Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-28-18, 09:27 PM  
desderata

So, this is the 2017 Beauty Thread, but it's still going, so I'll post. A while back, some of us were discussing Retin A/trenitoin and some posted about purchasing it without a prescription from online Canadian pharmacies. Is anyone still buying Retin A this way? Are you still happy with the service and product? Which pharmacy do you use? Thanks in advance.
desderata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-18, 10:59 AM  
Demeris

Quote:
Originally Posted by desderata View Post
So, this is the 2017 Beauty Thread, but it's still going, so I'll post. A while back, some of us were discussing Retin A/trenitoin and some posted about purchasing it without a prescription from online Canadian pharmacies. Is anyone still buying Retin A this way? Are you still happy with the service and product? Which pharmacy do you use? Thanks in advance.
Kaysa Skincare

kaysaskincare.com
Demeris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-18, 11:24 AM  
cindyw75

Quote:
Originally Posted by desderata View Post
I started using Differin gel, which is a type of retinoid, not tretinoin, but it's another type of retinoid. It used to be by prescription only, but now you can buy over the counter. It's milder than Retin A, but I've had some great results. It's made my skin smoother.
cindyw75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-18, 12:07 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demeris View Post
Kaysa Skincare

kaysaskincare.com
Last time I checked, Kaysa only takes a money order or a check for payment. You have to mail it to them and then they send you the product.

I prefer shops to take PayPal.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-18, 11:20 PM  
Leonana

Thre are two Indian pharmacies that sell tretinioin without a prescription, Alldaychemist and ReliableRX. They are highly recommended by Beauty Gurus on You Tube. You have to use an echeck and shipping is $10 or thereabouts, but it's $6 a tube. I've purchased from ReliableRX, and buy more than one tube at a time to save on shipping. I've used the echeck twice with no issues. It takes about two weeks to receive your order.

Regarding requiring a check, money order or echeck, my theory is that they are cracking down on purchasing tretinion without a prescription. Credit Card companies and paypal won't allow it. But the prices for Retin A are outrageous here in the U.S., especially since they sell the real thing in India for $5 a tube.
Old 01-31-18, 03:41 PM  
desderata

Thanks, everyone, for your responses.
desderata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-18, 11:41 AM  
donnamp

hi,

Either on this thread or another beauty related thread, a fellow VFer posted about this site/store:

https://www.olivu426.com/

They are having a free shipping sale through Monday, 2/5. the code is Valentine18.

I like that they offer a lot of fragrance free natural products! You can customize some to add in a fragrance of your choice or a sunscreen.

Enjoy!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-18, 01:12 PM  
Genevieve M

Anybody have suggestions for best at-home hair color?

I have to do my roots between salon visits. Have tried esalon (really smells because it contains ammonia, very drying), then Madison Reed (didn't cover my greys). Am open to store-bought brands, too. Use Garnier for a while; it wasn't bad.

Thanks for any help you can give.
Genevieve M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-18, 04:38 PM  
seabliss

Does your hair need to be lightened at all with the color? If you don't need any lifting, Redken Shades EQ is very nice. I buy mine from Amazon. You pick your shade and you also buy the processing solution. It makes your hair look shiny and healthy.

If you need to lighten your natural color, try Sally Beauty. I've been buying my haircolor there forever now. It's very well priced and a lot better than box. Box colors are not good because they are one-size-fits-all and give you a very strong developer because of that. You should use the lowest developer that you need, to make it gentler on your hair.

Don't feel nervous that mixing a developer and shade is difficult in any way. It's not hard at all. The workers at Sally can help you pick a good shade for you, too.

Tags
beauty thread, beauty tips, dr dray, hotandflashy, makeupalley, paulas choice