Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-12-20, 07:28 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Hi friends!

Sunday I did a mish mosh of Step Blast and Step, Jump and Pump since it was a cardio day and I've already done the cardio in the Intensity series. Here was my combo--Step Blast warm up, combos 2 and 3 and the Challenge followed by the first hi/lo combo of Step, Jump and Pump. Random I know. I originally planned on doing some weight work after this but felt I had enough.

Yesterday I did some walking (maybe 5 miles or so).

Today I did another mish mosh of Step Blast and Step, Jump and Pump using the segments of each that I didn't do on Sunday (except the warm up since I hate the song Abracadabra by Steve Miller that is in Step, Jump and Pump's warm up). It was about an hour. I hadn't done either of these DVDs in awhile and I had forgotten how fun they are! I thoroughly enjoyed my mixes.

I also cracked open Jari's Jacked that I got in Mary's sale. I planned on doing a 30 minute sampling of it since it's 80 minutes long in total but it didn't happen that way. I skipped the warm up since I had just finished the cardio workout. I also skipped the abs section. Despite that, by the time I looked at my watch I had done over an hour of work! I admit when I listened to the introduction I was skeptical as to whether I would like this or not but I gave it a shot. I like the guy Rob who did most of the instruction. He was encouraging and gave some excellent form pointers and reminders IMHO. One of the female exercisers led the ab segment and part of the leg segment. I liked her as well. I remember seeing her in other Jari workouts.

A few comments: I wish the warm up was separately listed as a 'chapter' option. I also wish there was a stretch at the end. Yes, I know they stretch at the end of each section, but I kind of like to do a stretch at the end as a "finisher." And speaking of stretching, I know it was mentioned that it looked strange that only the lead did the stretches after the exercises. I totally agree and don't really understand the rationale behind it, but kind of minor I guess. Anyway I am happy with this purchase and felt I got a nice workout without a ton of equipment. Glad I didn't Joni O it after the introduction.
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-20, 07:50 PM  
lavna

Good evening everyone!

Today was another mix & match: RWH Plyo hiit #2, then Cathe Live #56 Totally toned legs then Xtrain abs #1. My legs were a little wobbly by the end!

manleym: I too am impressed that you did Cardio leg crush PLUS Tabaticize on the same day. They're not easy workouts! I agree with you about this group! It's great that we support and motivate each other!

kittybug: I hope you get your stimulus this week as expected and that it gets better. Sending you good vibes!

cataddict: This looks like a great combo! Step blast is a favorite!

kateTT: I agree with kittybug: Step blast gets easier after a few times. I'm sure you'll like it eventually. Congrats on sticking with it even it was tricky!

To answer your question, here are a few of my favorite Cathes:
- RWH legs
- Ramped up upper body
- RWH back, shoulders and biceps
- Step blast
- Cardio leg blast

Waves to bee, mickey12, momofcha, ChelePA, horusosiris, zraipel and anyone else I might have forgotten!

Nathalie
lavna is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-20, 08:15 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Okay that last response was really long so I'm starting a new post.

zraipel, welcome! Please continue to post when you can. I also bought Pure Strength recently. I really like it too! I didn't think it as dated as I expected. All three workouts are good and solid. bee, not trying to enable you or anything, but it was definitely a worthwhile purchase.

kittybug, I'm sorry about your car issue. Ugh! Glad you enjoyed All Out LIH. ITA about those switch kick thingies. They were tricky to get but really like them now.

kittybug and lavna, funny how we are all different! I find choreographed workouts much easier than those with intervals.

KateTT, I think you qualify for Yard Max Extreme! You certainly do your share of working out in your daily activity. And I think you don't give yourself enough credit for being able to learn the choreography from some of these workouts. Good job! And Step Works is on the Cardio Hits DVD. Mary still has this DVD available on her site. Not that I'm trying to enable you.

bee, I love that you have chickens! There's nothing like fresh eggs. My DH works with someone that used to raise chickens for their eggs and gave them to us until he insisted on paying her something (for chicken feed, he said). She gave us pictures of the chickens who laid the eggs she gave us. A year or so ago she decided she had too many (three chickens seemed to lead to several dozen, she said) and has reduced her group to only a few and we get our eggs from a local farm.

I really need to think harder about my favorite Cathe workout(s). I have so many! Will report back after I've decided.

Waving to all! Stay strong and stay safe!
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-20, 12:03 PM  
ChelePA

Anyone adding on Cathe's short workouts that she does on Facebook/YouTube? I am loving them as add ons. Just did Energy Blast Bootcamp after Rock'm Sock'm today with weighted gloves. They are also perfect for my daughter especially since most of them do not require equipment for a full workout and they time in around 20-25 minutes.
ChelePA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-20, 01:47 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

You guys are making me want to do Step Jump Pump. The mish mosh with Step Blast sounds like it would be fun!

cataddict I'm glad you like your new Jari. Yes, that warm up in each doesn't make sense -- they should have done it as a separate chapter. And I agree about a stretch at the end. I like having a slightly longer stretch after, even if there are stretches intermixed. I usually add on some of my own stretches anyway. On Pure Strength..... it looks like Mary may be out of stock on that. I should watch Cathe's daily deals. And yes, the fresh eggs taste so yummy!! My kids have already commented that they will have a hard time eating eggs when they move away from home.

