Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 08-07-20, 02:39 PM  
Vantreesta

I have wanted to jump on the elliptical several times but I can't get the display to work and of course if I don't have stats it didn't happen! It's hardly been used but the batteries don't seem to be working. I emailed customer service to find out the cost of a power adapter but that was I think Monday and haven't heard a thing from them except for we got your email. Grr.

It's just been that kind of week. Thankfully nothing bad or important, just those irritating things that pile up. The display on my Fitbit died so I'm trying to decide btwn Charge 3 and 4. My computer would not cooperate on Wednesday and I had to miss grief support group bc couldn't get anything to come up. Yesterday I tossed a dumbbell along the floor and smashed my finger with it, pulling the nail away some from the skin. Tuesday and today I have had almost zero energy, not sure why on Tuesday but last night I was up till 1 bc I wasn't tired so I get why I am today. At least it's just little things, I can roll with this.

I ran Mon and Wed, did the DYY yoga challenge every day, yesterday did PowerFit and Core Fusion, oh and an episode of Happy Yoga with Sarah Starr. I worked some in the spare room yesterday, cleaned bathrooms Monday, dusting today. What I would love is to do is a nice slow flowy yoga practice then curl up with Cyric and my crochet. And a chai tea. Maybe I can make those things happen this wknd.

Sandy, I feel sad you can't watch your bunnies anymore. Animals just make life so much more enjoyable.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-20, 07:34 PM  
buffmama

altra's supralantes

Has anyone tried these? If so, any opinions?

Sandy -That's a sad bunny story. We love seeing animals while hiking and get excited about them all.
Old 08-09-20, 08:09 PM  
SandyO

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffmama View Post
Has anyone tried these? If so, any opinions?

Sandy -That's a sad bunny story. We love seeing animals while hiking and get excited about them all.
I just read reviews on Altra website, runs big, runs small, more narrow than most Altra's, plenty of room in the upper... I like the idea as I love both the Superior and the Escalante. I guess with the Superior outsole they work for trails, and I imagine you could also use them on the road. The Escalante upper is very comfortable. Superior is a minimal shoe, so if you do a lot of long runs, you may not like that.

I have the one bunny pretty consistently. I brought him/her out fresh compost this morning, and he hopped into the next yard, but he came back to investigate. I brought him out more fresh this evening, and the same sequence of events. I'm hopeful he learns when I come out, I'm not scary and bring treats.
Old 08-10-20, 03:59 PM  
Vantreesta

I don't remember what I last posted. Friday all I did was the DYY challenge bc I felt exhausted again. Saturday night late I actually did an episode of Happy Yoga With Sarah Starr before bed. I had a terrible headache and anxiety and thought it might help. Yesterday I didn't do anything. I gotta get back to being active on wknds. Taking a rest is one thing but sitting in front of the TV for nearly two whole days is just not good for me!This morning I did the DYY challenge before our walk. I was supposed to run errands but I've been downloading some videos that are taking forever and still going so I haven't gone anywhere since my phone is my hotspot and only internet. I did do S11E12 of Classical Stretch. Of course, I feel like I did nothing but I'm still counting it.

Buff, the last new shoes I got was the Duos so I'm no help.

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 08-12-20, 08:38 AM  
buffmama

Thanks for the Altra info Sandy and Vannie. Looks like they're out of stock so I guess I don't have to decide. Someone remind me to pick up heavier weights going forward. I upped my poundage on legs today and they are talking back.
Old 08-13-20, 08:12 AM  
SandyO

So far in the egress window well, we've caught three rodents in increasing size... a mouse size thing, a chipmunk, and last night a baby bunny. For the first two, I put a long board with fabric over it to make a ramp, and while the chipmunk was smart enough to figure it out, the "mouse" was too dumb and died. Of course, the cute baby bunny was the easiest of all. I just picked her up and released her. I am so happy to see there is a baby in the neighborhood. Ben wants the well covered because he doesn't want any more animals keeping him awake at night.

I had already gotten up a bit late to get out for my Thur run, but after the bunny release, I decided to skip it. It's rather nice not having any races I'm trying to build up for.

Sandy O
Old 08-13-20, 08:27 AM  
buffmama

Sandy You're critter encounters made my day. Visualizing it, priceless.
Old 08-13-20, 05:59 PM  
Vantreesta

I've had a low day: exhausted, headache, missing my moms. It was hot already by the time we walked this morning and Cyric was only willing to do a mile. I ended up sleeping about a 1 1/2 hours after we got back. I never even did my DoYouYoga challenge like I usually do before breakfast. I was supposed to run today but btwn the heat and low energy it wasn't happening. I was so blah I ate ice cream for lunch and ended up taking another nap. Neither of my teams are playing today so i will try to get to bed at a decent time and hopefully i can sleep after the naps.

Old 08-14-20, 07:55 AM  
SandyO

I hiked Wed and Thur afternoons at Northwest Park, and the bugs were out in force. Thur Ben went with me, and we used the bug spray. He really enjoyed the trails but not the bugs. We will for sure get in more miles there Oct-Nov.

I did double the distance at Pinehurst on the trails this am, and it was amazing. It's not really buggy, or maybe I run fast. Ha ha ha.

Sandy O
Old 08-14-20, 08:27 PM  
Vantreesta

I took another hour long nap this morning after we walked only a mile again. I think it's possible grief is affecting my energy levels. I feel like I'm dealing with it all pretty well but who really knows. Meditation isn't the same as therapy but I think it's uncovering some stuff I haven't dealt with. I did do my quick yoga before breakfast.