Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-07-20, 06:35 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

So now I have a plan for the week. I did Maximum Intensity Strength today which was new for me and LOVED it...didn't realize it was more in the high rep category, like some of her other stuff or Jari's stuff! I'm so glad I have this now! Solid awesome workout.

And that being said, I think I'll need to do more total body high rep stuff this week since I did Slow and Heavy for the last two weeks, so maybe I'll include Power Hour, Flex Train, maybe have to do that Road Trip Leg Day again, and I'll have to figure out what else to put in there that's low impact for cardio.

Hopefully one more week of laying off the high impact will bring my ankle around to being less cranky before I tackle RWH!
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-20, 07:27 AM  
manleym

Hi everyone! Just now catching up on posts after being on the road for 2 days! All safe and sound - rain of course because of the tropical storm but it was very manageable. We didn't stop often or for long, but I noticed that the majority of people were not wearing masks. Has that been lifted and I just don't know about it? Hubby and I wore them and people were looking at us. Guess it's different for each state.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cataddict View Post
Today I did the 5pm Live Upper/Lower Body Dumbbell Challenge. I have done this once before and thought it was tough and it was tough this time too, in a good way. By the time I got to the core part at the end I was pretty tired. I also banged my knee with my 10 pound dumbbell so now I'm bruised, but all okay.
Sorry to hear about your knee Cataddict. That always hurts. I did the Live U/L Dumbbell Challenge before I left and really like it! It is tough in a good way! I hope your knee is on the mend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittybug View Post
I finished out my week last week with Slow and Heavy Bis and Tris and walking. I'm dealing with a touch of food poisoning and low energy, so I have NO idea what I'm going to be doing this week yet. My ankle is still not quite ready for impact, I don't think. RWH will have to wait. Besides, Manleym is on vacation and I can't start without her, hah hah hah!!!
No, you can't start RWH without me!!! I'm going to need something to whip me back into shape after eating myself into oblivion and not working out for a week! Thanks for waiting for me, Kittybug!
I'm so sorry to hear about the food poisoning. How are you feeling? And keeping my fingers crossed that your ankle will be all healed by next week.

Fanofladyvols, you are a goddess! All chiseled and rock solid!! I love it! And I love that your people are noticing! That's awesome!

Horusosiris and KateTT I'm so impressed that you were both lifters! Wow! You both really know the technique of lifting and I would love to see both of you in action.

Waves to all and hugs to everyone - ChelePA, Kim, Bee, Nathale and anyone else I may have accidentally missed! Stay fierce, and workout for me this week! I'll be checking in as I can! Everyone stay strong and healty!
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-20, 09:39 AM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Yay, Manleym, you made it safe!! Enjoy your vacay and try to stay dry!

I'm feeling better...my husband ate more of the offending food and was much worse off than me but we're both better now. But my ankle....well, I was heading downstairs in the dark last night and didn't see one of my cats was asleep ON one of the stairs. I started to step on her and as I realized what was going on, she went running and I nearly tumbled down the stairs, trying to keep from fully stepping on her. I caught myself and didn't fall (thankfully!) but somehow, that act of catching myself wrenched the heck out of my ankle and now it's worse than it was to start off with! I can't figure out how since I didn't land on it or twist it in any weird way! It just stressed something that was already inflamed, I guess.

So definitely waiting for you on RWH, just not sure when I'll be up to it!

Stay safe and have fun!!!
Old 06-08-20, 10:23 AM  
lavna

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittybug View Post
But my ankle....well, I was heading downstairs in the dark last night and didn't see one of my cats was asleep ON one of the stairs. I started to step on her and as I realized what was going on, she went running and I nearly tumbled down the stairs, trying to keep from fully stepping on her. I caught myself and didn't fall (thankfully!) but somehow, that act of catching myself wrenched the heck out of my ankle and now it's worse than it was to start off with! I can't figure out how since I didn't land on it or twist it in any weird way! It just stressed something that was already inflamed, I guess.
Oh no! How disappointing! I'm so sorry for you!
Nathalie
lavna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-20, 10:26 AM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Hey gals!! Another new week of fun and fierce. I'm going to take advantage of still being laid off and double up my workouts.
Friday I strayed from Cathe and did KCMs Body Training. All bodyweight but not too hard. I'm sure there would be ways to make it more challenging like adding ankle weights but still a fun workout.

Today I'm starting my double workouts. I started with 80 Day Obsession Phase 1 Day 1 Total Body Core. I LOVE 80DO!! And have not revisited it since I did it two years ago so fun to start again.
I finished with Cathe's LIS Low Impact Challenge. I got a bit lost on some of the moves but not too bad. Definitely low impact and actually kind of hard not to jump on some stuff. ;-)

bee: Great gardening!! It got hot here too in MN. Got up to 95 yesterday with big winds and same for today. Nice and cool inside with AC but I cringe when I see the electric meter.

manleym: belated happy birthday to you DH!

horusosiris: yes I just have to take one day at a time. My brother boxed up some of my mom's jewelry and clothes and it took me two days to open them. The clothes still smell like Mom so I boxed it all back up and sealed it. I want to save the smell.
300 Live workouts!!! Wowsers!

