Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-30-17, 02:42 PM  
Carol K

I've been using Paula's Choice Skin Perfecting 2% BHA Gel all over my face and neck (including around eyes) twice a day for years.
Old 11-30-17, 03:01 PM  
cindyw75

Quote:
Originally Posted by rheash92 View Post
Can someone recommend a good chemical exfoliant? I tried the one from the Ordinary and didn't like it at all. In fact I didn't like any of their products didn't do much for my skin. Thanks!
Did you try the 30% AHA peel? It gave me instant results. I use it once a week now. My pores look smaller and my skin's texture is so much smoother, and after the first use. It does tingle while it's on my face...I mean uncomfortably, but I put some oil and moisturizer on as soon as I rinse off, and I love the way my skin feels.
cindyw75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-17, 03:15 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindyw75 View Post
Did you try the 30% AHA peel? It gave me instant results. I use it once a week now. My pores look smaller and my skin's texture is so much smoother, and after the first use. It does tingle while it's on my face...I mean uncomfortably, but I put some oil and moisturizer on as soon as I rinse off, and I love the way my skin feels.
30% is very strong. I wouldn't use that high a concentration if your skin is dry or sensitive.

rheash92, maybe start with a lower concentration like the Paula's Choice ones. She has AHA and BHA formulas. AHA is better for wrinkles, etc. BHA is better for acne.

http://www.paulaschoice.com/shop-cat...bha-exfoliants

She also has higher levels to work up to as you choose.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-17, 03:18 PM  
donnamp

If you are looking for an AHA product - Alpha has many to chose from.

https://www.neotericcosmetics.com/sh...pha-skin-care/

I think some of their line is sold at Ulta

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-17, 03:38 PM  
BunnyHop

Just thought I'd mention that I've been using the Nioxin level 1 cleanser and conditioner lately. I'd used them before when my hair was a lot, lot shorter, but I wasn't sure how well the conditioner would detangle. It does a great job, and I really like the way these products work.

My hair's quite fine, but reasonably abundant, with a tendency to get oily very easily. Using these, my hair/scalp seems clean without being weighted down from oiliness or conditioner.

It does have a minty sort of tingle, not sure I want that all the time, but I've been a lot happier with my hair since I've been using these, so I'll just ignore it, LOL!
Old 11-30-17, 10:08 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnamp View Post
If you are looking for an AHA product - Alpha has many to chose from.

https://www.neotericcosmetics.com/sh...pha-skin-care/

I think some of their line is sold at Ulta

Donna
I've used the Alpha Body lotion with 12% AHA for a long time and like it very much. I do not use it on my face - I use a Paula's Choice AHA gel for my face. Both are good, the Alpha is less expensive than Paula's Choice.
Paula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-17, 10:31 PM  
pharma_gal

If you were to use just a couple of masks which ones would you use? Thanks!
pharma_gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-17, 10:42 PM  
MsThistlebottom

Quote:
Originally Posted by rheash92 View Post
Can someone recommend a good chemical exfoliant? I tried the one from the Ordinary and didn't like it at all. In fact I didn't like any of their products didn't do much for my skin. Thanks!
I like the Peter Thomas Roth Un-Wrinkle Peel Pads. If you have sensitive skin, use just once a week to start, and be sure to rinse off well after applying. I avoid chemical exfoliants on my neck because the skin is easily irritated.

"When I was young, I used to admire intelligent people; as I grow older, I admire kind people." -- Abraham Joshua Heschel
MsThistlebottom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-17, 10:50 PM  
MsThistlebottom

Quote:
Originally Posted by pharma_gal View Post
If you were to use just a couple of masks which ones would you use? Thanks!
Are you looking for sheet masks? I used this Polatam hydrating mask recently, and it is just heavenly. Every time I go to this site to order some more, it's sold out.

These sheet masks from Orgaid are also very nice. I've tried the first two--vitamin C and anti-aging.

"When I was young, I used to admire intelligent people; as I grow older, I admire kind people." -- Abraham Joshua Heschel
MsThistlebottom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-17, 09:51 AM  
pharma_gal

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsThistlebottom View Post
Are you looking for sheet masks? I used this Polatam hydrating mask recently, and it is just heavenly. Every time I go to this site to order some more, it's sold out.

These sheet masks from Orgaid are also very nice. I've tried the first two--vitamin C and anti-aging.
I am looking for regular masks..something that is multi purpose like cleans and tones at the same time..but these look good! Thanks!
pharma_gal is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
beauty thread, beauty tips, dr dray, hotandflashy, makeupalley, paulas choice