Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 08-10-20, 04:03 PM  
Vantreesta

Thanks, MT. I hope she's okay. Do you still use MyFitnessPal?

Katie and Sherry, nice job getting your workouts and walks in! Good thinking to set a timer to get up and stretch.

I don't remember what I last posted. Friday all I did was the DYY challenge bc I felt exhausted again. Saturday night late I actually did an episode of Happy Yoga With Sarah Starr before bed. I had a terrible headache and anxiety and thought it might help. Yesterday I didn't do anything. I gotta get back to being active on wknds. Taking a rest is one thing but sitting in front of the TV for nearly two whole days is just not good for me!This morning I did the DYY challenge before our walk. I was supposed to run errands but I've been downloading some videos that are taking forever and still going so I haven't gone anywhere since my phone is my hotspot and only internet. I did do S11E12 of Classical Stretch. Of course, I feel like I did nothing but I'm still counting it.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-20, 04:17 PM  
Vantreesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathTeacher View Post
Vannie, I admire you for walking four miles. My hip would scream at me!

So far I have recorded two videos for my kids. I hope to do more tomorrow. I get easily distracted and I feel weird talking to myself in my classroom.
MT, here's a video from Bob and Brad for hip pain when walking.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7nnGa8B4kko

My nephews are back in school already but right now it is all online. They actually have to check in for each period and sounds like there is more accountability than there was in the spring when this all started. I hope schools have found better ways to do this. I can't imagine how hard it is for teachers, students and parents.

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 08-10-20, 09:30 PM  
Vantreesta

I'm trying not to be so bummed about all those old threads being purged but I'm only partly successful. So much lost stuff, including Mom's posts.

Old 08-10-20, 11:15 PM  
Leonana

I’m sorry, Vannie.

I did two workouts today, unusual for me unless they are very short. But I had a lot of energy this morning, I didn’t work out yesterday. I did Jessica Smith’s Standing Strength and Pahla Bowers Walk and Tone. I’m feeling pretty worked out now!
Old 08-12-20, 01:58 PM  
Leonana

Today was Jessica's Back Friendly Total Body Strength workout. I needed something more gentle today, I think I overdid it on Monday with those two workouts!

My right heel was bothering me, it seems I developed PF. I think the culprit is my sandals, they are a year old, and I need to replace them. I also workout barefoot, because I have carpet in my bedroom, and I do low impact. However, I need to wear my tennis shoes. I wore tennis shoes today, and noticed a difference.

My heel was painful last night, and I also noticed my piriformis was really tight. I wondered if that had an effect on my heel. I found this video, from a channel called Doctor Jo. She is a PT, and it looks like she has a lot good stretching videos. I did: 5 Best Sciatica Stretches for Piriformis Syndrome. While doing the stretches, I could feel it all the way in my calf and heel, so I wonder if I have sciatica along with the PF. Anyway, my heel and calf feel much better, the stretches were great. My right glute is still a bit sore.
Old 08-13-20, 06:00 PM  
Vantreesta

I've had a low day: exhausted, headache, missing my moms. It was hot already by the time we walked this morning and Cyric was only willing to do a mile. I ended up sleeping about a 1 1/2 hours after we got back. I never even did my DoYouYoga challenge like I usually do before breakfast. I was supposed to run today but btwn the heat and low energy it wasn't happening. I was so blah I ate ice cream for lunch and ended up taking another nap. Neither of my teams are playing today so i will try to get to bed at a decent time and hopefully i can sleep after the naps.

Old 08-13-20, 06:04 PM  
Vantreesta

Sherry, I workout barefoot too. Even when I had PF, actually, bc shoes made it worse. My doctor at the time got onto me for being barefoot all the time in the house. I think I had tarsal tunnel syndrome at the same time though so that makes a difference. I should clarify, I'm barefoot for videos that aren't step or using one of my machines. Sometimes I even jump rope barefoot but I wasn't doing that when I had PF. Stretching the calves makes such a difference. I'm trying to remember, didn't you deal with this several years ago too? I would be getting new shoes ASAP! Hope it goes away soon.

Old 08-13-20, 07:35 PM  
Leonana

Thanks, Vannie. Apparently, I need to wear shoes, even though I do low impact on my bedroom carpet. Wearing tennis shoes while working out yesterday seems to have fixed it. I also did a lot of stretching of my calves and piriformis.

But it could have been the sandals that I wear when I go somewhere. They were a year old and losing their support. I first noticed my feet hurting after wearing them for a few hours. Working out without shoes was the cherry on top of the sunday, I guess. I ordered new sandals. I'll try working out barefoot again once my feet feel better.
Old 08-13-20, 09:45 PM  
Vantreesta

I almost never wear sandals unless I know I won't be walking much. And I only wear flip flops by pools. I wear walking shoes if I think there's any chance I might be walking more than around a store. But I've also never spent the money on good sandals so that may make a difference. I'm glad it's feeling some better already and you got the new sandals ordered.

Old 08-14-20, 07:30 AM  
Vantreesta

Shane at Dark Horse Rowing posted a good foam rolling instructional video. He does aim it at rowing muscles so doesn't address the whole body but I thought it was good. Of course, I love Shane so there is that.

https://youtu.be/QeWpKV9bQJc