ChelePA: SOOOO glad your foot is getting better! Well done girlfriend!

Linda: 4DS really surprised me and I loved them!! I bet you'll do great with the cardio.
Have you done any of the Pyramid workouts? Those are awesome. Hope you enjoy your trip.

cataddict: Shall we flood Cathe's forum with Drill Max 2 requests? ;-)

kittybug: Yikes on the food poisoning! And the ankle! I hope you feel better today! Hope you come up with a fun rotation! Do you have STS Total Body? Another good one. Maybe when manleym gets back we can all do RWH? I'm ready!

Hugs and waves to anyone else I might have missed. Stay strong....don't doubt yourself! Try using that heavier weight - you might surprise yourself! Working to failure with weights is a good thing..you'll just keep getting stronger.

Taqke care!

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-20, 10:48 AM  
ChelePA

Quote:
Originally Posted by lavna View Post
Oh no! How disappointing! I'm so sorry for you!
Nathalie
Yikes!!! Please take it easy! So many other workouts you can do to let it heal.

It's been hard for me to not go right back to my more intense workouts but I know healing is so important.
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-20, 12:52 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Hello everyone. I think I missed posting a couple of days. My youngest had high school graduation this weekend, so was somewhat busy with that (though not as much as I might have if it had been "normal"). And I guess plenty of gardening.

horusosiris, count me as another impressed by your power lifting!!

fanofladyvols, congratulations on people noticing definition! That's cool! Especially abs!!

manleym, enjoy your trip. I don't get out a whole lot, but it seems like mostly people are still wearing masks in our area in stores anyway -- not much just out and about, it seems.

kittybug, what a bummer about your ankle! I'm always in fear of my dogs tripping me up -- they get so crazy sometimes. But oh, those stealthy kitties! You will definitely have to take a cue from ChelePA it seems.

Kate, double workouts! Wow. I was looking for a Cathe rotation last night and I think it may have been the current one (I looked at a bunch) where she calls for some optional double workouts. I'm not sure I'm that fierce, but go you!!!

I finished up my Split Fit week -- yesterday was Low Impact + Metabolic. While I was doing the low impact part I recalled that someone here complained about it -- the disc work. I did not use the discs! I either subbed the move or did it higher impact without. This morning I redid Legs & Glutes and tomorrow I'm moving on to a somewhat random rotation of Cathe stuff.

Waves to all!
Old 06-08-20, 05:56 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Thanks, gals, for all the kind wishes! Dang ankle!!

Today I revisited Linda Wooldridge and did her Endurance 120 1 + 2 =3. My goodness, while this was a tad easier than the last time I did it ages ago, it still kicked my booty! Tough stuff! I wanted a no-impact sweat fest with functional stuff that left me feeling stretched out and this fit the bill perfectly!

KateTT, I LOVE STS Total Body! It sat on my shelf for ages until this chronological rotation when I discovered what a gem it is! Thanks for the reminder...chronological is out the window until my ankle heals, so I might have to revisit this one too!

ChelePA, I'm so grateful there are so many ways to work out, I really am! And I tend to be the WORST at giving proper time for healing, arg!! I think of you often actually and how you persevered through a broken foot which is way worse than what I have going on!

Oh, Bee, sorry about graduation not being the "normal" thing...what is normal anymore, ack! Can you come on over and pull my weeds too, since you seem to be super adept at Yard Max?

Stay fierce, everyone, and happy Monday!!
Old 06-08-20, 08:57 PM  
Mickey12

Kittybug what a bummer about your ankle. It really stinks, especially since you were on the mend.

Tonight I did Susan Chung Rapidfire. Well, I did the beginning and decided to save the rest for another day. I had a walk at lunch and got started with the dvd late, so I only did part of it. Something is better than nothing.

Kim
Mickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-20, 09:25 PM  
fanofladyvols

Kim something is ALWAYS better than nothing. Wonder why you weren't feeling it? Like was it the workout..or your own mood?

kittybug don't neglect medical care if you don't feel it's improving. And you made me laugh urging Bee to help you with Yard Max.

bee I'm probably going to be random about choosing Cathe for cardio this week. Will you be lowering intensity this go around?

ChelePA you have been leading us by example of how to come back safely.

Kate I have my MIL's sewing case and embroidery thread case (actually a luggage vanity case). I actively use her sewing basket which reminds me of a fishing tackle box. I added my sewing items into it , organized it but every time I open it, I still smell her. It's been three years!

I wanted to mention my Jari adventure hasn't been a winner for me so far. They both have the Weights/abs bonus that I do love! I will keep one of them but the main workouts (Body Rocks and Lean Machine) aren't workouts I will ever do again. It's a bummer when you're all excited to try a new workout and you're left feeling meh.

Be good to yourselves, Fitness Goddesses!!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
analysis paralysis, cathe, cathe rotation, cathe rotation checkin, cathe rotations, too many choices, too many options, variety, watulan check-in