ChelePA, I hadn't realized she was posting those -- I don't go on facebook much. It does sound like fun.

I did a 30 minute Peloton fun run today, outside, and then added on some short MadFit youtube that was being shown at an all school meeting for my oldest son. There was a lag, since it was a youtube through zoom, but it was kind of fun -- done to the Weekend's Blinding Lights. Oh, plus my glute work.
Old 05-13-20, 02:22 PM  
Mickey12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelePA View Post
Anyone adding on Cathe's short workouts that she does on Facebook/YouTube? I am loving them as add ons. Just did Energy Blast Bootcamp after Rock'm Sock'm today with weighted gloves. They are also perfect for my daughter especially since most of them do not require equipment for a full workout and they time in around 20-25 minutes.
I have seen those short workouts on facebook, but I haven't done any of them. I was considering doing one but the music seemed really low and I could hardly hear it. That's a huge pet peeve of mine - I need to be able to turn up the volume louder than the fan blowing behind me and really HEAR the music. I normally can't achieve the volume I need on the laptop or ipad when doing cardio work so I just use them for yoga mainly. It's one of the reasons I don't like downloads. (and I hate streaming.....)

Kim
Mickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-20, 10:22 AM  
manleym

Hi All!

Happy Thursday! I hope you are all doing well!

Kate TT and Bee, how I would LOVE to have fresh eggs, and lots of land. Everything fresh always tastes better. My husband's aunt lives on a big farm in Wisconsin and he remembers going there in the summer and having fresh milk from their cows and just how good it tasted. We had a huge garden growing up and I can still remember how good all of the vegetables and fruit tasted. Nothing can replace real, whole, fresh food.

ChelePA I haven't tried any of Cathe's FB workouts, only the lives she posts on her 4 Seasons page. I use my husband's FB account since he's signed in to our computer that is connected to our TV. If you're not on FB, you might be able to access them if you subscribe to Cathe's YouTube channel. I've seen a few things pop up on YT since I subscribe to her channel. But I haven't done any of them so I can't provide any feedback.

Yesterday I did Cathe Live You Bet Your Bootcamp. I liked it. It moved pretty quickly, I liked using all of the toys - bands, weights, discs. Today I'm doing Supercuts Extreme and Chest, Back, Shoulders.

So in preparation for the "no name" series, how hard is the choreography in Party Rockin Step 1 & 2? I've read that 1 has harder choreography than 2. 4 Day Split High Intensity Step is probably the hardest choreography workout I've done. How does PRS 1 & 2 compare to 4 DS HIS & LIS?

Waves and hugs to all! Please let us know how you are doing!
manleym is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-20, 11:01 AM  
lavna

Quote:
Originally Posted by manleym View Post
Hi All!

So in preparation for the "no name" series, how hard is the choreography in Party Rockin Step 1 & 2? I've read that 1 has harder choreography than 2. 4 Day Split High Intensity Step is probably the hardest choreography workout I've done. How does PRS 1 & 2 compare to 4 DS HIS & LIS?
Hi manleym,
I haven't done them for a while and I'm sure others will chime in but PRS2 is more "athletic" than PRS1 and got my heart rate higher. Personally, I prefer PRS2 to PRS1. Combo 2 is my favorite!
HTH
Nathalie
lavna is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-20, 11:46 AM  
bee
VF Supporter

Hi All! Hope everyone is still doing fine.

manleym, I feel extremely lucky to live where I am, especially these days! We have room to get outside easily, and since there's almost no traffic on our road ever, we feel fine riding our bikes up and back the 1.5 miles. Ironically we have never bumped into any of the people from our road while biking, but we have a couple of times seen people who have come there to walk the road in the lockdown. And yes, I agree -- fresh grown veggies taste the best! Hope we have some really good tomatoes this year.

This morning I did Supersets -- I wanted a total body that was a bit easier. It was perfect -- I felt worked out, not worn out. Muscle Max was listed on the rotation and I just knew that would be too much. I'm realizing that I really need workouts with the ab work interspersed because when it's at the end of the workout.... true confession..... I often just say "I'm done" and skip it. With boot camp the other day and supersets today, I actually did ab work. Go me. I liked some of the ones she chose for boot camp -- some standing work. I seem to prefer standing ab work I guess.

Have a great day.....
Old 05-14-20, 12:32 PM  
manleym

Thanks for the feedback Nathalie! It does help. I've read that alot of people like PRS 2 better than 1. That is good information.

Bee you are VERY lucky to live where you do!! I love that you are able to get out so much - biking, walking. Sure beats the backyard.
Yum on your tomatoes! I wish I lived near you! I'd be at your doorstep for fresh eggs and veggies!

I totally agree about Supercuts. Great workout that doesn't leave you drained. I just finished Supercuts Extreme and I really liked it. But it does leave out the last two exercises, which I liked because one of them uses the band. But it's not a deal killer. I also like abs throughout the workout and using the tubing for abs. I really like the functional feel of the workout.
manleym is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
analysis paralysis, cathe, cathe rotation, cathe rotation checkin, cathe rotations, too many choices, too many options, variety, watulan check-in