Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-17-20, 08:02 PM  
Mickey12

Quote:
Originally Posted by cataddict View Post
Happy Sunday, friends!

Today I did Supersets from the Body Blast series. I liked it much better than I expected. There was no repetition and there were some different moves using the stability ball. I didn't even mind the barbell work and I've kind of drifted away from using the barbell. I can't remember when I last did this workout, it pretty much seemed new to me!

I looked on You Tube intending to sample some Marcus Irwin. Instead, I found a Christi Taylor hi lo workout that I don't have already (Totally Hot Cardio, I think it was?) and did that instead. I was intending to do it for 30 minutes when the song "Bang on the Drum" came on and I was having so much fun listening to it I just kept going. Following that song was Devil With the Blue Dress and yes, I kept going. This is such a fun workout! Don't know why I never purchased it and now I don't have to!

kittybug, you MUST try the Rebecca Small step workout! So much fun!! And congratulations on finishing X77! You definitely ARE a beast!! (or crazy )

Kim, I agree on maybe getting 2 kittens. They can keep each other company and play with each other and if you are lucky they will wear each other out. They have a ton of energy!

I have a hair appointment on Wednesday. The grey will go away but I think I'll keep the length pretty much as is.

Waving to all! Next week I am still doing mix and match of Body Blast workouts although I'm close to having done most of them. I'll maybe add some You Tubes depending on what I find. The Cathe Lives this week are ones I've done several times so I'm not doing them again. Obviously I have the most random type of rotation ever!
Cataddict I think Christi Taylor workouts are some of the most fun ever created! The way she was able to pick music that fit so perfectly well with the moves was better than anyone else IMO. I sooo wish she was still making DVDs.

My husband isn’t really a cat fan, so he has said I can get one. more. cat. But, it seems my nephew isn’t going to keep the mama cat, so I might take her instead. She’s mostly black with white paws and bib. I just have to figure out getting to see them in person with social distancing in place.

Kim
Mickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-20, 08:06 PM  
lavna

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittybug View Post
Gals, I did do X77 today...and I might never, ever do that to myself again. Hands down, that was THE hardest Cathe workout I've ever done, harder than Imax 3, Tabatacise, any of the longer Cross Fire or Intensity or To the Max premixes, just unbelievably hard! I will say I really enjoyed most of the music in this one though...very fun and motivating. But it was so hard, I started having to take breaks after only 30 minutes, so it took me at least 10 more minutes to get through than the 77 it's listed as! My hair was soaked all the way out to the ends, every single strand!

Nathalie, you took the words out of my mouth on Cathe and her triceps! I can frequently keep up with her on weights for lots of stuff but triceps? Oh, heck NO. It is NOT just you. She's just some kind of genetically engineered beast.

Manleym, my hair cut is this coming week, just a few more days and cannot wait!
I'm SO impressed that you were able to do X77. Each section might be doable but when you put them altogether, it's a killer workout. She starts it tough right from the start with that step section. And the 4th one, the cardio only is tough also (especially after the other 3!!) You can be proud of yourself. You are one fierce lady!

The floor section of Great glutes is tough but quite effective. And the section with the discs is fun!

I'm so glad that I'm not alone not being able to keep with Cathe on triceps!

You're so lucky that hair salons are open. I say that sometimes a hair cut feels like a "face lift".

I did Live 261 today, UB ball-tastic. A good strength workout, not too hard, which was just what I needed!

Waves to everyone!
Nathalie
lavna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-20, 08:47 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

cataddict, yes, Supersets was really fun for me last week, too -- I don't know why I don't do that more often. I was going to try that Christi Taylor one time but I heard the choreography is pretty tricky, so it scared me off. Maybe I should try it.

Kittens or puppies.... either way I think two at a time is better because of the keeping themselves occupied factor. We've gotten puppies twice, and both times we got two together (the first time they were from the same litter, but not the second time). It worked out really well. Our friends got a new puppy not quite a year ago and boy they have had such a hard time with that one pup!!

kittybug..... x77?! That's all I have to say. Sounds like you are very careful about the gluten at this point -- good for you! I have to get back to it -- I can't stop eating and I completely blame the sourdough bread. Well, and boredom. Ug!!

Complete rest day for me today. Instead I went to our local market -- first time I have been in a grocery store since the beginning of March! I was the only shopper in the store. I felt so safe and it was good to get that done but when I got home it was raining pretty hard, so all the unloading happened in the rain. As soon as I opened the back of the car to get the groceries out, a bottle of spaghetti that had gotten loose fell right out of the car and broke, so I had to clean that up pretty well so my dogs wouldn't eat glass. I was very wet by the time it was all done.

Oh, and I forgot to tell you guys, my husband found a squat rack/cage (I'm not even sure of the terminology) someone was selling. That is now disassembled in our workout room. My son and I were going to put it together after the grocery run, but then he realized he needed to start a math "quiz". He has been working on this quiz all day -- taking breaks, yes, but pretty intense work. I would call that a test, not a quiz! At any rate, I'm going to have to move the parts in order to start a workout tomorrow.

I may try abs first! Let's see.... someone mentioned an effective six minute ab segment -- I'm going to look for that.
Old 05-18-20, 02:56 PM  
Mickey12

Bee I can sympathize with you on the jar of spaghetti sauce breaking. I did that fairly recently. It fell in our garage and I had saucy shards of glass all over the place. At least mine was not broken out in the rain though. I hope your day got better after that.

Yippee on the squat rack/cage thing. I love it when I get new fitness things. Our county is opening up this Friday and I'm wondering if my husband's gym will be open. He's anxious to get back. I'm curious about how people will work out wearing masks though. I don't know if I could tolerate it - I mean, with breathing so heavily and sweating, it's got to be uncomfortable. I guess we will find out in time.

