Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-06-13, 12:27 PM  
tytbody
VF Supporter

it's a shame. Our's skips saturdays some time also. or when he's out someone doesn't want to do his route.

And they went up in price. I went to send a priority mail medium and it's $12+. I had sold something on ebay and said it was $11. I got zapped with the price increase. stinks.

~~~Cheryl

Completed a 10 day Pilates Challenge 2019
Completed Pilates 7 day Challenge 2019

Live Life Simply -Simply Love Life
tytbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-13, 12:58 PM  
SpiritYogi

Quote:
Originally Posted by toaster View Post
I know that they had to do something, but I'm still disappointed--I'm old-fashioned and LOVE getting mail!
I'm with you, toaster. I get quite a bit of mail and actually look forward to seeing what I get each day. One thing that will be a big disadvantage for me is my Netflix subscription. I'll have to try to keep an eye on my account and time it so no discs are sent to me on Fridays since I won't get them until the following Monday, and I'll have to take any movies I get on Fridays to the Post Office on Saturday for timely turnaround.
SpiritYogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-13, 01:00 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Dena, that is a pain! Hopefully the POs won't close on Saturdays also.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-13, 01:07 PM  
lselbach
VF Supporter

I live in a rural area, and haven't had mail delivery at home in well over a decade. This is one of their cutbacks that will have no effect on me, whatsoever.
Old 02-06-13, 01:24 PM  
Pam

I also live in a rural area and the hours of operation for the post offices in this area are being cut from 8 hours a day to only being opened 4 hours a day. The building is always open so we can access our PO Boxes, but will have to plan ahead to mail packages.

Iselbach--Are the hours of your PO being cut as well?
Pam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-13, 01:57 PM  
wlorrie

I'm ok with the USPS reducing delivery days, but I think they it should be weekday like Tuesday or Thursday. For some business or people who are "waiting for that check to come," having a 2-day delay could be devasating.
Lorrie
wlorrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-13, 02:40 PM  
moonbeam31

forgive me in advance, I am a blond, but this means no more dvds delivered on Saturdays? How about other mail?
moonbeam31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-13, 03:00 PM  
laurajhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonbeam31 View Post
forgive me in advance, I am a blond, but this means no more dvds delivered on Saturdays? How about other mail?
Actually, I think the DVDs will keep coming. I have NOT read that package delivery will be limited to express/priority packages; I think it's all packages. Here's what NBCNews.com says:

"The postal service said on Wednesday it will continue to deliver packages, mail-order medicine, and express mail on Saturday, but not letters, bills, cards, and catalogs. Post offices which are now open on Saturdays will continue to be open on Saturdays."

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-13, 03:03 PM  
Stephanie_B

I do agree it'd be better to be closed on say a Wednesday because of people expecting checks, but then I suppose the check doesn't clear anyway until the following business day so who knows.

Alta we had one mail carrier when I moved to a new neighborhood where EVERYONE on the street didn't get mail but 2-3 times a week. About 2 years later we all had BINS of mail on our porch. The mail carrier had been NOT delivering, supposedly hoarding it, and the law says we had to get the mail regardless of how long ago it was sent. You can only imagine the amount of pizza coupons, credit card offers, and other stuff that isn't really in my opinion "important" we had to go through (but I am glad the post office finally listened to our complaints because bills were constantly late and this was before MOST people had internet or bill pay type things so it was a huge hassel to remember to call each and every utility company hoping you didn't miss a date).

If you can't do it today what makes you think you will do it tomorrow?

DISCLOSURE: I had a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Stephanie_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-13, 03:21 PM  
carres1973

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephanie_B View Post
I do agree it'd be better to be closed on say a Wednesday because of people expecting checks, but then I suppose the check doesn't clear anyway until the following business day so who knows.

Alta we had one mail carrier when I moved to a new neighborhood where EVERYONE on the street didn't get mail but 2-3 times a week. About 2 years later we all had BINS of mail on our porch. The mail carrier had been NOT delivering, supposedly hoarding it, and the law says we had to get the mail regardless of how long ago it was sent. You can only imagine the amount of pizza coupons, credit card offers, and other stuff that isn't really in my opinion "important" we had to go through (but I am glad the post office finally listened to our complaints because bills were constantly late and this was before MOST people had internet or bill pay type things so it was a huge hassel to remember to call each and every utility company hoping you didn't miss a date).
Reminds me of that episode of Seinfeld where it is shown that Newman doesn't deliver the mail, and stores bags all over the place!

I can't remember which one it is (maybe both??), UPS or FedEx, but I don't get their package deliveries on Saturdays. Really annoying, that!

Carrie
carres1973 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
postal woes, usps