Penguin, there was an article in my local paper today about how many people are buying campers and RVs now for vacations instead of going to a hotel. I hope you get to use the new one soon.

SB, the heat is so draining, I hate just walking to put out the trash!

I've done 30 minutes on the treadmill, and stretched. I'm telling myself not to do a "real" workout today, since I've just started back, and do not want an injury.
BUT, I found a box filled 21 with shrink wrapped CIA workouts (VHS) that's got 11/14/03 in the label! I think there must've been a huge sale, because I never would've bought that many tapes otherwise. I don't even know if I have a working tape player, but do want to try some.

If the only prayer you say in your life is Thank You, that would suffice.
Meister Eckhart

It is our resistance to things as they are that causes most unhappiness.

When you rise in the morning, give thanks for the light, for your life, for your
strength. Give thanks for your food and for the joy of living. If you see no
reason to give thanks, the fault lies in yourself. Tecumseh
glavtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-20, 02:52 PM  
patchworkpenguin

Cambet, I generally get very sleepy and want to take a nap after my workout. Its very frustrating for me . I'm not sure why, its not like any of my workouts are super intense.

SB, we had hard rain all morning but it seems to have stopped until midnight. Let us know what you think of the KCMs

Terri, we hope we get to go on vacation soon also. It does seem a long time since the last one even though its only been a few weeks but so much has happened. I know when CIA went out of business I bought as many tapes as I could, I think they had a flat fee and they would send you as many as your had on your list that they still had. I eventually converted them to DVD.

Today was another Goldilocks workout. I started with Abby Pollock 20M LI HIIT but only did round 1 of 2. There was no music, she talks really fast and a lot of the exercises were similar.

Then I tried Michelle Hales 20M HIIT. music, little instruction and I did rounds 2/3 this time.

LI Full Body Cardio by Hana Milly followed, I did all of that one but probably won't do her again. Too much modification for moves like bear crawl {which I don't even consider cardio}

Two 5M workouts by Bailey Brown. Most of her cardio workouts seem to be a mix of boxing and pilates neither of which I like. Her workouts are filmed on a lovely beach and she's perky and enthusiastic, but I'll try her again anyway :P

I have noticed that my search for Low Impact Cardio doesn't always give me what I want. I started one workout that was labeled LIC but we started standing still with weights. I don't want to stand still on cardio days! Or LIC still means pushups and burpees. I was hoping for a change from walking workouts but I seem to like those better. I have noticed that how much I like the instructor determines on how hard I'll work within my parameters.

Have a good weekend.

Old 08-14-20, 09:15 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday I did a 42 minute walk in the morning and that was it for the day.
It was threatening rain the whole time and I almost didn't go but it never did rain and I was glad I did it. I am planning a walk shortly and hope to add on either some weights or pilates.

TERRI, it's a good idea not to overdue it so a rest day sounds sensible.
Wow that's a long time to have some shrinkwrapped VHS . I got rid of all my VHS a few years ago but I'm sure there were some in the pile that I had never done.

PENGUIN, that's quite a frankenworkout you did. That's really a shame how the workout titles are so misleading. I'm not feeling KCM lately but I'm sure I'll get to them soon.

Waves to all. Have a great day everyone!