Kim
Old 05-18-20, 02:58 PM  
Mickey12

Kittybug, what disc/workout is that X77 workout on? NOT LIKE I AM EVER GOING TO DO IT, but I'm curious.

Congrats to you on doing it. It takes lots of determination, I would imagine, to finish a workout that hard. You rock!

Kim
Old 05-18-20, 03:30 PM  
lavna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey12 View Post
Kittybug, what disc/workout is that X77 workout on? NOT LIKE I AM EVER GOING TO DO IT, but I'm curious.

Congrats to you on doing it. It takes lots of determination, I would imagine, to finish a workout that hard. You rock!

Kim
Hi Kim,

It's a premix of X10. It refers to the length of the workout. IIRC, X77 has all 5 segments.

Nathalie
lavna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-20, 03:55 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

OMG, Kim, I laughed out loud at your X77 question/comment!!! So funny. I feel the same.

Regarding your husband's gym and masks..... a friend of mine lives in Seoul and just this week they started making everyone wear masks at her yoga class. She said it was horrible -- hard to breathe.

This morning I took a cue from you guys and did Step, Jump, Pump. As others have said..... fun!!! I loved Cedie's face during the cardio portions of this -- she looked like she was having a blast. I have to remember to think about the cardio premix for cardio days. That last segment of low impact was the best, wasn't it? Oh, and I did the abs -- not before, but I did them.
Old 05-18-20, 07:21 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Hey fierce friends!!

Today was Great Glutes, the extreme premix that combines all sections and I LOVE THIS workout...zero dread and yet I feel thoroughly worked and will probably be sore tomorrow! Millions of pizza presses made me just want pizza, hah hah hah!

Oh, Cataddict, I was so going to do one of the Party Rockin' steps tomorrow but you have me wanting to try Rebecca instead!!!

Kim, kittens are better in pairs when your resident cat is older! Tell your husband that! Or YES, take mamma, that's a wonderful idea! Keep us posted on how that goes...hope you can arrange it soon with all the distancing in place making things more difficult!

Nathalie, I realized why I'd only ever done X65 in the past...I got X10 before ever reacquiring a step! I so agree with you...that step part right out of the gate was BRUTAL and really did me in, honestly! By the time the low impact was over, everything caught up with me and I thought really, there's another three sections to go still???

I love Cathe's live upper body workouts and really wish she'd do more DVD workouts like those, the ones that incorporate cardio and upper body together and keep moving, moving, moving in an absolute sweat fest! I know I could do downloads...but I want my DVDs!!

Bee, that's simply AWFUL on the sauce and glass in the rain, no less! But you got a squat rack, you got a squat rack, and you MUST keep us posted on that so I can be jealous from afar!!

And Kim, hah hah hah...I don't think I'll ever do that again either, but like Nathalie said, this is the X10 DVD.

And yeah, how on EARTH do you breathe in a mask while working out???? A friend of mine finally was able to visit the salon and after they took her temperature, she then had to wear what she describes as a garbage bag to cover her (they can't use capes now) and a mask the entire time apart from when each side of her head was being colored, then she had to remove just that side of the mask. Um, my decision to stop coloring has never come at a better time, as hair cuts are a much faster appointment!

Waves to all, hope the start of your week is wonderful! Stay fierce!!
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-20, 10:59 AM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

So much great conversation girls!! Love reading your posts!

Started the week with a little frustration. I was going to do one of my Cathe Lives but I had a new-to-me kettlebell workout (Pavel) and really wanted to try it. Ho hum. The moves are fine but its not really a follow along workout. Pavel just has two girls demo all the moves. Lots of down time. If I do this again I'm just going to keep doing the moves all the time he's talking.

Today back to Cathe!! I did Kick Max which I love but hadn't done since 2016. According to my log notes I didn't like the high impact. Today was great! Weight loss has made a big difference on my jumping so I went for it and had a blast. Did the full workout including the leg toning. Yow! Good stuff and I wonder if I could use ankle weights next time.

Looking forward to High Step Challenge tomorrow. Looks like a blast (I previewed). I have never done this one at all. All the posts I've read makes it sound like a super workout!

Hope you all are still well. Sorry for the brief and far between posts. I have been dealing with lots of family stuff (on the phone a lot) and the time gets away from me.

Hugs and love. Stay fierce!!!

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-20, 11:50 AM  
bee
VF Supporter

Well, if a broken spaghetti sauce jar is the worst of my life, I'm doing pretty well. I was a little whiny about that, wasn't I? In retrospect it was somewhat humorous, as are many things in life.

I'm not sure I'll do much with that squat rack, kittybug -- it was more for my 21 year old than me, but.... I did realize that I could hook up my fake TRX (Rip 60, I think they were called?) to it and do some of those moves -- I'm excited about that!

I can't imagine any fitness classes with a mask on!

KateTT, being able to do the high impact with no issues must have been such a terrific feeling! Good for you!! I haven't done kickmax in a long time, either, and I do sort of remember it feeling tedious. I think I want to try high step challenge again, too. I love the way you guys are going through the workouts and getting me to re-look at them or check out premixes!

This morning I did Amy Dixon Breathless Body #2 -- I think that's the only one I own, though I feel like I may have had one and traded it away. I really liked this -- as someone else mentioned, it's great having the multiple levels of each drill available. I almost put in Dressed Up Drills, thinking that was it, but realized my not quite awake mistake in the nick of time. I don't think I like that one very much, though I should try it again.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful day.

Tags
analysis paralysis, cathe, cathe rotation, cathe rotation checkin, cathe rotations, too many choices, too many options, variety, watulan check-in